Salesforce Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I met a recruiter through a career fair. They got back to me, and gave me a chance to interview with them. I had a phone interview, then an onsite interview (2 interviews each 1 hour).

Interview Questions

• Phone screen involved a coding question (sorting an array). Most difficult question was about systems (don't remember exactly, but I know I expected to code but was given a systems question)   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had two phone conversations prior to the onsite. The first conversation with an inbound recruiter was very pleasant and lasted about 20 minutes. We went over some of my answers and she gave me great feedback on how to strengthen the points. The second phone conversation with a different recruiter was very helpful as well and was mostly to prep for the onsite. Only advice for the onsite: do the research beforehand! Everyone is very friendly but essentially you have this one onsite to show your personality and your best.

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was very helpful and patient. While the problem that they posed was not very difficult- it was still pretty challenging and confusing. Other questions were based on the work written in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Given a string of letters and a dictionary, how will you add spaces in the string to separate eleigible words.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Probably due to being an employee referral, I didn't go through an initial phone screen, but was scheduled for an onsite visit to talk with 5 people in the area I was applying. While I wasn't selected as the ideal candidate for that role, after a week I was invited back to go through another round of interviews for a different position that I also felt was a much better fit. In the end I got the offer and I'm very happy!

Interview Questions

• They asked a few questions about Agile practices and experiences   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I utilized Glassdoor quite a bit throughout my interview process at Salesforce. Everyone's experience was very insightful, but it was the reviews that received a thumbs down that I was most interested in. Some people said the rounds of interviews are frustrating. Some people were mad because they interviewed for one position and then they were rerouted to another, having to start the process all over again. Others are upset because people were late and the process is lengthy. Here's what I realized going through this process...

After being rerouted 3 times, having 8 phone screens, 3 in-person interviews and a presentation I had to face the fact that people at Salesforce are just very busy. It's nothing personal when they are getting through your interviews and they are being direct. They know what they're looking for and you either hit the mark or you don't. If you don't, try again. I was told no THREE times before I received a yes. It took me a few times to really understand their point of view and the way in which they approach these meetings. They are not long winded at all and they are looking for clear and concise answers to their questions. Answer the question, move on. It's that simple. The process is long because they are very serious about placing the right people. Salesforce spends a lot of time and energy as it pertains to training and investing in new hires and their current employees. There's a reason they have a 4.2 rating on Glassdoor. People are happy and it's because they go to extra lengths to put people in areas where they can work at their highest potential.

My recruiter was fantastic. She stuck by me and really believed in me as a candidate regardless of the rejection I had received previously. Bottom line, this is not a feelings game, this is about business and if you really want it, you keep trying. This is an organization filled with 10K people, there's bound to be a bad experience at some point. If that initial experience leaves a bad taste in your mouth and you're willing to give up, this probably isn't the place for you. Salesforce is about collaborating, working hard, winning, having fun and giving back. If you can't deal with tiny bumps, you don't deserve to work here.

Interview Questions

Salesforce Response

Jan 19, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share such an insightful interview review with the Glassdoor community! You provided some very valuable context, and did your research, which clearly paid off in the ... More

Customer Success Manager - Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Best experience I've ever had interviewing with a company. I started with several telephone informational interviews which led to three phone interviews for an identified position followed by one in-person interview. Everyone was extremely nice, professional and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What is your approach for becoming a trusted advisor with clients?   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely positive and transparent. Other companies could take the process Salesforce uses. I had 2 separate telephone screens (1 recruiter and 1 hiring manager) which was followed by all day onsite interviews with 6 individuals.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing with Salesforce was quite different from other companies. The assumption was by the time you came onsite for interviews it was not so much a question of your skills and accomplishments (as evidenced from your CV) but rather how well you'd get along and integrate within Salesforce and the group you'd be joining.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Seamless with help every step of the way. From the moment you speak to a recruiter (who will also be your guide throughout the interview process) to when you are doing your final presentation, you experience a well thought out process of a company that knows what type of candidates they want joining their Ohana and representing Salesforce. Step 1: screen with recruiter, Step 2: 1:1 interviews or panel, Step 3: Presentation to hiring managers, (potential) Step 4: speak to VP. My best advice is to COMMUNICATE with your recruiter - they are extremely helpful and will answer any questions you may have. My recruiter was AMAZING, and was an integral part in getting me my #dreamjob. Also, don't go into this process thinking this will be easy; it is not. Prepare, prepare, prepare - "winging it" won't get you an offer.

Interview Questions

• During the presentation: What customers have had success with your product?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via email and scheduled a call. Upon our conversation, recruiter was direct and asking about compensation. Explained briefly about benefits. Talked about job, reporting manager and culture of SF. Friendly demeanor. Followed-up phone call was more about benefits and negotiation about base compensation. Easy to deal with and no pressure whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking for in terms of compensation?   Answer Question

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had. They were very transparent about the process and want to make sure you're prepared to knock it out of the park. After a nice lunch which also served as a panel interview, we jumped into the presentation phase. Preparation and practice are keys to success in this role play excercise.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very professional and based on experience in specific situations. They also spent a lot of time discussing potential fit within the team and the overall Salesforce family.   Answer Question