Salesforce Enterprise Business Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Enterprise Business Representative Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was long and multi step - took over 2 months before final interview / offer, which included a phone screen, two hour in person interview with 6 people total, and then a follow up final interview / level setting conversation, all before the offer. After my in person interview, they told me they wanted to extend an offer but were unable to do so until they got headcount / a firm start date. From start to finish, it was a 2 month long process from initial phone screen to final offer date.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? What was your best win? What was your best loss? What would your boss say about you if we call and asked them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - I was not given the chance to increase my offer total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Reached out to recruiter, no referral. 3 phone calls and invite to on-site. I flew across the country and paid for my own travel and accommodations. 4 person interview including 2 hiring managers in panel. Was professionally informed within 2 days of follow-up they selected another candidate who was better able to articulate their metrics and KPI's. I work for a small start-up with a newer sales team and my numbers and stack ranking are not as developed as a mid-size and large sales organization. I will need to get experience at a major sales organization and have verified KPI's to avoid this fate in the future.

I am pleased with my efforts considering I cold called them and got to the decision makers, the very nature of the job I was applying for. Disappointed I did not get hired due to things largely out of my control.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed professionally?   1 Answer

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two phone interviews around past experience and a little bit of coaching, ,4 person panel, pretty basic stuff-two manager and two EBRs, a lot of random questions but overall very standard procedure.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you a brick what would you do with it!   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two interviews. One is with the recruiter and the follow-up is with two EBR managers. The recruiting questions are much more general about salesforce and why the role is of interest. The second is much more detailed with questions about the role itself and going through all of your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard -- what relevant experience do you have and go through your resume explaining why this is relevant to the role   Answer Question

Enterprise Business Representative Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I received a referral to apply to the internship. Submitted my resume and received a quick reply for a phone interview. Interview was very simple. Basically had to explain past work experience and why I was interested in Salesforce.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone screen from the recruiter, then a call with one of the Sales Development Managers which took two weeks to schedule because of some mix up on the manager's part. The next part was 1:1 interviews with 4 individuals (consisting of 2 Enterprise Business Managers and 2 Enterprise Business Representatives). The interview with the Enterprise Business Representatives were very casual which is not always good because it makes you casual too. The Enterprise Business Managers asked questions like: "How would you sell Salesforce to a VP of Sales"? "How would you sell our support product to a VP of Customer Support" "How would you start building accounts?" "Which tools would you use to find information?" Although they didn't ask me about my knowledge of their other products, it will earn you bonus points if you name drop them into examples. The environment was typical corporate. Cubicles. Nothing special and it did not seem that fun. Everyone that I met seemed to be drinking the kool-aid.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Very straight forward hiring process for anyone looking to join the business development/lead gen division of Salesforce.com. I was referred into Salesforce.com from a current employee. The HR team got back to me within 2 days. First was a phone screening with HR. Second was a 2 hour interview that consisted of 4 employees for 30 mins each. Two were current team members and two were managers. They asked very basic questions about previous experience, outside hobbies, background with sales and technology. There was also some role plays. I found it to be one of the easier interviews I had been partaking in at the time. Several days later I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your pitch at your previous company?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a hard time working with disgruntled co-workers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating with these roles. Everyone has the same base and comp plan.

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Interview

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: what do you see yourself at salesforce?   Answer Question

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

3 step interview process

1) Initial call with recruiter - 30 mins
    - behavioral questions to check for sales aptitude

2) Call with recruiter from HQ (San Francisco) - 30 mins
    - behavioral questions to check for sales aptitude
    - sales role plays

3) On site interview (Toronto) - 1.5 hrs
    - sales role plays
    - discussion with other members in the same role (more of an interview to check for personality/work culture compatibility)

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have a thorough understanding of selling a solution-based product, not a "commodity".

Highly critical to be able to speak professionally, while building rapport, confidence and respect.
      1 Answer

Enterprise Business Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied for a function as Enterprise Business Representative, the recruiter send me an email to plan an phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview went well and the manager wants to plan an phone interview a week later, after the interview the manager told me that I hear from him if he wants to plan a 1:1 interview in Dublin. The same day I get an email with an inventation for the 1:1 interview in Dublin, we planned an interview in Dublin a week later. Everything was arranged very good, a taxi picked drove me to the company and the interview went well. I had 3 interviews, 1 with 2 managers, 1 with the senior director, 1 with the sales manager. Then the waiting began! I waited for 4 weeks, but finally i get a positive phone call that they want to hire me.

Interview Questions

• You know you had a interview with me, what do you know about me?   Answer Question