Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2017

694 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I'm a contractor who works for Salesforce and wanted to apply as a full-time tech writer. I sent my resume, HR and the manager for the team thought I had a strong background. The next steps involve filling out a questionnaire and submitting writng samples.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, just a Word doc with questions.

One question: Describe your process for getting started with an API documentation project.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very haphazard. The recruiter did not know how to communicate and would occasionally flood my inbox with random interview timings without consulting me whether I am free at those times or not. The team which was interviewing me had no idea if they had a free spot on the team or not. And once I passed the tough technical test they gave me, they passed my resume around to other teams which started again another round of random interview setups without consultation.
    Come to onsite:
    Fist of all once I cleared all the tests and they made a decision for me to come onsite they asked me to be there in a week (looks like they are in a hurry to fill in the spot). Wonder why I did not hear from them for 3 weeks after the onsite interview if they were in such a hurry.
    They gave me 1 days accommodation in a downmarket hotel and when asked for an extra day to stay they refused.
    The onsite interview there were 5 including the lunch round. The interviewers asked me stupid CS questions and definitions as if that is going to test my technical skills. The interviewers where rude yawning and messaging on their phone. And one guy even got out of the interview to talk to his wife coz they were planning to go somewhere after he left and were deciding on where to go to.
    Are you kidding me? I travel 5 hours in a flight to come there and you can't even give me 45 mins. Thats is so sad and gets to know their OHANA culture. LOL.
    Don't waste people's time.

Interview Questions

• Regular sorting and different types and basic CS definitions and differences.   Answer Question

Events Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. They called me 20 minutes after the scheduled time. That should've been the first red flag, but I got invited to go onsite for an in-person interview. I guess the coordinator never arranged my interview, because when I arrived the team were running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to find a conference room. I met with 2 supporting staff ( was more of an information interview on the role) and met with the hiring manager. He asked me a few questions and my thoughts on a process. I thought it went well, trying to stay positive... but I was notified that they were looking for someone with more experience. lol.

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't get the offer b/c it was a HOTT MESS!! Just to see how stress everyone was was a big sign to run away!

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Spoke with John O'Brien from Salesforce . He was extremely knowledgeable about Salesforce, the Enterprise Sales Role, and current/future opportunities. While there wasn't a fit for me at this time John took the time to refer me to other sales groups that were a better fit for me at Salesforce. He really impressed me with his professionalism

EBC Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via an employee referral. A couple weeks later a recruiter contacted me said the position was filled internally, but had a similar role open up. A few days later a phone meeting was scheduled with her and then a week after an in person meeting was scheduled with 3 members of the team, but not including the hiring manager. On the day of the interview, the line up changed and I met with 3 individuals. The interview itself went well. The synergy and enthusiasm from the team was great and I felt we had a great rapport. One of the individuals mentioned the hiring manager had to go home for a family situation and I'd probably get the chance to meet her for round 2. After the interview I sent a thank you note to the recruiter. A couple days later, the recruiter called me and said they advanced an internal employee. I understand there will always be internal folks competing, but I felt that the decision had already been made before I even met with the team and felt it odd I wasn't even meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Met w hiring mgr for an informal meeting which was very successful. They asked me back for a portfolio presentation and 1:1 interviews w about 5 people. They all went very well. Then I emailed the recruiter to ask for a timeline for making a decision and did not get replies at all. Finally caught him on the phone 4 days later and he gave me the timeline. Never heard back after that. So I'd say the recruiters are spotty and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there were any difficult or unexpected questions. If you're experienced, you should be able to field the questions.   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Sep 19, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing this experience with Glassdoor. I've shared your review with the appropriate recruiting team to make sure we flag this issue and continue to improve. It's disappointing that you... More

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Interview

A week after a phone interview with one of the data scientists, they booked me a ticket and I flew to SF and had an onsite interview there. People were very courteous, but I was kind of surprised that most of the questions revolved around my job experience and product-related (a/b testing type) questions. I was expecting more stat, machine learning questions, which are my strength. After the interview, I knew it was gonna be 50/50, and I was contacted by the recruiter that the role is filled, but they will keep me in mind when a new opening comes up (which is probably their way of rejecting).
    Even if I didn't get an offer, it was one of the best interview experiences I've ever had. While the interviewers themselves conducted themselves very professionally, I was even more impressed by how prompt and courteous the recruiters were. They responded super-fast to the inquiries. I've had some firms (especially Intuit) in which the recruiters think it's totally ok to ignore the candidates, but Salesforce recruiters were super-professional.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't actually asked a lot of stat/machine learning type of questions. It was much more about what I did at previous companies and product-related questions.   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Sep 19, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the community on Glassdoor. I'm glad to see that you still had a positive experience even though it didn't result in an offer. Best of luck with your search... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Thorough and swift process. Recruiters are great to work with. Not a ton of engagement from the Interviewers, very standard questions which surprised me. Some of the initial screening which suggested more product based questions, never came up.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your approach to the science of sales?   1 Answer

Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Lengthy process, poor follow-up, many starts & stops. The recruiting team would go silent for long periods. Friends inside the company can see the status of the application. Some would close without any word from Salesforce. The last one contacted me with "good news" after refusing to respond for weeks on status; however, I had already accepted a position elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Enterprise Architecture experience   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. They host several rounds of interviews, and the overall process took longer than a month.

First, they do a traditional phone screen, followed by a technical screen with one of the team leads.

Next, they have you complete a technical test in which you'll have to build a basic Salesforce application. Here, they're checking your ability to code and architect a solution. I was told that I did well.

After passing the test, they schedule you for a gauntlet-style interview session where you'll speak to multiple developers, leads, and mid-level managers. Everyone seemed nice and knowledgeable, and they all appeared to be impressed with my technical skills - which is why I am very confused (read on...).

I believe I made it to the final interview stage with upper management - and here's where things became weird. I was not even asked any super-technical questions. Many of the questions were simple and direct in nature. This final call was originally intended to be 30 minutes long - but only lasted about 10 minutes - not including the fact that the manager was extremely late.

I was finally told (after over a month of interviewing) that my technical skills were not good enough. The funny thing is I interviewed for a role in which I was slightly overqualified - and I was told over and over again by many of their employees that I seem to have a very solid understanding of software development and design. So basically, I was being told a load of garbage by HR.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a project that you took pride in developing. Tell us about some of the obstacles you faced. (I was asked this question about 6 or 7 times from different people).

Q: Describe the process that you follow when developing a solution.   Answer Question