Salesforce Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. I went through both the phone interview and onsite interview within a week of each other. All the interviewers are polite and respectful. They also look very happy to be working at SalesforceIQ.

Interview Questions

• Five interviews total: Dynamic programming question, class design question, software design question, domain expertise check, and algorithm question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a week, a recruiter reached out to me. First technical interview was with the hiring manager who asked algorithm and java knowledge based questions. Then, there was a take home programming assignment that was to be solved and returned in 2 hours. Then, a day of onsite interviews where I got to meet almost everyone on the team. I got an email that very night saying they wanted to move forward. After one round of negotiations, I got an offer that I liked, and accepted!

Interview Questions

• A take home programming question that tested your knowledge of algorithms and object oriented programming, and also your ability to prioritize with which features you can add and which features you can cut given the two hour time limit. It's really hard to complete everything within 2 hours, so it tests a lot of your skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Emailed my resume and got a response within 3-4 weeks. Then I got a a Hackerrank Challenge question (DP-type question). The next step was a Skype call with an engineer to discuss my solution and discuss ways to optimize it even further. Finally, I had an on-site interview with 4 rounds and lunch in between.

There were a couple of logistical issues (ie. the engineer didn't call me and I had to reschedule the phone call), but overall it was relatively smooth. Everyone seemed to be really friendly and I enjoyed the company culture.

Interview Questions

• - Hackerrank Challenge was a DP question involving phone numbers
      - Onsite Round 1: Question involving matrices
      - Onsite Round 2: Two questions involving matrices. Asked to implement the solution in both recursion and iteration.
      - Onsite Round 3: Question involving anagrams in strings. Solved the question fairly quickly with a fairly efficient implementation (naive brute force is n^2, gave a nlogk solution) and then was asked to come up with an even faster implementation (n).
      - Onsite Round 4: Series of questions involving Object-Oriented design   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for a Technical Role in Portland, OR. The Interview was conducted 3 diff days/times.
    1st was phone screening - mostly technical round. 2nd - I had interview with 8 different person over the period of 6 hrs continuously. Every round was technical and they will extract all the possible technical knowledge. the last round was with a senior architect. It took almost 30-40 days between the first and final interview.

Lastly I have applied for Datawarehousing position and all my technical rounds were based on DW + data modeling + Informatica + Unix + DB + Hadoop(bit) + SQL - Deep knowledge required etc.

Offer came after 2 weeks of last round.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quick. I applied from their website. It took a week to complete. The interview was pretty simple and straight. I was interviewed by two different teams and each team asked questions related to what they develop.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past experience. The project I did in my previous company and academic
      projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Linked In profile caught their attention.
    I replied to Linked In email asking if I was interested.
    Phone Screen with hiring manager.
    Process stalled when I expressed concern about commute.
    Followup email restarted process.
    Half-day interview.
    Phone Screen with upper management.
    Attractive offer which I considered overnight.
    Then I accepted.
    Background check happened after I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a job?
      Tell me about the projects you've done. Fortunately, I had a number of projects that I could talk about.   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Got an email from HR, set up a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. Was told that the next stage would include scripting challenges and had 48 hours to complete. Challenges were on Javascript, CSS, and Ruby. It takes a little long to complete but that may be because I wasn't too familiar with Ruby.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

This was one of my worst interviewing experiences ever. Not the nature of the interview. But because how I was treated as a candidate.

Was contacted by recruiter by email. Had an initial phone screen interview that had to rescheduled because the person who was supposed to call me never called. After the initial round had a remote programming test which had to be again re-scheduled because nobody called in at the scheduled time . The only response my recruiter gave me was "No-body called?". Very professional indeed. Still I went ahead because I like the work the company is doing.

Was selected for an onsite- interview. In spite of knowing that I am a remote candidate, the person in charge of scheduling my interview thought I was a local candidate and scheduled my interview the very next day without arranging for any travel or any prior intimation.

At this point I had given up any inclination to go forth with the onsite. After the confusion cleared , my onsite was scheduled. Had 4 rounds. I had asked my recruiter to let me know what would be the general area of focus for the rounds. As expected, there was no response from him.

The interviews themselves were good except two of the interviewers weren't exactly professional about interviewing me. Solved good questions.

The company is good and doing great things. It was sad to see the recruiting department was so unprofessional.

Application

Interview

8 to 10 rounds and onsite interview 30 min with every team member.You get to meet the hiring manager on an lunch interview.
    All this happened after initial phone screening. there can be more than 1 initial screening .

Interview Questions

• Questions to write and submit code in 2 hours   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by the recruiter for Chatter team to see if there's a match. I went through one technical phone interview and the remote programming test. After I passed them both, they came back and told me that they've changed direction.

A few days later, another recruiter from Sales Cloud approached me and since I've done the remote programming test, they skipped that but instead I get to do technical remote whiteboarding interview once and talked to the Director of Engineering. Once I've passed those, they flew me to their HQ for 6 rounds of interview (one of them is lunch).

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the process as they tried to ensure I'm ready and well prepared for each round of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you everything from the Database up to the Front-End   Answer Question