Salesforce Senior Director, Product Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Senior Director, Product Management Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

4.0

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Started off with two phone calls with PM and Eng managers. Moved on to a full loop in SFO. The loop was in person and remote mixed interview style. The interviewers were a diverse set of engineers and PMs. The interview style was more conversational versus knowledge test. Whiteboard was used to discuss architectural designs. The team I met with gave me an awesome view into who I’d be working with as well as rote and in-person interactions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager. First round of 1:1 interviews with Product Managers, Engineering and QE Managers. 2nd round kicked of with a presentation and then more 1:1 interviews with senior staff. Final interview with executive staff member.
    Received offer, but did not accept it initially. After further discussions received second offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How have you worked with engineering and QE teams in the past?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite feature on Facebook. Why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough negotiations, but was able to negotiate a bit. Once they decide they want you all strings are pulled.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

After a senior leader referred me, the hiring manager quickly reached out, and had a phone conversation. As he saw the fit, quickly moved to have the HR person bring me for on-site interview with the broader team. A final decision was made within the few days of the on-site and an offer extended. Overall, things moved quickly after that initial referral. A great and smooth experience, while the interview was certainly challenging, yet pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Interview was all by senior leaders during a full day, individually scheduled for an hour. A range of questions across my leadership style, product management approach, product design, platforms and their business and technology architectures, customer engagement, stakeholder communication, some situational questions, and so on. While rigor was applied by all interviewers to test my skills, expertise, knowledge, and personality, I always felt all the questions were genuine and were not meant to show me in bad light or show off themselves (I have experienced such situations at other companies). That speaks volume of the tremendously positive culture at Salesforce, a great first hand experience of what I heard in the past from friends.   1 Answer