Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,633 Interview Reviews

3.2

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a 6-round interview process. Step 1 - speak with recruiter. Ashley, who is wonderful, then sent very detailed information as to what I should prepare for in my second round with the hiring manager. This was enormously helpful so I could adequately prepare. Step 2 - speak with hiring manager. This was a very conversational interview which is important given the role I was interviewing for. Conversation flowed very nicely and it was much more revealing about the role than the standard, question/answer type of interview. Step 3 - speak with 3 other members on the non-profit team. These conversations were more informal and really gave me a good sense of the kinds of people that work here (awesome!). Step 4 - 30-minute presentation interview. I was given a case study one week prior to this interview to prepare as well as a 40-slide power point deck from which I was to pull my own slides and make my own presentation. Keep it to a 10-12 slide max! The case study clearly outlined the process and went exactly according to plan. All in all, SalesForce is a well oiled machine and the process was effective, informative and enjoyable!

Interview Questions

• How do you handle objections in a meeting with several stakeholders?   Answer Question

Account Executive Enterprise Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Mexico City (Mexico)) in February 2017.

Interview

I saw the position published in LinkedIn, I approached a Salesforce employee to ask more about the responsibilities. I applied online and always had very quick response from HR and my interviewers.
    The process was agile, challenge, very clear and I always received feedback.

Program Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a very quick interview process and I was informed promptly after each step on my status. I had a screening phone interview, technical interview, consulting interview and Case Panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major project you lead or architect. What was the problem, how you approach it, challenges and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Do not get underestimate the phone screen. I've never had an issue advancing past the phone screen stage of any previous job interview and was well prepared. However, the recruiter seemed to check out after I gave what I thought was a well thought out answer to the standard "tell me about yourself" question. My recruiter cancelled my first phone screen 15 minutes before the scheduled start time than didn't seem to engaged when we did finally connect.
    I had always thought phone screens were a bit of a formality to make sure the candidate was at least somewhat intelligent before bringing them in for the in-person interview but that's not the case here. I spoke to a former colleague that's in management there and he told me that all 5 people that he referred didn't get past the phone screen.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Did 3 phone interviews with Front line mgr, Director, and VP. Then had to take a technical test solving a customer problem with salesforce software, travel and present the solution to a roomful of front line mgr, Director, and a few potential teammates. Also did 4 additional in person interviews with front line mgr, Director, potential teammate, and VP. The interviews themselves were not too tough, but the technical test was very tough. It is challenging to teach yourself new software to solve a problem and then to present and answer questions related to the software.

Account Executice, ECS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in February 2017.

Interview

Jedes der 5 Gespräche war intensiv, fordernd und smart aufgebaut.
    Deutlich wird, dass Salesforce.com skills fordert, zusätzlich aber ganz besonders gründlich nach dem menschlichen "fit" sucht und prüft.

Ich habe nach jedem Interview ein konstruktives, aussagekräftiges, umfangreiches und sehr wertvolles Feedback erhalten. 5 von 5 Punkten dafür!

Die Recruiterin Frau W. aus München hat mich von Beginn an perfekt informiert und begleitet, ihre Ratschläge waren von großem Nutzen.

Besser geht es wohl kaum!

Mid Market Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process at Salesforce is not easy, but everyone was great throughout the entire process. I definitely recommend working with your recruiter as mine was extremely valuable and helpful. It is not possible to over prepare for your interview here, and the more you prepare the better you will do. In the past I've been promised things while interviewing that didn't end up happening when I started with the company, and that is definitely not the case here at Salesforce. They have delivered on everything they committed and more. I have been here for almost 3 weeks now and really enjoy my new role and being a part of this company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if they would be able to speak to a C-Suite customer I have sold to in the past.   1 Answer

ESB Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2016.

Interview

Fantastic interview process with a great deal of support! From beginning to end there recruiter and hiring manger were there to answer all questions and offer good insight into company and process to make sure that the process is as easy as possible for the candidate.

Lead Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was first screened by a junior SF recruiter, then a senior SF recruiter, followed by the hiring manager, hiring manager's peer, North American SE leader, then was asked to deliver a f2f demonstration to a panel of peers using Salesforce software.

Interview Questions

• The interview focus was less on technical aptitude and more on business experience and sales approach, as well as willingness and interest in learning. SF values creativity and malleability more than deep technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Business Development Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, earned a phone screen with a BDR, then Google Hangout video with managers (they tell you with whom you're interviewing with, so be sure to look them up). The application was live for 30 days and then they began the phone screen process. Submit a cover letter.