Salesforce Accounts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Accounts Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet pretty straightforward: initial phone screen > phone interview with the sales recruiter > in person interviews with hiring managers > pitch, along with a final call with an SVP (depending on the team). Everyone was very welcoming, challenging, made me feel comfortable, provided great feedback + pitch prep materials to succeed and clearly outlined expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Being new to the industry, the hiring managers certainly dug into how I would bring value to the team/company with no industry experience. Acknowledging this challenge up front to show self awareness is key, then articulate how my own success/sales experience can directly help the team's growth.   2 Answers

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, we scheduled an initial screening call. After that another call with a recruiter followed by a call with a local sales manager. First in-person interview was onsite discussing past experience and the final round was creating a presentation to give to hiring manager + senior leader. A bit of a long and winding process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to hit the ground running in your first 30 days?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very smooth process. Recruiters were extremely transparent with me throughout. Debriefs were informative. The best recruiters I have worked with.

Interview consisted of a phone screen with a recruiter. One phone screen with a hiring manager. A 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finally, a panel presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brilliant!! It was very different from the conventional, it was complete test of one's abilities and proving them with confidence. Enjoyed it a lot, not only did they support the candidate with the interview process, they also got me prepared for the job. Haven't experienced this level of wonderful recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Know what you have done and exuberate with confidence!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. In fact, when it was all said and done, I had 3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews, and a final google hangout interview. Although the process was extensive, my recruiter helped me feel prepared for every step of the way. It was the most challenging interview process I've been through but this is arguably the most competitive company to work for in the world. Each individual I interviewed with was very professional, challenging, and extremely intelligent. Ultimately, I did not get the job but they expressed that I was a fit for Salesforce and urged me to apply for a different position. Absolutely fell in love with this company throughout the interview stages and was in constant admiration at how helpful and brilliant the employees were. I applied for the other position, was offered, and accepted. Can't wait to join the OHANA.

Interview Questions

• Whats a previous deal you've closed and why are you proud of it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Do not get underestimate the phone screen. I've never had an issue advancing past the phone screen stage of any previous job interview and was well prepared. However, the recruiter seemed to check out after I gave what I thought was a well thought out answer to the standard "tell me about yourself" question. My recruiter cancelled my first phone screen 15 minutes before the scheduled start time than didn't seem to engaged when we did finally connect.
    I had always thought phone screens were a bit of a formality to make sure the candidate was at least somewhat intelligent before bringing them in for the in-person interview but that's not the case here. I spoke to a former colleague that's in management there and he told me that all 5 people that he referred didn't get past the phone screen.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through Salesforce 02/25/17, got a screening phone call from a recruiter on 03/15/2017, and an email on 03/21/2017 saying he would have "feedback" as far as next steps on 03/22/2017 "at the very latest. Called and emailed and no response. This is very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How much revenue do you generate with each deal? How much is 100% attainment? What attainment did you achieve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial linkedin message, phone screening, in person interview, presentation "stand and deliver".

All were focused on finding out more about me as a person and professional, intentionally had little guidance to see how I would approach when not influenced.

Interview Questions

• The standard screening questions you should always be prepared for plus:
      Are we on the phone today because you are looking or because we are salesforce?
      What would you bring to the table day 1?
      Answer Question

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a 6-round interview process. Step 1 - speak with recruiter. Ashley, who is wonderful, then sent very detailed information as to what I should prepare for in my second round with the hiring manager. This was enormously helpful so I could adequately prepare. Step 2 - speak with hiring manager. This was a very conversational interview which is important given the role I was interviewing for. Conversation flowed very nicely and it was much more revealing about the role than the standard, question/answer type of interview. Step 3 - speak with 3 other members on the non-profit team. These conversations were more informal and really gave me a good sense of the kinds of people that work here (awesome!). Step 4 - 30-minute presentation interview. I was given a case study one week prior to this interview to prepare as well as a 40-slide power point deck from which I was to pull my own slides and make my own presentation. Keep it to a 10-12 slide max! The case study clearly outlined the process and went exactly according to plan. All in all, SalesForce is a well oiled machine and the process was effective, informative and enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle objections in a meeting with several stakeholders?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in March 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of meeting with two Sr. Recruiters to understand what I was looking for in my next role. The recruiting team is absolutely fantastic! From there, the appropriate recruiter worked with me to make an introduction to the hiring VP. I met with the hiring VP for an hour over the phone. As a follow-up, I interviewed with the hiring VP, AVP, Director of Solution Engineering for the group as well as a peer. Roughly a 4-hour process in person that consisted of 1 on 1 sessions as well as panel.

Interview Questions

• Professional background. Walk through a specific deal I won and why. Also, walk them through a deal I lost and why. I came prepared with a 90 day business plan (not requested) to demonstrate my approach and how I would ramp within the first 90 days.   1 Answer