Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

2,772 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Everyone in my interview loop appeared to be knowledgeable nice, friendly and love their job. Expect to be ready for several video conference interview as the interviewers were located in a variety of locations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had 2 phone screens followed by a 5.5 hour onsite interview and I met with 7 people. There were no scheduled breaks during this time. I was asked if I needed a bathroom break/water at the end of each 45 min interview but I do wish I had pushed back and requested a formal break when scheduling. Its tiring, and typically a loop this long includes lunch/coffee... just some time where you don't have to "be on'.
    I would have considered the overall experience positive except when I was told there would not be a job offer the feedback was that I was 'not right' for the role. There was no issue with experience and qualifications - the whole thing was puzzling. I guess 'not right' means someone didn't like me?? I was encouraged to apply for other roles and that the hiring manager would be happy to give me a reference for other PM roles. When I asked how I should make the application I was told to use the website. The whole interview felt like a waste of my time.
    Overall people were pleasant during the interview except for the last one with the VP - he didn't introduce himself or let me know his role. Of course I had done my research but courtesy matters. He was very unfriendly, didn't smile once during our 30 min conversation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard - focus on problems I had resolved in the past, and my reasoning for choosing the solutions I did.   Answer Question

Lead Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There is an initial screening that takes place with the manager and potential peers. If that is passed, then a 'panel' is the final step. This is where a candidate needs to present a sales deck and a product demo in 30 minutes. This is done at the Salesforce office with several people in the room. The candidate must demonstrate executive presence, time management, technical knowledge and understanding of solution sales.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your sales reps would say that you need to improve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was recruited thru LinkedIn, the process would have taken probably 4 weeks but took 2+ months as I asked to hold off due to a move. They were very flexible with my request and reached back out when I was ready and took another 3 weeks from there. Recruiter was very helpful in prepping me for the final presentation. Excellent experience from start to finish.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in their Burlington, MA office. It was one of the best interviewing experiences I've ever had. The recruiting team was flexible and worked with my schedule, kept me in the loop on next steps, and followed up within a few days of each step. They even made progress during the holidays and while people were on FTO.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds - an initial phone screen, 3 phone interviews with members of the hiring team, and 3 additional on-site interviews with adjacent team members. Interviewers mostly asked behavioral questions to see if there was a fit with the role & product. I was asked questions that are standard for any PM interview - give examples of prioritization, working with team members, backlog grooming, setting vision/roadmap, and product delivery. I was also transitioning from a B2C to B2B and was asked a few questions related to the transition.

Overall, it was a great interviewing experience, which I hope is symbolic of the work culture there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you prioritize features in your backlog.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've had to influence your engineering team to agree with your decision.   Answer Question

Senior Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me regarding a job posting I was somewhat qualified for - I was very specific about what I knew and didn't know in regard to the job posting with the recruiter, who told me not to worry, they rarely found anyone that matched every single requirement.

I had a call with the hiring manger who asked me some very basic questions in which I answered all but one (and really that was just because I was given about 5 seconds to answer). I had the distinct impression the hiring manager had already decided against me even before any questions or comments were made on the call.

A few weeks later, I got feedback that they weren't moving forward with my candidacy based on my lack of knowledge of Java and Python, which is strange because I do have that knowledge - but neither the recruiter nor the hiring manager asked *any* questions in regard to those topics.

Interview Questions

• What does Linux do when its runs out of physical memory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Be prepared for a long process, as this can take anywhere from 3-6 weeks on average.

This started with a quick call from a lower level recruiter that learns about your background and sees if you are a good fit to set up a call with the main recruiter. If you get through this, you will have an intro call with the main recruiter, who will stick with you for the entire process. This call drives deeper into your background as well as gives you a better overview of what the interview process looks like.

The next step is a call with on the top sales reps. This is a pretty casual call, where you go over your background and have a lot of opportunities to dig into them with questions about the role and Salesforce as a whole.

If you get through that round, you will then be asked to come in for your first in-person panel interview. This will consist of 2-4 people in the room with you for about a 1h-2h. This is where you go over everything you have done, pretty much since high school. Though it a lot to cover, they do a very good job of managing time as well as digging in to really get to know you and your style.

If you get through this, your final in-person will be a 45 min presentation to another panel. The recruiter will help you prepare for this. This is where you really get to show your ability to sell yourself, a product, as well as what makes you, you.

All and all, this process was fantastic. Each step was truly personalized and allowed you to learn a lot about each person you speak too and why they enjoy working at Salesforce. To be successful just make sure you prepare a ton. Know your background and numbers like the back of your hand. Have some examples of past deals that are relevant. Lastly, be yourself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two phone interviews. First interview was with a software engineer on the team I was selected for, second was with my eventual manager and another Salesforce employee. Both were more behavioral than technical (which I was told was due to the unique nature of the specific team/project I was selected for)

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about past work experience and projects   Answer Question
    • Talk about how you gather requirements for projects   Answer Question
    • Talk about current tech trends, current software dev tech, etc.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Wasn't easy but also had support throughoutnby their talent coordinator. After being passed on the original position applied for, rather than dismissing me they considered me for another position, requiring yet another interview via google meet and finally the presentation.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The first stage was a phone interview for 30 min, reviewing my background, why do I want to work at SF, as well as making sure I know and relate to the company's core values and am knowledgeable of what makes SF different.
    The second step was a peer-review meeting with the team members, mostly questions about myself, my professional background as well as getting to know the other team members. The last stage was a sales demo simulation, definitely the hardest part which required a lot of effort and prep time. Overall it was a great experience, they were very transparent, provided a lot of information about the process and were very communicative throughout the process.