Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.3

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Let me start by saying that Salesforce is not a company that truly cares about real diversity and cultivating it. Mark Benioff talks about increasing diversity and equality within Salesforce but has not made any true advances towards real equality. The culture that Salesforce fosters can be seen through their management and leadership. It definitely shows that they don't care about people of color and that you need to be Asian or White to work there.

You can check out Salesforce Diversity numbers on their website.

I have been networking and speaking to different people at Salesforce for about 11 months now and have not been hired for one position in the company. Even after taking time to pick up a Salesforce certification, being recommended by multiple people from the company for different roles, networking with Salesforce Diversity groups, and being invited as a VIP to a Salesforce Diversity and Inclusion networking event, none of that really mattered. They told me that it's really hard to get in and to keep trying. I even interviewed for an entry level Sales Rep and did not get a call back. Keep in mind that they hire people straight out of college for this position with no experience and I have about 5 years of experience in tech. Apparently I was too technical to do Sales from what I was told by management. That interview felt more like hazing than anything else from the questions they asked.

Even the employees I know from the company say that Salesforce is really lacking diversity, especially within the Sales and Marketing departments. Most of the colored people I know, men, women, and LGBT's, tend to be the only ones on their team and most of the time feel unincluded. I have heard about that from both a social and professional aspect this is happening internally.

Today I will be attending a tech inclusion event at the innovation in the Palace of Fine Arts. The event is sponsored by Google and many of the top tech companies will be there. I heard that Salesforce raised a lot of money for the event but decided that it was not worth attending because the candidates coming today would not be good enough. I also heard that they made changes last minute to have a table there because it didn't look good that they weren't going to show up.

I wanted to work for Salesforce, but I have seen how they treat their current diverse talent and diverse prospects and am not interested so much anymore. If they are looking to leave, I don't think I should be looking to onboard with Salesforce. Everything they say about Ohana and diversity is really just a bunch of nonsense.

I am hoping the arrival of Tony Prophet will change things for the better and turn Salesforce into a place where I still am interested in working at. Hopefully I can meet him today if Salesforce will be attending.

Interview Questions

• How were your metrics measured?   3 Answers

Salesforce Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Chief Equality Officer

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share feedback on your experiences engaging and interviewing with Salesforce. I want to assure you that Salesforce's commitment to equality as a core value is... More

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by a recruiter. It was awful as the recruiter expressed a distaste for me almost immediately. Why was I contacted then? Glad it ended abruptly and I can move on. I was surprised by the superiority and general classless attitude of the recruiter considering the tremendous reviews in the media and Glassdoor. I guess you never know until you do. I'm glad I do now.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

6 interviews - 2 with HR via phone, 1 with sales manager via phone, 3 in-person.
    Interview process was difficult, but I prepared and had the metrics to back it up. Be sure to be prepared. If you don't actually want to be in sales long-term, I wouldn't waste your time. I had a positive interview experience and really liked everyone I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel back to any time frame in history, what would it be and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

2 rounds with internal recruiters, and then a final onsite with a current SDR and two of the SDR team managers.

First two rounds with the recruiters were very straight-forward, made it sound like the process would move smooth. Final round was less than smooth. The first SDR I was speaking with didn't know my name, and had no questions prepared for me. I felt like I was the one who was facilitating the interview. The second round was just having questions fired at me for 40 minutes, some of which has nothing to do with sales or the job because they want to see how you "handle curveballs." At the end when closing the interviewers I found the hesitations they had quite rude and less about the role overall but instead about me personally. I've heard from other people who interviewed here that the process and interview was quite crass, and I could not agree more. Left a very bad taste in my mouth and walked away feeling extremely put off. Could not wait to get out of the building.

Interview Questions

• Who is your biggest inspiration? What is the one question you wished we'd asked you? How would you explain Salesforce to someone who didn't know what it is? Why Salesforce?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2015.

Interview

Referral, got a call from an account executive to talk about the position and Salesforce. Was asked about sales experience specifically with software, my background experience, and what I know about Salesforce. Was referred to another account executive from potential team to work with. Had a 20 minute call, was asked why I want to work in sales, what my background is, why Salesforce, and things that are on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Why I do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

20 minute phone call. I described my past work experience. Was asked a couple simple question. Ultimately I didn't get the position due to lack of sales experience- even though my experience would be a great fit for many other positions there, they require you to start in sales for about a year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in sales/ Why would you be a good fit for this position?   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I was referred through a friend. The process took about 2 weeks. First I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then was invited in for an in-person interview. At the in-person interview, I first met with a Sales Rep for 30 minutes and then with a panel of three managers for about an hour. They want to see that you're energetic, articulate, competitive and excited about Salesforce. I had a very positive experience but ultimately accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Salesforce? Why sales? How would you explain Salesforce to somebody on the street? If we were to ask your current boss, what would she say is a strength of yours and what is a weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews, 2 onsiteinterviews the last as a group presentation. The presentation was to describe a deal I had done at a previous company. You get 30 minutes start to finish and graded highly on interaction. I was told the interviews and presentation went well and they had no feedback (not helpful and made me feel as if my time was wasted), I was heavily recruited by them and they called/emailed me for over a year before I went in to interview and to get 0 feedback was unprofessional. All I was told was "not a fit". In the interview process I was continually asked why you would want to join SF. Very young sales team, almost cult like in their view of the company. Not a very welcoming environment and got the impression that if you were not 22, you probably would not fit in. Should have stuck with my gut and not bothered interviewing.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I had two initial phone screenings with a recruiter which were pretty basic. She went through my resume and made sure I had enough sales experience to move on to the next round. The next round consisted of an in-person panel interview with upper management. They once again go over your resume and ask you questions throughout the panel. Why do you want to be in sales? Why Salesforce? How competitive are you? Etc.

Overall, everyone I dealt with throughout the process was very helpful and eager to coach you up to succeed in the interviews. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• Elevator pitch describing Salesforce to your grandmother   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. All SR's start out the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a recruiter, who seemed to have already decided she didn't want to hire me before even speaking to me. She asked about my resume (wanted to confirm a few things), spoke awkwardly about how we would have a conversation on the phone (isn't that what we're doing right now?), informed me about a few obvious things in a condescending manner and then told me that there were candidates with more to offer than me. Not great at her job. Salesforce can probably do better and uh so can I!

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question