Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,036 Interview Reviews

3.2

Director, Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I talked to and met extremely smart, professional and courteous people who have a true passion for what they do and for the company. It was an amazing experience!

Interview Questions

• Draw a quadrant of what I am skilled and unskilled as well as happy and unhappy. Tasks and strategies are placed throughout the quadrants.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial email from a recruiter followed by a couple weeks of waiting. Then a brief conversation with the recruiter followed by more weeks of waiting. A technical phone/shared web session interview with someone that knew the role followed. This session was challenging, and I was a little surprised to hear back for a final set of video interviews that lasted 3 hours. An offer came a few days after the video sessions.

The 30 minute technical interview was a lot more "prove you know what is on your resume and what we need for this role." The longer video sessions asked a lot of situational questions designed to see how the candidate communicates, their personality, ability to think on their feet, etc. Some technical questions were included.

Interview Questions

• You have a LAMP style application that is experiencing performance problems/reports from users. Describe the process you would use to troubleshoot and what tools you might use.   Answer Question
    • oops   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online. Recruiter reached out to me... scheduled time to talk... but never confirmed.... then few weeks later... the position was filled. Probably normal for a big company like this.. but would be nice to cancel early.

Triage Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

My Recruiter was an amazing resource throughout the whole process. Initially had an phone screening, followed by a phone interview and 2 video chats. It was a lot about getting to know you and seeing how you would fit and if you would appreciate the company culture. Be well researched, personable, and confident

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process itself was great and seamless. Coming from out of state, they coordinated a flight and travel accommodations for me to fly in after requesting information. Then, they also sent me my interview itinerary inclusive of those who would interview me. When I arrived, we had lunch and the interview began. After my last interview, I was walked out and then flew home.

Interview Questions

• Why leave such an amazing company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rather lengthy. I had three rounds. One with the hiring manager, one with two people on the team, and one with the hiring manager and her boss. I applied in March and was contacted three weeks later informing me they were going with someone else. The recruiter lagged at times and the process could of been more transparent.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were unhappy and what did you do to change that?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

My process was definitely weird but maybe it will help someone in the future. I originally reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn after researching the company. I did not get a response to my email I sent but I assume the person I reached out to forwarded my email to the right person as I was contacted the next day. We scheduled a phone interview a few days later. On the day of my scheduled interview I waited for a phone call but it never came. I reached out to my recruiter to ask for a reschedule but unfortunately did not hear back. After waiting 4 days I reached out to someone on LinkedIn explaining what had happened.. and she stated that she would find out and reconnect us. From there my original recruiter that missed the interview reached out and rescheduled the interview... no explanation of why she missed. Passed that interview and she immediately connected me to the next recruiter for the 2nd phone interview. Unfortunately, she had no time until 2 weeks out. We finally did that interview and then it was time to do the in person interview... there was no availability until 3 weeks out. So I was now in the interview process for 6 weeks at this point. I go to the in person interview and waited for a week to hear back. The recruiter go back with me to inform me that I passed the interview but had to wait on a position. We had no clue when that position would come available. Exactly 9 days later, she called me to tell me a position became available and I was offered the job. Do altogether it took me 10 weeks from first missed interview until offer. Definitely worth it in the end but by far stressful to go through when needing another job.

Interview Questions

• Why salesforce. Explain salesforce to someone with little technical understanding. Why are you leaving your current position. What motivates you.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA).

Interview

The recruiter I worked with was awesome! Even with challenging scheduling conflicts and a long process, she made sure I was well informed and planned the interview process meticulously. The interview itself was very professional. You can see why Salesforce is one of the best places to work for right from its interview process.

Interview Questions

• My past experience and how I managed some challenging scenarios in Engineering Management world.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

The recruiting team was extremely helpful to understand the role, team and company culture. Super responsive to questions and they were organized throughout the whole process. After recruiting I went on to meet members of the existing team I'd be joining and eventually the leaders of the organization. Towards the end of the process we negotiated compensation package which was shaped based on experience and local market cost-of-living. The final negotiation was done with the hiring manager as an intermediary with their employee success (hr) group.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. Overall, the experience went great. You have to put in the work and prep but once you do you will walk in feeling prepared. I worked with Meg as my recruiter and she was very attentive to my emails/questions throughout the process. There is lots of information to prepare for, but I feel that is a positive as they want to hire the best and most prepared candidates!
    There was an initial call with a recruiter for HQ, then another call with the recruiter at the local office, followed by an on-site interview where you meet two managers and two current BDRs.
    Overall, the interview experience was quite positive. Come prepared and show what sets you apart!

Interview Questions

• Explain Salesforce to a grandparent
      Why sales?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question