Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was not looking for a new role, as I was happy with where I was at with my current employer. However, I was contacted on the same day by a friend who works for Salesforce and a recruiter, which was a unique coincidence. So, I read through the job description, liked what I saw and replied to the recruiter. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I moved on to chat with the hiring manager the next week, and then another colleague in the same group the next day. Following this was a panel interview the week after and then one more discussion with another colleague from the same group. The total process took 2 weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you've had to deliver less than ideal news to a client. What was the issue, the approach you took, and the reaction from the client? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online with several current employee referrals. The issue here is with the recruiters. They take forever to get back to you. I interviewed with Hiring managers, VPs, current team members all with amazing feedback to have it come down to myself and another candidate and no feed back as to how I could improve. Keep applying for similar roles but you literally have to go through everything again as if the recruiters do not keep up with their own candidates. Write down everyone you talk to, keep track of everything because the recruiters WONT. Outside of the recruiting everything was positive. Get better recruiters or train them better.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2017.

Interview

Screening with recruiter, following by interviews with other success managers to size up skills and experience for role. Then moved on to group/panel interview that entailed interview questions along with a presentation

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would go about establishing a new relationship with a CMO in this role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was excellent. Great and knowledgeable interviewers. Extremely thorough yet fair and transparent. Great experience. The hiring process was a bit more stressful. A lot of approvals had to come through to get the head count approved. Initially was told it would be another 90 days but was then extended an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle not being the person able to make the decisions for the clients that I work with? And how would I define success in tha environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiiation.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2016.

Interview

It was kind of bizzard. I got the call from recruiter to hear that I should really be applying to other roles as I am not a fit for the role. I come from 8-9 years of experience on the platform and have worked as a consultant with business leadership teams and technical teams. I wasn't sure what she was trying to explain by directing me to different roles as I think I am a good fit for the CSM role. I have known CSM with similar skills who are working with salesforce on the same role. I would like to recommend salesforce to really do something about the recruitment department as I have had some worst experiences from getting an email for an interview to no show(from recruiter) to some recruiter explaining how I don't fit in the role etc.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Oct 5, 2016 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our recruiting team. Given your background I can understand your frustrations with the process. I will use this review to follow up with the team and ... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had 5 interviews in total. Started with HR then having a 1on1 call with someone in a similar role. The final interview was with a committee where I had to present a past project I led. Overall the interviews were not easy but were not super hard. Overall if you have experience then they wanted to hear your story. I think everyone was fare and open about the process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was fortunate that I came through an employee referral (who was one of the longest tenured members of the team) and the company was hiring aggressively at the time to fill open roles. From start to finish, the process lasted 10 days before I received an offer. I initially had a phone interview with who would eventually become my manager, followed by three 1:1 phone interviews with people on the team, followed by a group panel where I presented a program I recently had a critical role in to almost everyone on the team, followed by a lunch/coffee meeting with my eventual manager, and it ended with a phone conversation with my manager's boss. I received my offer 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? (Also, share what you understand the role of this position to be? How has your experiences prepared you for this role? What do you do to build a trusted relationship with a c-level exec?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate which I do regret but I ultimately still think the offer was appropriate.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks. Started with a short phone screen and then 3 phone interviews each 30 minute with various roles within Salesforce. Then had a face-to-face meeting with potential boss before ending with a face-to-face with the Regional Vice President. The recruiters were extremely organized and worked with my schedule and were great at not allowing the process to take too long. I was impressed with each contact point with Salesforce employees. I am rating the interview process difficult because it isn't easy to get into Salesforce as they are looking for candidates with the skills required but also a good fit into their culture which is extremely customer focused. Specific questions were not too difficult but did ask for some examples of some types of situations and how I handled them. Mostly, I believe the interviewers were assessing my for a cultural fit and a personality type that will succeed at Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach difficult conversations with a customer?
      How have you been able to establish key customer relationships?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Call with recruiter - high-level to make sure it's a good fit
    2. Call with hiring manager - skill type questions and a chance to see if you two feel it's both a good fit
    3. Group interview/call - I felt this was a great opportunity to find out more about the role. Is this a good fit for me?
    4. Panel/demo interview - my favorite part! You pick the topic so chose something you are comfortable with. Keep it easy, but valuable. Show you know what your talking about and why your topic is important.

Interview Questions

• How do you gain trust from a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiters job is to help both parties reach a place that works for everyone. I felt my needs were heard and they were very accommodating. I also didn't ask for anything completely outrageous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and pleasant to communicate with. However, we spoke 30 minutes and at no time did she reference my resume (ask me any questions about my skills and background). I asked all of the questions and she gladly answered them. I'm just not sure how a recruiter can learn who a candidate is if not interested in "getting to know them" by asking questions.