Salesforce Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

3.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Columbus, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the recruiting, then spoke with the hiring manager followed by a phone interview with someone in the field followed by a panel interview via web conference. The process was very efficient and the recruiting team did a great job of letting me know the status of the process.

Interview Questions

• What ways do you think you could use Salesforce in a health care setting?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial call with recruiter. Second call with senior recruiter. Third call with hiring manager. In person panel interview with hiring manager and two other individuals. Was a very enjoyable experience. The recruiters were very professional and responsive. The interviewers really made me feel comfortable and seemed very interested in learning about my experiences and how I could use them to contribute to the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

First call with HR recruiter to check my background & resume. 2nd call was with a person in the field who currently is in this role (ie. peer level interview).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle constant change - from new/changing colleagues to new acquisitions and new products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was not looking for a new role, as I was happy with where I was at with my current employer. However, I was contacted on the same day by a friend who works for Salesforce and a recruiter, which was a unique coincidence. So, I read through the job description, liked what I saw and replied to the recruiter. After a phone screen with the recruiter, I moved on to chat with the hiring manager the next week, and then another colleague in the same group the next day. Following this was a panel interview the week after and then one more discussion with another colleague from the same group. The total process took 2 weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you've had to deliver less than ideal news to a client. What was the issue, the approach you took, and the reaction from the client? How would you have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online with several current employee referrals. The issue here is with the recruiters. They take forever to get back to you. I interviewed with Hiring managers, VPs, current team members all with amazing feedback to have it come down to myself and another candidate and no feed back as to how I could improve. Keep applying for similar roles but you literally have to go through everything again as if the recruiters do not keep up with their own candidates. Write down everyone you talk to, keep track of everything because the recruiters WONT. Outside of the recruiting everything was positive. Get better recruiters or train them better.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an informal discussion introducing the role with a former colleague, then a current CSM. That was followed up by HR, hiring manager, and onsite presentation interview. I didn't get the initial role, but I had enough positive feedback I fortunately landed the role later.

Interview Questions

• How would I overcome my lack of industry experience to be effective?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2017.

Interview

Screening with recruiter, following by interviews with other success managers to size up skills and experience for role. Then moved on to group/panel interview that entailed interview questions along with a presentation

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would go about establishing a new relationship with a CMO in this role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

1) A phone interview with a recruiter followed by description of the position.
    2) A face to face interview with a Hiring Manager
    3) A face to face interview with a director

Interview Questions

• Your experience at current position (previous career).   1 Answer
    • What is your strength?   1 Answer
    • Why Salesforce?   1 Answer
    • What can you contribute to us and why?   1 Answer
    • How do you think you earn your trust from your customers?   1 Answer
    • How do you approach to your customer who isn't happy with your service ?   Answer Question
    • How do you spend your time off?   Answer Question
    • What can customer gain from using Salesforce? What is their ROI?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was excellent. Great and knowledgeable interviewers. Extremely thorough yet fair and transparent. Great experience. The hiring process was a bit more stressful. A lot of approvals had to come through to get the head count approved. Initially was told it would be another 90 days but was then extended an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle not being the person able to make the decisions for the clients that I work with? And how would I define success in tha environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiiation.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2016.

Interview

It was kind of bizzard. I got the call from recruiter to hear that I should really be applying to other roles as I am not a fit for the role. I come from 8-9 years of experience on the platform and have worked as a consultant with business leadership teams and technical teams. I wasn't sure what she was trying to explain by directing me to different roles as I think I am a good fit for the CSM role. I have known CSM with similar skills who are working with salesforce on the same role. I would like to recommend salesforce to really do something about the recruitment department as I have had some worst experiences from getting an email for an interview to no show(from recruiter) to some recruiter explaining how I don't fit in the role etc.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Oct 5, 2016 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our recruiting team. Given your background I can understand your frustrations with the process. I will use this review to follow up with the team and... More