Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017
2,036 Interview Reviews

3.2

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager followed by several onsite interviews. Lots of questions and interviews by junior folks who don't seem prepared and negative about working there. I've interviewed twice for different positions and each time I didn't get a good vibe about the environment or team. People seem overworked and tired. Also seems like a politically charged environment with "mean girls" vibe. I spent a portion of the interviews with interviewers checking out and complimenting my clothing and bag and discussing shopping websites then the actual job interview questions. Very young, junior interviewers.

Customer Success Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a lengthy process with three detailed interviews with three senior people. The recruitment team is fantastic, keeping me well informed during the process and they always called back.

Interview Questions

• Why do I wish to again work directly with customers?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The entire recruitment process was absolutely amazing. I was contacted one day after sending my CV and next stages have been scheduled promptly. There was great communication and high level of individual attention from the recruitment team. Salesforce team put a lot of energy in keeping me informed, answering all my questions and running the recruitment process smoothly. I enjoyed it a lot. A great detail was the tour around the office after the final stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best boss you've ever had. What did you like about her/him?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the models used in change management (area-specific question)   Answer Question

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barueri (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Barueri (Brazil)) in May 2017.

Interview

I've been contacted by email from a recruiter who found my resume and understood that it might be a good fit for the role. I agreed to proceed and we had a first conversation. After little time I received a confirmation that I would proceed to have another conversation with the manager of the role. After this I had other two conversations, one Zithromax other five employees and in the final one, a director. This whole process took about a month. In the subsequent week I have been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were around my background experience but focusing on the scope of the actual role I was being interviewed for. At all times they tried to make as clear as possible the responsibility of the position too. An interesting point is that they always leave time in the end for you to ask them questions - and seems like it's very appreciated.   Answer Question

Manager, Enablement - Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was by far one of the best that I have experienced. Unlike other companies that ask you the standard interview questions Salesforce wanted to know more about me as a person and wanted to see if I would be a cultural fit with the company and team. The last interview panel was more trying to figure out my actual skill level but even that one was mostly based on my interaction with all participates.

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current position?   1 Answer

Talent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Great communication with the Recruiter along all the process.

First call around 30 min with the Recruiter.

Few days later second call with a person from the team I am going to work with. He told me about the role in more detail and he was very transparent about what kind of person they were looking for. It was supposed to be just 30 min but he didn't have any problem in staying longer to answer all my questions and queries.

Final step was an interview with the Director of the department. The environment was very casual and it made me feel very comfortable. The questions were more about my future expectations and the challenge​ the company is facing from a Talent Acquisition perspective. I informed about my professional situation and they respected the timings to make a final decision.

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First, I did a brief 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a second brief phone interview with another key stakeholder for the position. That went well, so they decided to fly me into San Francisco for a formal in-person interview. The interview loop consisted of seven 30 minute interviews with a variety of people, including the hiring manager and another parallel manager, a technical writer who would be roughly a direct peer if I was hired, and a few Senior Director-level leaders of relevant groups. A lot of questions about my process and experience with technical writing, including how I approach new projects, gathering subject matter expertise, and handling feedback. There was ample time to discuss the position itself, and for questions about the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to give significant feedback on a project or a piece of writing that needed a lot of work.   Answer Question

Manager - Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

There was one video skype interview, and then 4 onsite interview. The interview process was smootly guided and they flew me in. The Onsite interview was scheduled after a month of my skype interview, since the recruiting manager had to flew in from California to Indiana.

Interview Questions

• An interviewer named - Sundeep Nayak asked - Which is the region i belong to, in the country where i come from? I know it is an illegal discriminative question. I didn't get the offer. Anyway, i didn't want to join that team after that question. I felt very uncomfortable answering that question.   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Moved fast at the beginning - but then recruiter seemed to falter and whole process went downhill. The poor experience with the recruiter made me wonder if the company would also end up being similar. In the end I pulled out of process due in part to location and also due to poor recruitment experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a team with conflicting demands from internal stakeholders.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

As all other interviews state, the process was very efficient. Contacted by HR the day after I applied online and we had a good conversation about the job. Next round was a technical phone screen with the Hiring Manager. This was followed by a coding exercise I had to complete within a stipulated time period. Final round was a Google Meet with seniors in the team. The feedback for each round were shared within 2-3 days

Interview Questions

• Conversations started with what's listed on the resume, leading to more in depth technical discussions on the same.   1 Answer