Salesforce Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2016

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, I have interviewed with Salesforce three different times for three different roles in the last two months and each experience did not get better. However, for this review I will focus on my experience interviewing with the hiring manager and the recruiter for a Product Marketing Manager Corporate Messaging role. Since I was referred by an employee the actual set-up of the interview went fairly well. I had a brief phone interview with an initial recruiter, who passed me over to another senior recruiter, who passed me on to her scheduling coordinator to confirm the video interview. Unsure, why I could not have stuck with the original recruiter who reached out to me, but again at least they moved quickly with scheduling a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager. The senior recruiter did not reach after I got transferred to her or prior to my interview to talk my background, the role, or the recruitment process. In the meantime, I prepare based on the information received from the coordinator. I get on the video interview very excited to meet with hiring manager, but he remains monotone the whole time and he never introduces himself, his team or talks specifically about the role. He only leaves 5 minutes for me to ask questions but prefaces it with he has a hard stop at 3:30. So I begin to ask him more about his management style, the team, and success metrics for the role. He answers with he demands excellence and works everyday to 11pm and is extremely ambitious and his team knows this. I tell him I want to be mindful of his time so thanks for taking time to answer my questions and it was a pleasure speaking with you. He just smiles and hangs up from the Google Hangout. I didn't have a good feeling after that, but my friend who referred me said she would reach out to the manager to speak with him. I don't hear from the senior recruiter after a week, so I reach out to her. She says she will speak to the hiring manager and get back to me; it takes her 3 weeks to get back to me, so almost 4 weeks after my initial interview I finally get feedback. The feedback shared stated the hiring manager didn't feel I have enough experience with product messaging, but he never asked me any questions related to my product marketing and messaging experience. He primarily focused on behavioral and situational questions that focused on my experience with C-suite level and other top executives and my communication style. Needless to say, I am not impressed with their recruitment process at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to deliver bad news to a C-suite level executive who is very demanding?   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Oct 5, 2016 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your review with the Glassdoor community. I'm disappointed to learn that you had such a negative and frustrating experience interviewing with us. We clearly have room to improve ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got an internal referral for q job that was never posted. That job was filled and they kept me interviewing for another not posted position. Very long process that was drawn out. Several strange encounters. I would have loved to work for salesforce but the whole process was very strange.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Included three phone calls, two rounds of in-person interviews, and a presentation in front of my now-colleagues.

Salesforce recruiter initially reached out via LinkedIn. First phone screen was standard (describe your experience, why are you looking, etc.).

Second call (two days later) was with the hiring manager. Involved case study questions and decent analysis of my understanding of the company. From there the hiring manager emailed me a prompt and a few materials to use in preparation for an in-person presentation.

The third call (after ~5 days) was to review my drafted presentation and get feedback from the hiring manager before presenting in-person to a group. I appreciated this step as it was a great opportunity to both get a taste for working with the team and show my ability to take feedback and iterate.

Presentation + 1:1 interviews came a few days after that. Bulk of the questions focused on understanding and evaluating my thought process. A few asked me to whiteboard scenarios in the room.

Final in-person interview was with the head of the team. 45 minutes of rapid-firing questioning. Initially wasn't sure how I came out! I received an offer the day after.

Interview Questions

• The real world scenario where I had a week to present a fictional product launch to the hiring manager (Director) and head of the group (SVP). It was challenging to balance the workload with my full-time job but gave me a great feel for the team's role and standards within the rest of the company. I also enjoyed the opportunity to show (vs talk about) my work via a relevant project that everyone in the interviews cared about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with Salesforce.com's recruiter. The recruiter was okay. She asked some behavior questions. Since the job descriptions involved working with sales team, she discussed how I interacted with them and when I was involved during the sales cycle. After the interview, I haven't heard from her for a while. I followed up with her a week later; she responded with some standard language saying they decided to move ahead with other candidates. No additional feedback was provided.

Interview Questions

• When are you pulling into working with the sales? What's the pace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Multi round interview consisting of phone interviews, 1 on1 interviews with both colleagues and execs, and a presentation. Long, slow process... But got the impression that the barks very highland they want to make sure that the peop,e they hire cannot only do the job,but will bea cultural fit. This is an intense, demanding company.... And those that fit well will thrive and love it.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about the messaging/positioning of Salesforce and why?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2010.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. I already knew the recruiter from a different position that I applied for 6 months earlier. She did the initial screening to make sure that I was qualified for the position. I then did a phone screen for the first round with the hiring manager because I wasn't based in the SF/Bay Area. The next round was consolidated for me because I would have to fly in to SF for a combined second/final round of interviews; I had second rounds with 5 people including the hiring manager in the morning and then a 20 minute presentation in the afternoon to showcase my abilities to market a fictional product.

Interview Questions

• The real world scenario where I had three weeks to present a fictional product launch to the hiring manager (VP of Product Marketing) and head of the group (SVP of Product Marketing) was definitely challenging but also very informative of their work environment and standards. I love this practice and use it today when I'm hiring.   Answer Question

Decided that I wanted to stick with the start-up that gave me a counter offer where I wouldn't have to move. Loved the company though, and would definitely consider working for them in the future.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Pre-screening interview with recruitment team, followed by 30 minute telephone interview by main stakeholder, followed by 3 face to face interviews (each lasting around one hour) with local stakeholders (Sales, marketing and technical). Questions were mainly around experience and willingness to adapt to new environment.