Salesforce Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 2, 2017

3.3

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

From phone screen to offer was about one month. One phone screen interview that focused on background and describing the position, one phone interview with a hiring manager, and one final face to face presentation. My recruiter shared tons of helpful information to prepare me for the presentation and I was very confident going into it. I heard the day after I was getting a job offer and had the offer in hand to sign 3 days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about why I was looking at salesforce and how I thought I would fit into the culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 4 weeks from initial recruiter conversation to offer letter in hand. They were interested in my background and how I handled working in a very fast paced environment and asked questions related to my experience. It was more of a conversational interview, not a non- sense drill of questions that gauge how well you (and they) have googled and memorized "EA interview questions" which impressed me about the EA. She knew I was not applying just out of school and asked questions as they related to a seasoned professional that had 10+ years experience as an EA. So, the process: I sent a resume (Saturday) , recruiter emailed me next day (Sunday). Interviewed with recruiter on Tuesday. Had a follow up interview with an EA on the team the following week. Week after that in-person onsite interview with the hiring manager and Director, as soon as I got home the recruiter called me and asked for references- that took a week. The following week she called me with a verbal offer. 2 business days later, I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• About my background, what I like about my job, what I don't like   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process involved 3 main interviews with constant communication throughout with the internal recruiter. The first was with the hiring manager, the second was a presentation/panel interview done remotely and the third was with a VP for final sign-off. The 1:1 interviews were straight forward and informal, not the type of interview meant to catch you or involving any ridiculous questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were straight forward and typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was as most people described. Recruiter call, manager call, and then a panel demo and presentation.

I honestly have never been more impressed/happy with an interview process. Each step of the way it felt as though they were HELPING me to get the job and never made it feel as though I had to impress them.

My recruiter, Nikki Desai, was incredible and went above and beyond constantly to make sure I was informed and comfortable. I really felt like part of the team from the very beginning.

Interview Questions

• "This seems just like more of a headache for me as a sales rep. More ways for my manager to micro-manage and more time for me to get things done, how does it help?"   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist II Interview

Application

Interview

Relatively painless process. 3 phone interviews with hiring managers and a written test to assess writing skills. However I was moving from a similar role and another high profile company so this may have been atypical.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter and the hiring manager. After that, I met with 5 members of the team. over a 4 hour span. From there I had an answer very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a client you've won in the past year and wlak me through the steps that it took to win.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. A few calls with recruiters, one in person interview with supervisor, three phone interviews with senior executive, peer, and support personnel. Follow up communication within a few days of each interview - very well done and professional.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and was immediately in touch with the hiring manager for role. The interview process itself consisted of three gMeets prior to an in-person interview with two recruiters and another gMeet while I was in the office. The hiring manager for this role was very accessible and great at keeping me in the loop. Overall, a great interview experience!

Senior Account Executive Interview

Application

Interview

1) recruiter phone screen 2) manager phone screen 3) manager f2f standard interview 4) final manager/peer candidate presentation

- must be a company culture fit, so early rapport at all stages is key
    - ask to prep with recruiters for f2f interviews
    - be confident and comfortable
    - be prepared to explain wins from previous roles

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was put in touch with an internal recruiter by someone in the group. I had to first submit an application before speaking with the recruiter. Following that initial phone call I was put in touch with a dedicated recruiter for the Sales group. This recruiter interviewed me over the phone to check for fit and then recommended me to be interviewed by the team on site. The onsite interview was two rounds. First round was with two people in the group, second round was with a panel of three managers in the group. Both rounds I was asked a lot of hard questions, and the second round with the managers was intense. Overall a very impressive experience and a great opportunity to better feel out the culture. About a week later I received an offer to join which I have accepted! I have been blown away by how nice and smart everyone is that I've met so far, and especially by the recruiter - she was professional, friendly and very helpful in navigating me through the process!