Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Business Development Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I utilized Glassdoor quite a bit throughout my interview process at Salesforce. Everyone's experience was very insightful, but it was the reviews that received a thumbs down that I was most interested in. Some people said the rounds of interviews are frustrating. Some people were mad because they interviewed for one position and then they were rerouted to another, having to start the process all over again. Others are upset because people were late and the process is lengthy. Here's what I realized going through this process...

After being rerouted 3 times, having 8 phone screens, 3 in-person interviews and a presentation I had to face the fact that people at Salesforce are just very busy. It's nothing personal when they are getting through your interviews and they are being direct. They know what they're looking for and you either hit the mark or you don't. If you don't, try again. I was told no THREE times before I received a yes. It took me a few times to really understand their point of view and the way in which they approach these meetings. They are not long winded at all and they are looking for clear and concise answers to their questions. Answer the question, move on. It's that simple. The process is long because they are very serious about placing the right people. Salesforce spends a lot of time and energy as it pertains to training and investing in new hires and their current employees. There's a reason they have a 4.2 rating on Glassdoor. People are happy and it's because they go to extra lengths to put people in areas where they can work at their highest potential.

My recruiter was fantastic. She stuck by me and really believed in me as a candidate regardless of the rejection I had received previously. Bottom line, this is not a feelings game, this is about business and if you really want it, you keep trying. This is an organization filled with 10K people, there's bound to be a bad experience at some point. If that initial experience leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you're willing to give up, this probably isn't the place for you. Salesforce is about collaborating, working hard, winning, having fun and giving back. If you can't deal with tiny bumps, you don't deserve to work here.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Jan 19, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share such an insightful interview review with the Glassdoor community! You provided some very valuable context, and did your research, which clearly paid off in the ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful! Ashley-Rose was my recruiter and was so helpful and transparent through the whole process. She was available for all questions during my initial screening and before the in-person interview. She sent a variety of documents and videos to prepare which were all very helpful.

The in-person interviews were great and informative. I met with 4 people, 1 person per 30 minute interview over two hours. Similar questions were asked but it was great to hear from managers as well as current Business Development Representatives.

I heard back after three days!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-2 Phone Screens
    -In person with 2 BDRs followed by an in person interview with 3 hiring managers
    Everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful. They are truly invested in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I never thought a hiring process could be this enjoyable. I was referred internally by a current employee and was immediately called by Ashley-Rose in recruiting. We went over my background and my credentials experience so she could get a feel for where I was professionally. She was so inviting and Immediately started reaffirming my decision to interview at Salesforce. After my screening with her I had a phone interview. It was 30 minutes long and I was asked basic background and sales experience questions. Very straightforward. I was then invited to a 2 hour in-person interview where I met with 2 managers and 2 team leaders 30 min per person. The conversation was great, I felt welcomed to share my story and my experiences professionally. Ashley-Rose actually sat in on one of my interviews which was really cool. The questions were straight forward and the biggest issue was that I came from Equinox in the fitness industry without any tech or software experience. I needed to show that I had been selling value and that my experience was transferable to this industry. Hard-working, fast-learners with the desire to help people are some qualities salesforce is looking for. I received a call 2 days after my in person and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of in your life (work, personal, etc)?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain Salesforce to someone with no tech experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • How will you be able to sell this product without experience in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The comp package was very straight forward. I believe the company gives you a great opportunity to succeed. I did not negotiate. It seems like it would be accepted but I couldn't comment on what I think the outcome would be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

very quick, recruiter was extremely helpful. The process was quick- first a phone interview than a 2 hour in-person interview with managers and business development representatives. The interview was very informative and I learned a lot regarding the role and the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to Salesforce through an employee referral. The entire process was simple, friendly, quick moving, and transparent. I read a majority of the Glassdoor reviews throughout the process and all were very helpful.

Ashley-Rose was the recruiter I worked with and she was fantastic throughout the entire process. She truly cared about getting to know me and helping me succeed in the process.

Ashley first made contact via email and we set a time for an initial 30 minute phone screening. The screening was a conversation that Ashley made extremely comfortable. She simply wanted to get to know me better: my background, my career goals, my sales experience and tactics, why salesforce, etc.. Throughout our entire conversation it felt as if I had known her for quite some time, rather than for the few minutes we had been speaking. After our conversation, Ashley gave great feedback on what she picked up on and asked if we could schedule a call for the next day to discuss the position more in depth.

The following day, Ashley called and we spoke for roughly 10 minutes. She laid out the role of the Business Development position and gauged my interest in the position after knowing all the details. After I confirmed with her that I was indeed interested in continuing in the process, she offered to send me information that would help in the next stage. Additionally, she gave me her cell number to reach out at anytime with questions and even offered to rehearse with me before the next interview. I was truly blown away from all the resources I received and it was reassuring to know that I had someone in the company who was rooting for me.

I applied to the NYC office and lived out of state, so my next stage in the process was a 2 hour Google hangout session with 2 BDR Managers and 2 BDRs. The 2 hour interview was broken down into 4 - 30 minute sessions with each person. Every person I interviewed with was great. They all genuinely wanted to get to know me better and understand who I am professionally and personally. It was generally the same conversation with each interviewer - tell me about you, what makes you the right person for this job, why Salesforce, what are your interests. Again, every interview felt more like a conversation than anything else.

After my Google hangout session, Ashley followed up with me and asked for my feedback on the process and how I felt my interviews went. It was 2 days later that I received an offer to join the team! In all, it took 11 days from my first conversation with Ashley to receiving an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

-2 phone screens- standard questions about your background, "Why Salesforce?"
    -Networking event/group interview- feel you out to see if you're a good culture fit.
    -Panel/final interview. Met with 2 team leaders and 2 peer interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe Salesforce to someone not in businesss or technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was very smooth and straightforward. I had the pleasure of working with Ashley-Rose as my recruiter who was excellent. She was informative, accessible, and a true professional.

I applied through an employee referral and the first step was a phone screen with Ashley-Rose. We went over my sales metrics, my desire to be in sales (and at Salesforce) and she asked me some questions about my knowledge of the company. The conversation lasted about 40 minutes. Ashley-Rose did a great job of explaining the BDR position, as well as the company culture at Salesforce.

The next step was attending a recruiting/networking event in NYC. This was a wonderful experience as it gave the candidates a chance to mingle and pick the brains of current Salesforce employees (executives, recruiters, current BDRs, managers, etc). Once again, Ashley-Rose was there to guide me through this process, and answer any questions I had along the way.

I was then invited in for a 2-hour in-person interview with 2 current BDRs and 2 managers. Ashley-Rose prepared me with a list of potential questions, and suggested things to know about Salesforce. She was always available via text/call/email with questions and concerns I had along the way. The 2 hour interview was on-time and professionally run--make sure you know your sales metrics as well as have a good understanding of the value propositions of Salesforce.

I received an offer the very next day!

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Salesforce to someone who isn't tech-savvy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and was shortly thereafter contacted by a recruiter that set up a phone screening. After the phone screening, I was asked to meet in the Burlington office with two managers (one being the hiring manager), and two other BDR's. Everyone was extremely friendly, all my meetings started and ended on time. I left the interview with a very positive experience, telling myself "I really want to work here, these people are awesome!"

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you believe you can bring to the table that others can't? Other than that, there weren't many canned questions. It was more casual, just getting to know each-other and making sure it would be a good cultural fit.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Very quick moving process -- two phone screens and an onsite. Both phone screens are with recruiters and the onsite you meet with several team members. I worked with Ashley-Rose Kelley, and she kept an open line of communication which greatly helped. Definitely one of the top recruiters I've ever worked with, as she provided clear-cut insight into each step. Overall it was a very positive experience.