Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.4

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process with Salesforce was very organized, thought provoking and challenging. The interview required preparation on my part. The follow through with the recruiter was timely and always consistent. The bar was set high from the beginning to end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was extremely efficient, transparent, and professional from start to finish. Salesforce made a great first impression with a phone call from Vince, a very knowledgeable recruiter at the San Francisco office. From there, I was connected with Meg, an equally knowledgeable recruiter at the local Chicago office. She was extremely helpful in telling me more about the role/culture, answering my questions, and prepping me for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview consisted of 2 portions, 1 with two hiring managers, and the other with two peers in the BDR role. All four employees were energetic and knowledgeable about Salesforce and the role. While there were some soft toss questions regarding job history/experience, there were also some great questions that really made you think but also were clearly asked for a reason. A short sales role play capped the interview.

Whether or not I would have gotten an offer, I was thoroughly impressed throughout the entire process. Questions were answered, next steps were laid out, timelines were met, and resources were made available. While those all might seem like very basic functions of an interview process - I would imagine not many companies deliver on them like Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Based on what you've learned about this role, where will you struggle on day one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

The interview was thorough and I really enjoyed the whole experience. It took about three weeks and my recruiter Meg was a huge help in setting me up for success. I met with two BDR Managers for about an hour and then two current BDR's for another half hour. At the end of the BDR manager interview I had to do a mock sales call as well.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter then a face to face with the director, 3 managers and 2 peers. Tough interview, you should prepare by studying the product and preparing questions for the mock call.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Describe the marketing cloud. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever learned? Why Salesforce?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Referred by an employee, 30 min screen call w/ SDR/BDR Hiring Manager, 2 on-site interviews with two current BDR's and two BDM's (1:30). Accepted offer!

Great experience. Fast and to the point. First interview with current BDRs was a feel it out session. Second interview with BDMs was more technical. Questions aligned with why sales, why Salesforce, Past prospecting/sales quotas, when have you failed, how would you prospect Facebook, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why sales? Describe a time you prospected, challenges; uniqueness; successes?   Answer Question
    • What did you take away/learn from the two BDR's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

In person interview that discussed the comparisons between my current role and a position as a BDR with Salesforce, as well as a phone interview consisting of a role play scenario as a BDR to a hiring manager posing as a prospective buyer.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Straightforward process and interview. The whole process was about 3 weeks from initial phone screen to when I received an offer. Two initial phone screens and then an in-person interview with two BDR's and two managers. BDR's were there to mostly feel you out and see if you would be a good fit. The managers dove into my background and my skill set. The whole process was very straightforward and if you do a strong amount of prep you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you currently doing to grow outside of work? Q: Tell me something about you not on your resume and how that would help you in this role?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Thorough and swift process. Recruiters are great to work with. Not a ton of engagement from the Interviewers, very standard questions which surprised me. Some of the initial screening which suggested more product based questions, never came up.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your approach to the science of sales?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied through a employee referral. This process took about a month from application submission to offer.
    Process was 2 calls and an onsite interview. 1st call was with a recruiter located at the headquarters and is more to go over your resume and see why you are interested in the company. 2nd call was with a BDR recruiter located in the onsite office. This was another time to get a feel for your background and see if you would be a good fit for the company and that particular office. That went well so we scheduled an in person interview with 2 BDM's and 2 BDRs currently in the position. Meg was my recruiter and made sure I was prepared for the interview by providing me with tons of helpful content to study. Went into the onsite portion feeling very confident because of her help. The onsite dove more into past sales scenario and how they would translate and what you could add to the team.

The time spent studying the products and preparing is what makes this lean toward difficult rather than average but if you put in the time you see the results so it is worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a great experience and one of the best interview processes I have ever been through. The recruiter did a great job of preparing me for each step and was a valuable source of information.

Interview Questions

• Other than a hard worker how would you best decribe yourself?   Answer Question