Salesforce Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Had five separate interviews. The questions were thought provoking and several behavioral questions were asked. The recruiting team is very organized and leads you step by step through the process.

I would suggest reading the book Behind the Cloud as it gives you a clear understanding as to what Salesforce is looking for as far as "fit" and culture. Many questions are asked that directly pertain to this.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe the core values of Salesforce are and how would you embrace them in this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The VP on the team with the open position reached out to a friend of mine, who referred him to me. We had an initial phone screen, following which I was invited to interview on-site the following morning (a Friday) with 4 members of the team. The recruiter reached out the following Monday afternoon, and scheduled the second round of on-site interviews with 3 additional members of the team for Tuesday morning. Approximately a week later, I received a formal offer for the position.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

straightfoward and organized. Coordination was easy. I got a really good idea of the job and description from manager was pretty realistic. Also met the team I'm working with and that was a great experience. I learned a lot about the team I would be working with.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Challenging interview process. Initial phone call with a recruiter to chat about my work experience and skill set, followed by a phone interview with my hiring manager to discuss the position including normal interview questions. Next week had a 4 hour long interview where I met with 5 senior employees. Followed up with me 2 hours after the interview was over to let me know I moved on to the final round. A week later, I gave a 15 minute presentation to the same people I had met previously. Presentation was on the value of Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Essentially pitching the product to a fake mid-sized retailer. Heard from recruiter the next day.

Very fast interview process and prompt and quick responses from the recruiter. Excellent HR.

Interview Questions

• 3 things about yourself that you want to share before leaving.
      Why Salesforce? What are your goals? Biggest achievements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was one phone interview each with the recruiter and the hiring manager. After that, I was given a 1-hr coding exercise that I can do it on my own time.
    The on-site interview was a whole day event. It has 1/3 technical and 2/3 managerial.

Overall, it's a very smooth process. Recruiter keeps me updated through out the process from submitting my resume to receiving an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Such BS!! Had an internal referral, spoke to the recruiter, then the hiring manager who hyped up the role and team and showed great enthusiasm and invited me onsite. Recruiter was in touch to schedule the interview and was in constant contact and then suddenly went dark. After following up numerous times they said they went with an internal candidate. This happened again a year later for the same team... Super unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a total of five interviews over a one and-a-half week time span. The entire interview process was pretty breezy, as interviews go. Once i got past the first one, it was smooth sailing. The people I met at Salesforce during my interview process are the reason I accepted! Salesforce has been my home for some time now, and I couldn't be more happy with my decision to join them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you failed and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted my Salesforce.com recruiter via LinkedIn. I had all the skills they were looking for, according to her.

Passed her phone screen. Contacted by hiring manager. No problem with the interview. Contacted by a technical screen. No problems there either. Recruiter was going to get in touch with me for scheduling an in-person interview the following week. Cleaned out my schedule and planned on taking a day off.

However, I was told by the recruiter, after having to call her after she passed the time on when she would call me, to get an update. She said there have been some developments in the position and wanted to talk to me ASAP.

Turns out that she left me a 2 minute voicemail explaining how they are now re-evaluating the position so I'm now out of the running because I do not have Java. In spite of this, they want to keep me around because they're still really interested in me. It sounds like they are screening external candidates so they can put someone who is internal in that position. I have no proof of this, but I've experienced this before at another company for a different position.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: Do you know Java? No where on my resume does it say I know Java, and if that is a qualification, it should be stated in the beginning.

None of the questions were particularly difficult, and the people seemed overall nice.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salesforce in July 2012.

Interview

my work spoke for itself
    interview process very relaxed
    spoke to the right people, not too many, not too few

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2012.

Interview

Took about 3 months from initial email to offer. Had over 11 interviews over this time, mostly in person.

Interview Questions

• Specific question surrounding a marketing outreach I was not familiar which made it difficult to answer completely   Answer Question