Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,202 Interview Reviews

3.3

Lead UI Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

Interview process was slightly delayed by the holiday (a great perk of Salesforce, they give 2 full weeks off over Christmas and New Year's), but once things moved forward I found the process wonderful. The take-home code assignment was better than most I've had to do for interviews, since it was building a real application and the example project closely mirrors their working stack, which I found valuable in assessing my level of interest in the product I would be building.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between "context", "state", and "props".   1 Answer

Lead User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

HR Phone Screen>One hour interview with member of team>half hour interviews with other members of team and hiring manager>offer

Because of the holidays, scheduling took a little while longer. The entire process was over about 8 weeks. I found the interview process to be well managed, and all of the people I interviewed with were wonderful. There was no ego in anyone I met, and everyone seemed truly happy to be where they were.

The questions I was asked were very normal for this level and type of position for someone with my background. I got all of my questions answered as well. When it came time for an offer, the process was also very straightforward. I chose not to negotiate as the offer was exactly what I was hoping for. I'm super excited to be joining the team at Salesforce.

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very well-planned and thought out; had the opportunity to meet with all the pertinent team members ; I did a great job telling me about the role, responsibilities, company culture etc.

Lead IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I do not want to share it as i have signed a non dis closer document with the company. I will not be able to share it online as they say it is going to impact the business but i can take a risk of doing the sharing of the interview process with online.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and the interview coordinator were in constant contact throughout the process of booking my flights, hotel and getting to the interview. After the interview they made an informal offer the next day and a formal offer letter a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was asked my current salary and hike I expected and they matched it.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall the experience was great. Everyone on the team was very nice and seemed generally smart.

I had one interview that was a little at odds with the type of interview one would generally expect for this role, but it was constructive nonetheless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make it easy on yourself and get a competing offer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a one-hour phone interview with the hiring manager. After it passed, a 24-hour remote programming came. Afterward, it is a whole day onsite with 5 rounds, some are hangouts with remote engineers, and others are the local interviewers.

Interview Questions

• One design question is about design a chess game.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was C++ specific, although the job will require some iOS, Android and Windows specific stuff as well.

Interview over the phone first. Very friendly and nice chat, no technical questions during that.

Second part was programming test. I spent several hours implementing a C++ program that did a lot of things with data structures, JSON, threading, etc. They liked this enough to fly me out to San Francisco.

Third part of the interview was a day long process where I met with several managers and teams where I chatted and answered multiple technical questions and did a few basic coding exercises. They liked me well enough to offer me the job :)

Interview Questions

• Differences between std::vector vs std::list   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Mateo, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was the standard software engineer interview. Recruiters don't follow up. I reached out to see if there was any feedback after a week. Recruiter said he was still gathering the feedback from the team and that he would get back to me later the same day. Well...that was over 2 weeks ago and still no response. It's pretty lame and reflects poorly on the company. I wouldn't want to work for such an unresponsive company.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first round was more of an intro where I was called to know my projects, likings, skills, position details and some selling by the interviewer. Later I went through a Remote Programming Test. Then I was called for onsite interview. On this day, I went through various rounds which involved test strategy, problem solving and coding and some designing.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would I test a yahoo messenger?
      2. Write code for showing use of singleton pattern?
      3. Write a program to implement a binary search tree.   Answer Question