Salesforce QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce QA Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview starts with a discussion with the recruiter which was very involved and monitored all the steps closely afterwards.
    There is an initial technical screening with on-line programming questions/challenges.
    Different from other interviews is a second technical interview over the phone/web, where you share your screen while resolving a more difficult programming challenge within 45 minutes.

If you passed, there will be on-site meetings for a day with the team manager for discussion and about 3 technical interview sessions with 1-2 interviewers each.

Interview Questions

• Initial technical phone screening with 1-2 programming questions.
      Second technical phone screening 45 minutes hands on programming challenge.
      On-site personality and technical interviews 3-4 sessions.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied via their website and got an email from the recruiter within a couple of weeks to schedule the initial phone interview. Spoke with either a Lead or a Manager during the phone interview and felt comfortable as he was really polite and interested in what I was saying. Discussed my resume and my experience in what they were looking for following which he asked me a simple technical question and unit tests for the code. Then he asked some general questions about testing and spent a considerable amount of time answering the questions I have about the position or the company.

Got invited for the second round the very next day. It was a 2 hour coding test with a 2 page question. It was a lot of fun to do and I felt like I did a good job with my logic and use of data structures. The next day I was invited onsite for the final rounds of interview.

Final round consisted of three rounds which consisted of Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented concepts, Behavioral questions etc. The people were friendly and were very welcoming. They all seemed to really love working at Salesforce. All my interviews went well except for one of them in which the interviewer's spoken english wasn't great and so it was difficult for me to design the classes he wanted me to because he couldn't articulate his requirements well. If this would have gone better I feel I would have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA so can't really divulge any questions. Overall it isn't a very tough interview. They are more interested in understanding how you think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the recruiter. Had a phone screen, a coding problem to be completed in couple of hours and then onsite.
    Onsite consisted of both 1:1 as well as panel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Hash tables concepts and implement a hash table
      2. circular linked list
      3. Write test cases for a registration form
      4. Level order traversal
      5. Determine if given string is palindrome   2 Answers

Associate QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process had multiple steps:
    1) Phone interview - basic behavioral questions and a quick algorithm-writing exercise
    2) Remote programming test - a longer programming problem involving OOP principles and a two-hour time limit. This was done on my own laptop at home so I had all the resources of Google at my disposal.
    3) On site interview - flew in and had several interviews in a day. Two were technical and three were nontechnical with different hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me upfront that they probably could not give me any more money if I asked. I was happy with the offer so I accepted.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Had two phone interviews: first one went over the resume and the second one was technical.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Overall interview process was good.. Telephonic interview went for about an hour. Interviewer asked me about my background and questions around my current projects.

Quickly moved to programming question. Asked me to write a program for comparing 2 strings and return values based on whether they matched or not. This was without using any methods within a string class...

Again was easy and then asked me to write test cases around it...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was just general process.i had got phone interview.the guy was ok who interviewed me.he asked just whatever i had mention in my resume and few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• interview questions are average questions.he asked just whatever i had mention in my resume and few technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Urbana, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online (since I didn't see the campus recruiter on the campus career fair) and get an email about one month later. Scheduled a first phone interview with a LMTS of quality engineer. The interview is scheduled for 45 mins but actually last for only 30 mins. Discussed some question on my past experience from resume and one simple array processing coding question. Then I was ask to do some test on the code. Get another email that evening and scheduled a second phone interview which is one week later. The second interview is with the manager of the team I'm going to work for. It last for full 45 mins, discuss about one of my past project and especially focused on how I find problems and test it. Then a classic brainstorm question was asked. Get a offer that evening from a recruiter's phone call. The recruiter team from salesforce is very helpful during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How to find a special weight ball from 8 balls while other 7 have the same weight with a balance? (all same color, shape etc.) Trick is that you don't know if the special ball is lighter or heavier.   9 Answers

I don't know why I applied QA, because I'm more interest in being a developer. So I accepted another developer position from another company. If this is a developer position from Salesforce, I might consider it.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2013.

Interview

Selection
    I applied for the position on their site.

Phone Screen
    I spoke to a recruiter about my experience at my current company and why I was looking for a new position. Because of my previous experience, he felt that I would do better on the QA Engineer interview.

Technical Phone Screen
    The manager scheduled to interview me had to reschedule twice, but once we had the interview it was a pretty good experience. He asked me about projects I worked on and we had a good conversation.

On-site interview
    3 days after the phone screen, the recruiter reached out to me to set up an on-site interview. Salesforce flew me out to their office and paid for my hotel and gave a stipend for general expenses. The on-site interview comprised of 5 - one hour interviews, with members of the team I would be joining.

The second interview was with the QE manager of the team, it was mostly an interview on fit and a few technical questions. The lunch interview was with the Product Manager of the team and that was also a fit interview. The fourth interview was with a Quality Engineer on the team and was revolved around testing an alarm clock. The fifth interview was a technical interview on Java knowledge and some SQL.

Another phone interview
    The Director of QE gave me another technical call about testing an online reservation system.

Next steps
    I thought I did well on the on-site interview but horribly with the final phone interview (I was not aware it would be a technical call). The team thought I was a very good fit and I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• I had a 1 hour programming test on-site that included implementing two Java String methods and their test cases. I didn't provide the most optimal solution for one of the methods, but I felt that I had very good test cases (which I focused on because the position was for Quality Engineering).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything, but their offer was much higher than my previous salary.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Only got to the phone screen. Amy was very nice and explained their take on he position.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected was that like an Airline SalesForce looks at QA and QC as very experianced Developers/Engineers. Not as Quality Assurance or Testing experts.   1 Answer