Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was excellent. Great and knowledgeable interviewers. Extremely thorough yet fair and transparent. Great experience. The hiring process was a bit more stressful. A lot of approvals had to come through to get the head count approved. Initially was told it would be another 90 days but was then extended an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle not being the person able to make the decisions for the clients that I work with? And how would I define success in tha environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2016.

Interview

It was kind of bizzard. I got the call from recruiter to hear that I should really be applying to other roles as I am not a fit for the role. I come from 8-9 years of experience on the platform and have worked as a consultant with business leadership teams and technical teams. I wasn't sure what she was trying to explain by directing me to different roles as I think I am a good fit for the CSM role. I have known CSM with similar skills who are working with salesforce on the same role. I would like to recommend salesforce to really do something about the recruitment department as I have had some worst experiences from getting an email for an interview to no show(from recruiter) to some recruiter explaining how I don't fit in the role etc.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Oct 5, 2016 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our recruiting team. Given your background I can understand your frustrations with the process. I will use this review to follow up with the team and ... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had 5 interviews in total. Started with HR then having a 1on1 call with someone in a similar role. The final interview was with a committee where I had to present a past project I led. Overall the interviews were not easy but were not super hard. Overall if you have experience then they wanted to hear your story. I think everyone was fare and open about the process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was fortunate that I came through an employee referral (who was one of the longest tenured members of the team) and the company was hiring aggressively at the time to fill open roles. From start to finish, the process lasted 10 days before I received an offer. I initially had a phone interview with who would eventually become my manager, followed by three 1:1 phone interviews with people on the team, followed by a group panel where I presented a program I recently had a critical role in to almost everyone on the team, followed by a lunch/coffee meeting with my eventual manager, and it ended with a phone conversation with my manager's boss. I received my offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? (Also, share what you understand the role of this position to be? How has your experiences prepared you for this role? What do you do to build a trusted relationship with a c-level exec?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate which I do regret but I ultimately still think the offer was appropriate.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. Started with a short phone screen and then 3 phone interviews each 30 minute with various roles within Salesforce. Then had a face-to-face meeting with potential boss before ending with a face-to-face with the Regional Vice President. The recruiters were extremely organized and worked with my schedule and were great at not allowing the process to take too long. I was impressed with each contact point with Salesforce employees. I am rating the interview process difficult because it isn't easy to get into Salesforce as they are looking for candidates with the skills required but also a good fit into their culture which is extremely customer focused. Specific questions were not too difficult but did ask for some examples of some types of situations and how I handled them. Mostly, I believe the interviewers were assessing my for a cultural fit and a personality type that will succeed at Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach difficult conversations with a customer?
      How have you been able to establish key customer relationships?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Call with recruiter - high-level to make sure it's a good fit
    2. Call with hiring manager - skill type questions and a chance to see if you two feel it's both a good fit
    3. Group interview/call - I felt this was a great opportunity to find out more about the role. Is this a good fit for me?
    4. Panel/demo interview - my favorite part! You pick the topic so chose something you are comfortable with. Keep it easy, but valuable. Show you know what your talking about and why your topic is important.

Interview Questions

• How do you gain trust from a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiters job is to help both parties reach a place that works for everyone. I felt my needs were heard and they were very accommodating. I also didn't ask for anything completely outrageous.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA).

Interview

I found the job posting via LinkedIn, applied via a contact at Salesforce. The entire process to receiving the offer took about 4 weeks. This has been the most effective, streamlined and professional interview process in my career.

Everybody was very excited to talk with me, it wasn't so much an interview as very candid, open and honest conversations (on both sides) to see if it would be a good fit not just from performance, but from cultural fit as well.

The last stage was a presentation to a three-person panel.

Interview Questions

• How do you build relationships with senior executives and become a trusted advisor to them?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process from the initial phone screen to the last in-person interview was ok. Took about a week from each step to the next. The issue is when they say when to expect to hear back with a decision. A few reach outs yielded nothing with next steps. A simple, generic rejection email would be nice instead of being stringed along. I did enjoy the interview structure and some of the people that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why are you the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an executive at the Salesforce Foundation. The recruiter called me and told me about the position and set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager had me speak with a potential peer and her manager prior to my panel interview. I completed a panel interview in New York and was offered a position the following day.

Interview Questions

• Why am I passionate about technology?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Following the discussion with the recruiter, I had two informal discussions with people on the team who would be my peers if I got the position. Then I moved on to a panel interview with the hiring VP and one of her peers. I had to give a presentation on a CRM feature launch that I had led on the Salesforce platform. I was given a synopsis of the role, some if which I had already been given by the team members I had spoken with previously. It was a very engaging discussion about some of the challenges of the role, where I highlighted what I bring to the table with my experience.

Interview Questions

• Some companies don't have a Sales Enablement team that is responsible for effectively implementing a platform like Salesforce to the end users. They think they can just turn it on, and people will use it. How would you help companies like that be successful in their implementation?   2 Answers