Salesforce Enterprise Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Enterprise Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.3

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized, efficient, and rigorous. SF only hires the top salespeople and therefore they do a great job vetting candidates to ensure people are buttoned up in every aspect. I had an initial phone screen, a second interview with an RVP, a third-panel interview, and finally a stand & deliver style presentation to bring it all together. They were 100% attentive the entire way and made me feel valued throughout the entire process. The questions were tough, well balanced, and had a good mix of behavioral, objection handling, and real-life examples that could be applicable to the individual's role.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a sales call, and what are the most important elements & parties that need to be involved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Smooth, efficient interview process. All details...from travel to the interviewer appointments...were coordinated extremely well. Communication from the recruiter was detailed and frequent, so I always know where I stood in the process.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in December 2017.

Interview

I did two rounds of phone interviews with recruiters, phone interview with hiring manager, and then went onsite to present in a panel interview, to the hiring manager and the department head. One thing I really enjoyed about the interview process is that Salesforce really works to get to know you as a person, outside of your professional accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a large account you closed, from prospecting to contract signature.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2017.

Interview

The process began with a screening call with HR. After the screening call I had a Google Meet interview with the hiring manager & one of his reps. Following that I met with another RVP that works on the same team as the hiring manager. I then had a call with the AVP for about 30 minutes. The final step in the process was a 1 hour presentation to two RVP's & a sales rep. Overall the process was pretty seamless.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

I was given a 3-part powerpoint template and asked to use it to give a presentation around my bio, the value proposition of the products I'd be responsible for selling and my thoughts on how to navigate an enterprise account. I used it as more of a jumping off point for an open dialogue.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on doing Proofs of Concept (POCs)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process started with a video conference with 2 RVP's. They dig into your professional background, and ask questions around your previous experience selling to C level executives. They ask questions around culture fit and what you're looking to accomplish in your career.

Next step was an in person stand and deliver - sales presentation. You're tasked with preparing a deck and presenting the Salesforce Sales Cloud platform to two RVP's and an AVP. This was a challenging assignment and one you must prepare for well in advance. You have 30 minutes to do discovery with the buyers, present a business case, and create a joint execution agreement. Be prepared to handle objections, think on your feet, and be creative. They want to see how you respond under pressure and learn about your selling style / methodology.

My recruiter Esther did a fantastic job helping me prep for the presentation by going through a dry run of the deck I prepared and answering questions around expectations of the assignment.

I had one final call with the RVP (hiring manager) and was offered the role shortly after

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce?
      Why should we choose Salesforce over competitor xyz (in role play)
      Can we get a free trial (in role play)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Lengthy thorough process. They really want to understand your professional experience to see if you mesh with the culture. Multi interview process- first with the recruiter, then hiring manager, panel interview, and finally a panel presentation. I heard back fast after the presentation. The recruiting team was super helpful and gave excellent feedback into what the hiring manager was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a deal that you closed from soup to nuts   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Charlotte, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

I met with multiple people and had a great experience throughout the process with professionalism from start to finish with the entire team. They made me feel comfortable but challenged me as well. Very positive experience for me.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

Smooth and quick process. Many one on one phone calls for screening. Calls were with many levels within the organization. In person interview was fast and efficient. Day 1 on-boarding was the best I have been part of in career

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Antonio, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview experience with Salesforce was fantastic! The interview process was rigorous but it moved quickly with continual engagement from the SF team. The first screening was with a Salesforce recruiter followed by a 45-60 minute screening with a talent advisor. The first in person interview was with a Senior Client Executive (2 hours). This was followed by 1:1 interviews (virtual) with a Regional Vice President (75min) and 2 Area Vice Presidents (60min each). I was required to present an executive level business case (with slide deck) for one of the AVP interviews . The final interview lasted 2 hours and was in person with a Regional VP, Client Executive, Solution Engineer and an Engineering Director. I was asked to deliver a 45 min business case presentation during the final interview. The interviews focused on presenting, dealing with objections, sales acumen, business case development and ability to think on your feet. References were requested from past employers and previous customers. The SF team maintained daily contact until an offer was made. Overall this was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join the Salesforce team?
      General Questions that focused on the following:
      -Past successes
      -Past failures (and what you learned)
      -Sales methodology (including examples)
      -Business case development (to include a presentation)
      -Goals (personal and professional)   Answer Question