Salesforce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017
1,940 Interview Reviews

3.2

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Amazingly organized, thought through, introspective and relevant process. It was a pleasure to go through it and was an opportunity to both understand the company and determine if the role was the right fit both both sides. Perhaps the best interview experience I've had with any organization.

Guest Service Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process went very smooth. Recruiter was great and very personable Everyone I interviewed with were highly motivated and seemed like a great bunch of people to work with.

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email after applying on the career web site. Did a phone screen with the recruiter. I was brought in for an in-person interview later that same week. I interviewed with the hiring manager and one of her direct reports. The interview was a very open conversation with lots of back and forth. It must have gone well, because I was contacted that evening by the recruiter to go over next steps. A phone interview with the Director and VP were setup for early the next week. The phone interview focused a lot on my career goals and some of my past experience. I received a verbal offer from the recruiter later that evening. A formal offer was in my hand with in 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake, and how you did you handle it afterward?   1 Answer

Lead Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Long and intensive process, very professional, I had about 6 rounds of talking to various people from different roles.the final panel was intense too, I had 9 people on the panel.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe the solution engineer? What is this job exactly?   Answer Question

MBA Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred internally by a current employee. Within hours, the hiring manager reached out to me via email to set up a time to interview the following day. Over two weeks, I interviewed with 4 different people on the team, with an email notification for each interview the day before. Most of the questions were behavioral and a lot of probing into details on my resume. My last two interviews were very casual and fun--more like a phone conversation than interview. One interviewer worked with design and asked me several questions about design even though it's not directly related to the job I was interviewing for. There was ample time for questions, so have them ready. Overall, they are looking for a good cultural fit and passion for the role.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair, heard back the next day asking to schedule a phone interview with a team lead. 3-4 days later had the phone interview where we went over my resume and asked questions that covered some basic object oriented programming concepts. Within 30 minutes of that I was asked to go on site.

At the on site I met with 3 different team leads. Briefly spoke about my resume and then took to the white board. A lot of the questions were more specific/difficult than expected. First manager covered data stuctures and algorithms (somewhat easy), second was super specific object oriented questions (implement a singleton class etc...), last was to design and implement a program as both a java project and relational database (uml and java implementation for the java one, ERD and sql implementation for the database). Had an offer within 3 days of that interview.

One thing to note is that I was asked no behavioral style questions, nor did i interview with an HR rep throughout the process. All of my interviews were technical.

Associate Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with a recruiter, which seemed to be a standard evaluation of your phone communication skills. A couple days later, I had a second phone interview with an SDR, which was more of a test to see if you're a good culture fit. Shortly after, I had an on-site interview with four hiring managers where they asked various behavioral questions. The interview process was very transparent and took around two weeks. Prepare, be confident, and be sure to close your interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales? Why Salesforce? What drives you? Tell me about a time you struggled to sell something.   Answer Question

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

One of the most professional, organized recruiting processes I have ever experienced. The recruiter was super responsive going above and beyond (available by text, phone, email almost 24/7) - the communication was transparent and honest at all steps.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were engaging and challenging, revealing the sophistication of the team. Also the interview process gives you a chance to get to know the team, you get to interview them as well as them interviewing you. No trick questions, no puzzles but legitimate questions both technical and non technical that are very reasonable in nature.   Answer Question

Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Miami, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

In general I would rate this as an OK experience with room for improvement: interviews were scheduled fairly quickly and interviewers responded in a timely fashion to calendar requests. Communication with the recruiter could have been better as I received last minute notices or no responses at all in some instances. Also, I interviewed for multiple roles and recruiting went silent for long periods at a time between interviews, where a quick note/response would have been appropriate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a phone screening with one recruiter. After we established I was qualified and I was interested in the position we scheduled a phone interview with another recruiter. I then had a phone call with a sales manager for about a hour which led to a panel interview with two sales managers. The final step of the interview process was a presentation I ran for four sales managers in person at their office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one of your deals with your current role.   1 Answer

See What Salesforce Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Business Development Representative in New York, NY

Pros: “I have been working at Salesforce for approximately one month and I can honestly say it's the best career decision that I've ever made. From day one everyone has been extremely...”“I have been working at Salesforce for approximately one month and I can honestly say it's the best career decision that I've ever made. From day one everyone has been extremely friendly and accommodating to ensure that you are successful and welcomed. My interview process was smooth from day one as the recruiter, Ashley-Rose, was extremely diligent in followup, communication, and process from day one... I can't say enough good things about her during the interview stages. She even maintained communication once I started to ensure I was settling in smoothly.” – Full Review