Salesforce Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.2

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was thorough, yet pretty straightforward: initial phone screen > phone interview with the sales recruiter > in person interviews with hiring managers > pitch, along with a final call with an SVP (depending on the team). Everyone was very welcoming, challenging, made me feel comfortable, provided great feedback + pitch prep materials to succeed and clearly outlined expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• Being new to the industry, the hiring managers certainly dug into how I would bring value to the team/company with no industry experience. Acknowledging this challenge up front to show self awareness is key, then articulate how my own success/sales experience can directly help the team's growth.   2 Answers

Customer Success Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

My friend and ex-colleague referred me to the role. Recruiter contacted me right away after I submitted the necessary info on-line. She briefed me the role & responsibilities of the role and background of the req before my first interview (which was with the hiring manager). That really helped me to prepare for the interview. Spoke with the hiring manager well over 90 mins (it was scheduled for only 60 mins). Felt really good about the initial interview and good vibes. Subsequent interviews with the stakeholders and extended team members were setup quickly. Everyone that I have met and spoke with were professional and pleasure to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What customers and verticals have I supported in the past?   Answer Question
    • Why do I want to join Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want the role?   Answer Question
    • What if you see an email from a key stakeholder first thing in the morning (7AM), what are you going to do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I provided supporting compensation documentation for the past three years (e.g., pay slips, RSU report, etc.)

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

I initially interviewed at Salesforce with a recruiter and then had a phone interview with a Sales manager. The following week I went in for an interview on site. Overall great experience, great interview process and supportive recruiting staff.

Business Development Apprenctice Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred for a position at Salesforce by a current employee. The recruiter reached out to me, we had some initial conversations and phone screens. Final round was over google hangout. Overall the process took about 2 weeks. They move fast!

Professional, fast, thorough - the process and experience of working with Salesforce was amazing!

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce?
      Why Sales?
      Why are you leaving company?
      What would coworkers say about you?
      What would your boss say about you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Wonderful! Ashley-Rose was my recruiter and was so helpful and transparent through the whole process. She was available for all questions during my initial screening and before the in-person interview. She sent a variety of documents and videos to prepare which were all very helpful.

The in-person interviews were great and informative. I met with 4 people, 1 person per 30 minute interview over two hours. Similar questions were asked but it was great to hear from managers as well as current Business Development Representatives.

I heard back after three days!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Connected to Salesforce through my university, along with a handful of other students. I went through four interviews which, from hearing stories of friends who have had internships with the company and other students who were in the process of interviewing, is a little unusual. The reason I went through so many interviews is because the team I was originally interviewing for had already filled their intern spot, so I continued interviewing for the same cloud (Sales Cloud) but with a different team.

First interview was an onsite interview, where the first half was behavioral, asking me what my interests are, and the second half was relatively technical (though not much), asking me to rate my proficiency in Java, to design a plan for creating a Snapchat-like application.

Second and third interview were online technicals that lasted about 45 minutes, conducted on an online coding environment. The fourth (and last) interview was a Google Hangout with two engineers that was briefly behavioral and mostly technical, where I was asked to talk through my solution rather than actually coding it.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a team of seven to build a Snapchat-like application?   1 Answer
    • Given two arrays, create a new, shuffled array containing all elements from both arrays.   Answer Question
    • Given a sorted array, where each element but one occurs only once, return the element that repeats. (For example, given 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, return 3. Given 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, return 6.)   6 Answers
    • Create a data structure that runs in constant time when inserting, removing, searching, and return a random element.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I never thought a hiring process could be this enjoyable. I was referred internally by a current employee and was immediately called by Ashley-Rose in recruiting. We went over my background and my credentials experience so she could get a feel for where I was professionally. She was so inviting and Immediately started reaffirming my decision to interview at Salesforce. After my screening with her I had a phone interview. It was 30 minutes long and I was asked basic background and sales experience questions. Very straightforward. I was then invited to a 2 hour in-person interview where I met with 2 managers and 2 team leaders 30 min per person. The conversation was great, I felt welcomed to share my story and my experiences professionally. Ashley-Rose actually sat in on one of my interviews which was really cool. The questions were straight forward and the biggest issue was that I came from Equinox in the fitness industry without any tech or software experience. I needed to show that I had been selling value and that my experience was transferable to this industry. Hard-working, fast-learners with the desire to help people are some qualities salesforce is looking for. I received a call 2 days after my in person and received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of in your life (work, personal, etc)?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain Salesforce to someone with no tech experience?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • How will you be able to sell this product without experience in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The comp package was very straight forward. I believe the company gives you a great opportunity to succeed. I did not negotiate. It seems like it would be accepted but I couldn't comment on what I think the outcome would be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

very quick, recruiter was extremely helpful. The process was quick- first a phone interview than a 2 hour in-person interview with managers and business development representatives. The interview was very informative and I learned a lot regarding the role and the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to Salesforce through an employee referral. The entire process was simple, friendly, quick moving, and transparent. I read a majority of the Glassdoor reviews throughout the process and all were very helpful.

Ashley-Rose was the recruiter I worked with and she was fantastic throughout the entire process. She truly cared about getting to know me and helping me succeed in the process.

Ashley first made contact via email and we set a time for an initial 30 minute phone screening. The screening was a conversation that Ashley made extremely comfortable. She simply wanted to get to know me better: my background, my career goals, my sales experience and tactics, why salesforce, etc.. Throughout our entire conversation it felt as if I had known her for quite some time, rather than for the few minutes we had been speaking. After our conversation, Ashley gave great feedback on what she picked up on and asked if we could schedule a call for the next day to discuss the position more in depth.

The following day, Ashley called and we spoke for roughly 10 minutes. She laid out the role of the Business Development position and gauged my interest in the position after knowing all the details. After I confirmed with her that I was indeed interested in continuing in the process, she offered to send me information that would help in the next stage. Additionally, she gave me her cell number to reach out at anytime with questions and even offered to rehearse with me before the next interview. I was truly blown away from all the resources I received and it was reassuring to know that I had someone in the company who was rooting for me.

I applied to the NYC office and lived out of state, so my next stage in the process was a 2 hour Google hangout session with 2 BDR Managers and 2 BDRs. The 2 hour interview was broken down into 4 - 30 minute sessions with each person. Every person I interviewed with was great. They all genuinely wanted to get to know me better and understand who I am professionally and personally. It was generally the same conversation with each interviewer - tell me about you, what makes you the right person for this job, why Salesforce, what are your interests. Again, every interview felt more like a conversation than anything else.

After my Google hangout session, Ashley followed up with me and asked for my feedback on the process and how I felt my interviews went. It was 2 days later that I received an offer to join the team! In all, it took 11 days from my first conversation with Ashley to receiving an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

-2 phone screens- standard questions about your background, "Why Salesforce?"
    -Networking event/group interview- feel you out to see if you're a good culture fit.
    -Panel/final interview. Met with 2 team leaders and 2 peer interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe Salesforce to someone not in businesss or technology.   Answer Question