Salesforce Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Director Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably due to being an employee referral, I didn't go through an initial phone screen, but was scheduled for an onsite visit to talk with 5 people in the area I was applying. While I wasn't selected as the ideal candidate for that role, after a week I was invited back to go through another round of interviews for a different position that I also felt was a much better fit. In the end I got the offer and I'm very happy!

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about Agile practices and experiences   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process was well organized with good communication between each step. There was a phone call with the recruiter, followed by two phone calls with the hiring manager, and two rounds of in-person interviews including future direct reports. As a final step, I also interviewed with the SVP over a call. I was also interviewing at Google and Apple at the same time and had a much better experience with Salesforce - communication was clearer, quicker, and the process moved at a much steadier pace. The interview process also took into account culture fit to ensure good chemistry with the team, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my entrepreneurial/startup background and how that would fit with the team and overall Salesforce culture   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Feb 14, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your success story! Welcome to the #SalesforceOhana! - Ana Recio, SVP of Global Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

One of the best experiences so far and i enjoyed the entire process. Appropriate for the position and experience. Responsive recruiter. Transparency and good engagement throughout the process. Big emphasis on culture and mindset. The process went by fast. Clear expectations and next steps.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty much what I expected based on other Glassdoor summaries and what the recruiter shared with me during the process: An initial phone call with the recruiter, 2 peer phone interviews, an in-person presentation with several people (including the hiring manager) and a final phone interview with an additional VP.

I like the fact that they had such an in-depth process for an applicant because it gives both Salesforce and the applicant plenty of opportunities to see if it's a good fit. I got the impression that not everyone feels as favorable about the process, but it gives an applicant every chance to show how good they are (or aren't). It also gives the Salesforce team several experiences with the people interviewing, which helps solidify if it's a good fit or not.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were referencing the case-study I presented. A few questions on my background, behavioral questions, and why I want to work at Salesforce.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a great package, but I did negotiate (because I think you always should). While there wasn't a lot of room for change, they did slightly alter it on the second offer - which I accepted. The entire process was professional and well-done.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Herndon, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was enjoyable and thorough. I had an opportunity to speak with key stakeholders, managers, peers and future direct reports. I started with several telephone and video chat interviews and eventually moved to an on-site interview that included a mock meeting where I was asked to role play a scenario relevant to my position. After this, I had an opportunity to meet with several of the team's executive leadership. The process was somewhat long, but it was consistently pleasant. In the end, I accepted the position and could not be happier! I have never looked back!

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions focused on whether I understood and would integrate well into the Salesforce culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone call with a recruiter at Salesforce. Had multiple phone calls for screening. They flew me to San Francisco. I Met with the team at once, had 5 interviews including a lunch interview. I heard back three days after the interviews. They were still in the selection process. Once I was told that they wanted to make me an offer, they asked about my current salary and started discussing the next steps. The process was fairly long and extensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Disjointed. unclear whether recruiter or hiring manager was following up.

Interview Questions

bait n switch, and then low ball

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time, but overall I thought it was fair and well run.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, the interviews were straight forward and mostly about the role and my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were quick once the offer was given, they were accommodating and fair.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

6 interviews over 2 months with team and with 2 C-suite execs

Interview Questions

• why I had (some now forgotten) change in plan during my undergraduate years (which had happened 10+ years beforehand)   Answer Question

Negotiation

2-3 rounds of back and forth with both sides meeting in the middle

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Pros:
    Extremely professional
    Multiple rounds
    Very friendly approach from start to finish and gives a feeling to join such a company
    References certainly helped
    Did not have any preconceived notion while Interviewing
    Gives a fare chance to explain your position

Cons:
    No salary negotiation

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing, What is the most memorable situation you had in your job, Why should we take you, what is your approach to the new job   Answer Question