Salesforce Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

3.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was a screening phone interview with HR, then two video interviews with senior staff, and then one-person interview that was a presentation I led. My main feedback is it would have been more helpful to have more opportunities for in-person time with staff to get a better sense of the culture. I felt like I did not have a lot of information to make a job decision based on, other than the company's great reputation overall and really liking the staff and two times I spoke to them. I would have liked to spend half-a-day- with the team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job online. I was interviewed first by the recruiter and then the hiring manager. The hiring manager spend an hour telling me about herself and the job, never allowing me to talk. When I did try to interject, I felt like I was interrupting her. Several weeks later they suggested I came to their San Fran HQ for additional interviews - I live in Florida. I was already planning on being in the area and gave them the dates and times I was available. At the last minute they changed their mind as they claimed only one person of the four to interview would be local. Six weeks pass and they finally set up video interviews with four other people. Another six weeks pass and I write the recruiter for an update. She tells me they are trying to finish up reviewing the applications and will get back to me shortly. At this point I have noticed the job has been re-posted several times. Four weeks later I get an email that they have selected someone else for the job. I noticed the other day that the job has been re-posted again.

Interview Questions

• Questions that relate to past experience - basically wanting additional detail beyond my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Whole process took 2-3 week:
    - After internal reference, recruiter had a screening session.
    - Video conference rounds with hiring manager and team members.
    - Face to face rounds in office.
    - Another video conference rounds.
    Over all process was very well managed by recruiter at each step.

Interview Questions

• General questions related to my background and the job profile. Salesforce is very strong about its company culture so check your alignment with its values and culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview process I have been involved in. Interview involved three rounds: Phone screen with recruiter, On-site with hiring manager and another team member, Phone interview with another team member.

Everyone was very friendly and genuine. We talked about a number of my prior experiences as they related to the role I was interviewing for. The interviewers kept asking me more details on the projects and experiences, but the Ohana culture was very apparent in their questions and process: respectful, friendly and open.

The recruiter kept me continuously informed on what to expect next. Very prompt and friendly. This is by far the best interview process I have ever been part of. Kudos to Salesforce recruiting team!

Some room for negotiation but the offer was good so accepted.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Jul 31, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing all of these great details with the Glassdoor community! I'm happy to read that our recruiting team's efficiency, attention, and focus helped drive your decision. Congrats on... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably due to being an employee referral, I didn't go through an initial phone screen, but was scheduled for an onsite visit to talk with 5 people in the area I was applying. While I wasn't selected as the ideal candidate for that role, after a week I was invited back to go through another round of interviews for a different position that I also felt was a much better fit. In the end I got the offer and I'm very happy!

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about Agile practices and experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Enjoyed everyone I met. Sharp interviewers, casual and confident, made it feel like a series of conversations but could feel the spirit of the questions. Every interviewer left plenty of time for me to ask questions. While I know that helped them see that I was well-prepared and had an understanding of the job, it was also very polite. We both walked away knowing what we needed to know to determine if there is a fit.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2017.

Interview

Met with 11 people - outstanding process. Hi-tech is always hard to get into, even with a ton of experience, but this process was fantastic from start to finish. People were super smart, engaging, and passionate about the work they do.

Interview Questions

• Besides general "onboarding", what does your 30, 60, 90 day plan look like to make an impact   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen; three in person interviews with team members, including hiring manager; follow-up in-person interview with another person related to the role; two phone interviews; and then a final final interview with hiring manager and another person, during which I presented a 30-60-90 plan and they offered me the job in person.

I had a very positive recruiting and interview experience. The recruiter was extremely professional, quick to respond, and kept in close touch during the 2-month process. Interview questions were highly relevant and gave me a chance to highlight my expertise and talk through my approach to the job. Interviewers were friendly and didn't ask questions just to ask them or to attempt to stump me. I appreciated all the touch points with different people because it proved that they were doing their diligence on me and allowed me to do mine, and that made me feel really confident that the role was a great fit on both sides.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Apr 27, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Glassdoor community! I'm happy to read that you appreciated the process, and that our recruiting team was effective and responsive throughout. Congrats on... More

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process was well organized with good communication between each step. There was a phone call with the recruiter, followed by two phone calls with the hiring manager, and two rounds of in-person interviews including future direct reports. As a final step, I also interviewed with the SVP over a call. I was also interviewing at Google and Apple at the same time and had a much better experience with Salesforce - communication was clearer, quicker, and the process moved at a much steadier pace. The interview process also took into account culture fit to ensure good chemistry with the team, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my entrepreneurial/startup background and how that would fit with the team and overall Salesforce culture   Answer Question

Feb 14, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your success story! Welcome to the #SalesforceOhana! - Ana Recio, SVP of Global Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

One of the best experiences so far and i enjoyed the entire process. Appropriate for the position and experience. Responsive recruiter. Transparency and good engagement throughout the process. Big emphasis on culture and mindset. The process went by fast. Clear expectations and next steps.