Salesforce Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

After speaking to a recruiter on the phone, I had a half hour phone interview with a member of the team. They let me know quickly that they'd like me to come in and give a 1 hour presentation and also scheduled for a week after an interview with six people. They let me know they would cancel the interview if I didn't do well on the presentation.
They called a few days before the presentation and said that most candidates weren't doing good well, and went over the guidelines again, that made me a bit nervous, but I had been prepping in the right areas.
The presentation was with the hiring manager, the Internal recruiter, and three other managers, one high level. It went really well, as I focused exactly where they had asked. They let me know that afternoon that they wanted to keep the next interview on the schedule.
I followed up the next week with an interview with six team members, 2 at a time. There were a lot of the "tell me about a time when" type questions which I felt I did poorly on, but they followed up two days later and asked me to come in the following week. I met for an hour with the hiring manager and 2 execs. It went pretty well. Three days later, they called with a great offer, and I am excited that I am starting soon!

Interview Questions

• Give a comprehensive presentation on a (very specific and real) enhancement request from customers. They really want to see your approach to investigating and documenting the request. They asked a lot of questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, phone call with hiring manager, onsite visit interviewing with 4 people (peers and hiring manager), second visit interviewing with 4 people (peers, VP, and client managment)

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic - experience, why Salesforce, how do you deal with stress, how do you prioritize   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked to the university recruiter whom then pointed to a web address to apply for specific position. Was contacted a couple weeks later for a follow up interview. In total had 3 interviews before offer. All were a couple weeks between each other and then offer came about two weeks after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Was more conversational with questions casually added in.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. Heard from many other applicants who have interviewed multiple times with Salesforce that external interviews are often cursory, as internal candidates naturally receive preference. I had this experience, though I'm not saying the job was right for me, it just fit the known patterns. There were fairly lengthy delays in between interviews. Once the interviews were completed, there was quite a bit of dead space in communication until I received word that an internal candidate was hired. The scope of the role was changing and the team was a bit fuzzy on the details, but once I got those details out I was entirely okay with not being asked to move on. I'd expect the full process to be quite difficult, but as not all the team members were engaged in the process with me personally, my various interviews were pretty easy. However, everyone was sharp, friendly and really sold the company. One interviewer in particular was unbelievably engaging and we both really enjoyed the experience from a personal level - Salesforce is a company where you make friends, that much is clear. The experience did not turn me off to applying to Salesforce in a different capacity, though I'll manage my time better and invest less into the process until I feel out whether or not this is actually a serious interview for the team. That said, I've heard it is more difficult to get into Salesforce than Harvard. Not sure if that is true, but these are the breaks when trying to get a foot in the door with such a fabulous brand.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my background and experience. Some tactical specifics regarding the job, why Salesforce, why I'm leaving my job etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interviewers were not very well prepared (2 of them did not show up). I left being unsure about the company. Next week, a no -feedback email informing me I wasn't being considered.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

phone, then day long interview, including a presentation on a selected topic. the topic is provided before hand

Interview Questions

• which product you like or dont like and why: could be anything not necessarily software.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2012.

Interview

Applied via recommendation from internal employee. Received email from recruiter who scheduled a 1hr phone call. 3-4 days after call I received an email from another recruiter within Salesforce that they had interest, and wanted me to interview with hiring manager. Scheduled and had that conversation, but location turned out to be non-negotiable, so no further interviews occurred given I didn't plan on relocating at that time.

Interview Questions

• None extremely difficult between 2 interviews. Mostly history/resume/what they're looking for & what the role is like within SF.com.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The initial referral was from someone working in product management; my own background is in protocol engineering and engineering management. We talked via email, and he forwarded one set of discussions to a senior person in their team; the senior person asked for an interview to be scheduled. The phone interview was quick, not highly technical and resulted in a scheduled one on one interview.

That revealed something fairly interesting. Salesforce has trouble dealing with highly technical people who are not currently coders. Their engineering managers & CTOs are all coders (or at least, they represent themselves that way). Someone who had designed and deployed large scale systems but hadn't coded in production environments in years was hard to fit into their world view. After the interview, it was clear that I was far too much on the technical side to fit their product management team. They went off to think about how to fit me in, but came back a week or so later saying "we'd like to find something that works, but we can't".

I suspect that had I said "of course I code" (and I certainly have done production-level code in the past), the result would have been a second set of interviews which might have gone further. I wouldn't encourage anyone to lie about their skills, but salesforce.com's view of engineering management as dependent on coding skills would certainly suggest not minimizing any skills you have there, should you be looking for engineering management jobs there.

Interview Questions

• How would you integrate video into Chatter?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in October 2008.

Interview

Phone interview with 1 manager + in person panel interview with 4 people - non managers + Phone interview with hiring manager + notification of hiring freeze + last minute attrition and being offered to fill a backfill = hired in 3 weeks
    It was an okay process, friends who I referred sometimes had better and sometimes had worse experiences. Depends on the department.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you couldn't figure out how to solve a problem, and the internal people you escalated to couldn't solve it, and executive management also couldn't solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and stock