Salesforce Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

3.6

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

-2 Phone Screens
    -In person with 2 BDRs followed by an in person interview with 3 hiring managers
    Everyone was very knowledgeable and helpful. They are truly invested in their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why Salesforce?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Very quick process. I originally interviewed with the company in February 2016. I did not receive an offer but received great feedback on what skills I needed to be competitive for the role. I gained experience in a new role with another company and was contacted in January 2017 to interview again. I had a quick phone screen to update the recruiter on my new role and was set up for an in person interview the following Monday. Interviewed with four managers and received and offer the following morning.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly straight forward process that started with a coffee meeting, phone screen, panel interview, presentation and a final phone interview with someone from HQ. Each conversation was professional and Salesforce rep was prepared and engaged throughout the meeting. The presentation was a case study and a Power Point deck that I presented to 3 folks who role played a CEO, COO and internal champion.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a complex sales cycle and how do you manage each variable   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone calls and an in person interview. First phone call was with a recruiter who asked why I was interested in Salesforce and sales in general as well as standard resume questions. She was very helpful and gave me tips on how to do well in the next interview. Second phone interview was with a man who oversaw both SDR's and BDR's on site and asked similar questions as the first interview. The third interview was in person and asked similar questions as well as behavioral questions. Overall quick and good interviews.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was a little drawn out. From beginning to hire date probably was about 8 months. Other than that it was very professional and on track. Seems like they have a process in place to bring in the best talent.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company to guarantee a fast start?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. Would've liked the ability to have some more control over that. I guess as a company they don't negotiate.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone screen with senior recruiter
    3. Phone screen with manager
    4. Individual onsite interviews with 3 team members
    5. Panel presentation

Everything was fairly standard. Phone screens seem to focus on fit for the position. The onsite interviews were much more about team and culture fit.

You'll get peppered with questions during the panel presentation so my recommendation is prepare 30 minutes of material but practice delivering only 20 minutes of your best material. This includes setting an agenda, your story, your demo, and the next steps. Questions throughout the panel will attempt to derail you and if you don't plan to adapt on the fly it'll be even more challenging. Big emphasis on creating a story to set the stage for your demo. In many ways this was much more important than the features I demoed. Also, have a backup plan for each thing you plan to demo; if it doesn't work as expected, what are you going to do now? Plan for these issues ahead of time.

Take advantage of all the help and support they offer. They connected me with an (awesome) SE to act as a mentor as I prepared - use them.

Senior Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

There were a series of short interviews leading up to a panel interview, which was a presentation & demo in role. The panel is challenging and you will be pushed, but the team goes out of its way to help you prepare and make sure you're ready to do your best. A mentor is assigned to help you throughout the way, and the process was very positive and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• There were some challenging "skeptical customer" questions during the panel presentation.   Answer Question

Customer Succ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Was lucky to get a few informational interviews with some senior directors and a VP. This allowed me to learn how to navigate the hiring process. I had several formal phone interviews with various team members, then had to prepare a case study to present to several folks in different roles.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.
      Pretty conversational and very comfortable.
      Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was by far the best interview process I've ever gone through. Every single recruiter I talked to throughout the process was kind, professional, fun/exciting, helpful, and knowledgeable. I was always kept in the loop as to where I stood in the process and when I should expect to hear back.

I had about 2 phone interviews, and then had a final interview with 4 others. I truly enjoyed speaking with everyone at every stage. Although interviews can always be intimidating, it really felt like they wanted to get to know me and my background to see if I was a fit. Everyone made me feel comfortable from the get-go which made the interview process feel a lot more natural than others I've gone through.

Two thumbs up!

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume at a high level overview. Describe how you've had to push back on clients in the past. How do you build trust with you clients. Why Salesforce.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Very professional and efficient hiring process. Salesforce is a fast-growing company, so they need to be efficient, but they want to maintain the Salesforce culture too. Watch the Dreamforce keynote presentations to get a sense of the Salesforce culture and their drive to make a difference in the world while building a highly successful organization.

Interview Questions

• Create a presentation based on a case study and present it to a Salesforce panel role-playing as a customer executive team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was above expectations, and their benefits are great, so my advice is to look at the whole offer package and value their culture too.