Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017
2,245 Interview Reviews

3.2

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screening with recruiter. 40 minute phone minute interview with hiring manager. Then asked to come in to do a role play with hiring manager, VP, and another manager.This process took roughly 2 months until I received the offer. The only feedback I would add is that I hoped to speak with an Account Executive on the hiring managers team which did not happen.

EBO Order Management Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was really nice. Met with 3 people, 30 minutes each, and they asked situational questions and general questions to get to know you. It was pretty much a standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too far off from the standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through a job site; had an initial call with the recruiter, a call with the hiring manager, and then brought in for an on-site interview. Was given a writing test which I thought which was far more complicated than I expected (and I am no stranger to writing). The process was pretty organized, however, I was disappointed that I received no feedback.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview with a Regional Manager. Unfortunately the manger was 10 minute late to the call and rushed through questions, very non engaging. Was hoping a company like Salesforce would have more professional hiring managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied for a Software Engineer position, particularly emphasized on JavaScript, but at some point Salesforce randomly decided to switch the position I was interviewing for to more of a UX team role, which was not particularly up my alley, but I was wiling to do nonetheless. The interview questions were pretty easy and they had a pretty extensive project that I had to do in GitHub that was also easy, but tedious. Probably wasted about 4 hours on that. I eventually went on-site and I thought we kicked it off pretty well, but after the on-site I got summarily dismissed without any explanation in email by the recruiter, who suggested I apply for other engineer positions that did not exist on the career website. Note, again, that I originally went for a JavaScript engineering position, but they randomly decided to throw me into a role of a UX liaison halfway through the entire process. I later found out, after the entire ordeal, that the original position I applied for was removed from the website and they added the UX/Engineering liaison position.

Still, in an effort to improve myself, I politely asked for some clarification as to why they thought I would not be a good fit for the position, as I thought the interviews went very well and the team members seemed to like my answers. I further asked for clarification on what was meant by the other positions, since the ones directly referenced in the email did not exist on their website. I never got a response to any of these questions.

The unprofessional dismissal by email and the lack of follow up by the recruiter, made the overall experience very distasteful. I could reference that recruiter directly by name, but I'll take the high rode and be much more professional than she was. The rest of the Salesforce team was very nice and gave a good view into the company and the position they wanted me on, but the recruiter's lack of professionalism ruined the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about JavaScript functionality, like closures, prototyping, and the like. Also had a rather tedious project I had to clone and commit to on GitHub.   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Jul 31, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Glassdoor. I frequently look at reviews and communicate any areas of concern back to my team. It's disappointing to learn that you received no feedback... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed last month for a technical position within IT and while I did not get the role, I was blown away by my recruiter experience with Jessica Roth.

Jess was always one step ahead by providing me with feedback, coaching, and complete honest and open communication on next steps and how I could improve. As mentioned while I did not get the job, I have referred three additional employees to Salesforce one of which accepted an offer and started a few weeks ago. Jess is a recruiter I hope to work with again and can honestly say she's the best one by far who I have worked with in my 15 years in the Bay. I'm so impressed by the recruiting system in place as Salesforce and thanks to Jess I'm walking away with a better perspective than I went in.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure success if you feel like you're shooting at a moving goal post?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Interview

I'm taken aback at the kudos given by some folks as my interview experience was near awful. Never before has a recruiter (for a senior recruiter interview) been so ill prepared to speak on the phone. Is was clear she was reading a script from something, yet was still unable to articulate a complete thought around what the job spec was. The interviewer also had an attitude around "well, we're Salesforce". I mean, seriously? If you're only selling point is your new office building in NYC - you have a long way to go!

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Jul 31, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We use these reviews to identify areas that we need to focus on. Our teams continue to work on improving candidate experience, and it is disappointing to learn that you... More

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to a posting on Salesforce's website and contacted a friend working there to ask about the job. He knew the hiring manager and helped ensure that I made it into an interview process that was well underway. I applied on Thursday, had an initial screening talk with the recruiter on Monday, then spoke with the manager for an hour on Tuesday. That went extremely well and the next day I spoke with someone on the team Wednesday and they had me schedule a Thursday trip for a Friday panel interview. The whole process was very organized and they even volunteered to give feedback on the content I was quickly pulling together around my current job. Friday's interview had a panel section for an hour then an hour 1:1 with the manager. The panel went so well that the 1:1 was about how the team worked and moving ahead with an offer I got on Monday. I rated the interview process as "Average" because I was an ideal fit for the job. If I wasn't, they'd have shredded me. As it was, this was probably the most enjoyable presentation I've ever given. I was blown away by the process and can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about my background, experience in this domain, what I could bring to the team that special, and how I'd perform in front of senior executives/C-suite.   1 Answer

Lead Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The technical questions were mostly relevant to the job and were not the "puzzle" type of problems that have become so prevalent in technical interviews. More words... yep, these are words.

Interview Questions

• Find the minimum number of coins required for a given amount with a given set of coins   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

The process was smooth and manageable. I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview with some of the team. The in person interview was calm and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the different between a data owner and a data custodian?   1 Answer