Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,944 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,944 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online. Recruiter reached out to me... scheduled time to talk... but never confirmed.... then few weeks later... the position was filled. Probably normal for a big company like this.. but would be nice to cancel early.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Applied through a employee referral. This process took about a month from application submission to offer.
    Process was 2 calls and an onsite interview. 1st call was with a recruiter located at the headquarters and is more to go over your resume and see why you are interested in the company. 2nd call was with a BDR recruiter located in the onsite office. This was another time to get a feel for your background and see if you would be a good fit for the company and that particular office. That went well so we scheduled an in person interview with 2 BDM's and 2 BDRs currently in the position. Meg was my recruiter and made sure I was prepared for the interview by providing me with tons of helpful content to study. Went into the onsite portion feeling very confident because of her help. The onsite dove more into past sales scenario and how they would translate and what you could add to the team.

The time spent studying the products and preparing is what makes this lean toward difficult rather than average but if you put in the time you see the results so it is worth it.

Triage Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

My Recruiter was an amazing resource throughout the whole process. Initially had an phone screening, followed by a phone interview and 2 video chats. It was a lot about getting to know you and seeing how you would fit and if you would appreciate the company culture. Be well researched, personable, and confident

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rather lengthy. I had three rounds. One with the hiring manager, one with two people on the team, and one with the hiring manager and her boss. I applied in March and was contacted three weeks later informing me they were going with someone else. The recruiter lagged at times and the process could of been more transparent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were unhappy and what did you do to change that?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

My process was definitely weird but maybe it will help someone in the future. I originally reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn after researching the company. I did not get a response to my email I sent but I assume the person I reached out to forwarded my email to the right person as I was contacted the next day. We scheduled a phone interview a few days later. On the day of my scheduled interview I waited for a phone call but it never came. I reached out to my recruiter to ask for a reschedule but unfortunately did not hear back. After waiting 4 days I reached out to someone on LinkedIn explaining what had happened.. and she stated that she would find out and reconnect us. From there my original recruiter that missed the interview reached out and rescheduled the interview... no explanation of why she missed. Passed that interview and she immediately connected me to the next recruiter for the 2nd phone interview. Unfortunately, she had no time until 2 weeks out. We finally did that interview and then it was time to do the in person interview... there was no availability until 3 weeks out. So I was now in the interview process for 6 weeks at this point. I go to the in person interview and waited for a week to hear back. The recruiter go back with me to inform me that I passed the interview but had to wait on a position. We had no clue when that position would come available. Exactly 9 days later, she called me to tell me a position became available and I was offered the job. Do altogether it took me 10 weeks from first missed interview until offer. Definitely worth it in the end but by far stressful to go through when needing another job.

Interview Questions

• Why salesforce. Explain salesforce to someone with little technical understanding. Why are you leaving your current position. What motivates you.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA).

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was awesome! Even with challenging scheduling conflicts and a long process, she made sure I was well informed and planned the interview process meticulously. The interview itself was very professional. You can see why Salesforce is one of the best places to work for right from its interview process.

Interview Questions

• My past experience and how I managed some challenging scenarios in Engineering Management world.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process itself was great and seamless. Coming from out of state, they coordinated a flight and travel accommodations for me to fly in after requesting information. Then, they also sent me my interview itinerary inclusive of those who would interview me. When I arrived, we had lunch and the interview began. After my last interview, I was walked out and then flew home.

Interview Questions

• Why leave such an amazing company?   1 Answer

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Overall, the experience went great. You have to put in the work and prep but once you do you will walk in feeling prepared. I worked with Meg as my recruiter and she was very attentive to my emails/questions throughout the process. There is lots of information to prepare for, but I feel that is a positive as they want to hire the best and most prepared candidates!
    There was an initial call with a recruiter for HQ, then another call with the recruiter at the local office, followed by an on-site interview where you meet two managers and two current BDRs.
    Overall, the interview experience was quite positive. Come prepared and show what sets you apart!

Interview Questions

• Explain Salesforce to a grandparent
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick & timely feedback; recruiter was extremely easy to communicate with; I had one phone screen with recruiter, two video interviews, one hiring manager phone call and an in-person case presentation to a group of 7 or 8 individuals.

Interview Questions

• A lot of great "tell me about at time when..." questions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The recruiting team was extremely helpful to understand the role, team and company culture. Super responsive to questions and they were organized throughout the whole process. After recruiting I went on to meet members of the existing team I'd be joining and eventually the leaders of the organization. Towards the end of the process we negotiated compensation package which was shaped based on experience and local market cost-of-living. The final negotiation was done with the hiring manager as an intermediary with their employee success (hr) group.