Salesforce Cloud Security Interview Questions

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Cloud Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I originally applied for a similar position but in a different department. I didn't hear back from Salesforce for about a month, but then a recruiter reached out to me for a "potential" position with another group. The original position I applied for was already filled out, but there is a new Head of Cloud Security who is building a new department, per the recruiter. So I was put in touch with this person, who then later conducted a phone interview with me. The discussion was pretty light, as if he is not sure what kind of staff he is looking for. I chalked it up to the fact that this guy is new to Salesforce and is building a new department. A couple of weeks later, I followed-up with him, who then called me and asked if I can meet with him TODAY. This is an extraordinary request, but seeing there is a chance to meet him for an "onsite" interview, I agreed. So I cancelled all my meetings and went to meet with him. This "onsite" interviewer was not something I expected: he was asking about my experiences on how to implement security for a Cloud Service Provider, which I did. But at the end, he said that the position he is looking for is NOT open for the next 2 months. Why would he not told me this over the phone? It's a huge waste of time on my end, having to travel from my workplace to meet with the hiring manager, who just want to tell me he is still "thinking" about a position that does NOT yet EXIST. All in all, I am worried on his strategic thinking on managing this department, especially coming from somebody who hold an executive leadership position, and glad that I "did not get the job".

Interview Questions