Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

This was a remote interview process for a remote position. I had a phone screen with the recruiter, who explained the job, and the application process, and confirmed whether I wanted to go forward. Next, I met with the manager for the open position. He asked background questions, in terms of what I had done, was currently doing, etc., as well as questions about how I felt working 100% remotely.

After this. I was contacted to do a programming test, which involved developing a piece of functionality on Salesforce from a functional spec, providing that project to the manager and one of their architects, and explaining answering questions about how I approached it, and why I made certain decisions. After this, I had more interviews with additional team members, to give them a chance to see if I was a good fit, both technically and culturally, and to give me exposure to the team and an opportunity to ask more questions and gain insight into the environment/workplace.

I received an offer a few days following my interview, in which the recruiter took me through the offer, worked out a start date, and covered the benefits and remainder of the process in detail— taking additional questions as well.

The recruiter, and process was very thorough, enjoyable, rigorous, and ... everything you would expect from a place like Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• Compare similarities and differences between Salesforce and Java Web environments.
    How do you feel about working remotely?
    What would you do first, if hired?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Two short phone screens (30-45 mins each):
    - One with the hiring manager: more informational, and assessing fit with the division/role within the company
    - One with a technical member of staff: technical questions on projects you've worked on in the past plus some basic operating system/programming language questions. No live coding/white boarding at this stage.

After the phone screens, I was invited onsite for a day of interviews. These were all technical interviews with coding/whiteboarding questions, plus some architectural questions. I was free to use a coding language of my choice that I was comfortable in.

I'd say that the in person technical interviews were of average difficulty, but I did spend a good amount of time practicing coding questions, so that may have brought the difficulty down for me a little bit. I'd highly recommend practicing before you go in, especially if it's been a while since you've done data structure and algorithm coding exercises which are more common in the interview phase and less so afterwards (e.g. Binary tree and graph traversal, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Perform a level-order traversal of a binary tree. Describe the space and time complexity of your solution.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in August 2018.

Interview

I applied to the position. I had an initial screening call, and then had two calls with members of the technical team. I then had an all day technical interview pair programming with another member of the team.

Interview Questions

• I pair programmed with a member of the team. In my opinion this is the correct way to interview candidates, and I considered this to be a sign of a good team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in August 2018.

Interview

Typically the interview process includes a phone interview and another 4 interviews onsite. The HR is nice to work with. He is on top of things all the time and helps all along starting from the preparation for the interview.

Interview Questions

• As per the NDA i cannot disclose the exact questions I was asked. But be prepared with multithreading, synchronization, back tracking, graph traversals, CI/CD and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very collegial. I never felt that I was being quizzed or interrogated, but the three in-depth conversations I had with team members were wide-ranging and technical.

My interlocutors ably drew me out in discussing my abilities and work style, and were very communicative about what Salesforce looks for and what the culture of the organization was like. It was one of the lowest-stress interview processes I've taken part in, which seemed to me to reflect my interviewers' confidence in their ability to understand and assess the people they're considering as potential colleagues without descending to Torquemadean pressures. I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• What technical feature do you not know as much about but are excited about learning next?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

There was a timed (3hr) coding test on a variety of web skills. These are in fact terrifying but it was really a reasonable time period for the tests. I often run out of time but was able to use most of the last hour to triple check my work.

This earned me two (bc two teams) in person interviews. One team asked almost completely behavioral and history questions. Every one was professional. Second team asked some backend questions bc they new I wanted to grow in that direction but also asked a lot of behavioral questions bc culture is HUGE here. Got an offer from the second group that also happened to get me VERY excited about their product!

Interview Questions

• Again, what I had done in the past and how I handled difficult situations. Keep in mind this is a very mature org and egotists are not usually tolerated. 'Certainly not in my corner of this co!   Answer Question
    • Got to show off some memories of both Django ORM and SQLAlchemy. Luckily exact syntax was not expected!   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in February 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a Salesforce employee, spoke with a recruiter in a few days. A day later I received both an email and a call from a R&D technical recruiter and was invited to a tech meet up where I met with hiring managers. I took the 2 hour remote programming test and was scheduled for my on site the following week. The recruiter got back to me a day later. Very efficient!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of phone interview with this company. A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and the process started. The first round was a list of java questions asked by a recruiter. I found that a bit strange as she could not quite catch my answers and was typing it verbatim. I had a 2nd round of phone screen with the hiring manager. It was a pleasant experience. I liked the way some questions were targeted around situations and behaviors like how did you resolve a difficult problem etc. There was one algorithmic question for which I had to answer over phone. Collab Edit would have been more effective as they can see what ure typing. But this was over phone you had to explain the algorithm. Next I had a Remote Programming Test. The interviewer was on a got-to meeting. She gave me a zip file that had the problem statement. The write up was about 2 pages long with inputs, conditions and expected output etc. She dint go over the problem with me. She said, go through it and ask me if you have questions. Your time starts now, I will need your code in exactly 2 hrs. It took me a while to understand the problem, the conditions and figure an algorithm. The question was about building an installer that had components dependent on one another. You cant install a component unless its dependents are installed. Likewise you cant remove a component, if there is another component dependent on it. The problem wasn't hard but certainly it was challenging to produce clean code in the given time. I started the algorithm and debugged my APIs as and when I built. I ran out of time to hook up with the given input etc. I couldn't finish it , couldn't comment my code well or review the APIs etc. I was not selected for the next round. I dint get a proper feedback from them either....except that my code doesn't match their job role.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult in terms of the interview questions as such. The rpt test could have been better where the interviewer ran over the problem first with me and then started the clock. I lost time in understanding the question myself. A 10-20 extra minutes would have helped me produce cleaner code. In fact, I spent an extra hour after the interview and completed it incl testing with the given inputs and conditions.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

some are technical but others are not. It varies by dept and interviewers

Interview Questions

• most of them are not so tough. It seems like you will be judged by not just your technical skills but also your personality   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

I have got the call from salesforce HR recruiter. Cleared online coding round and called for face to face interview on week day at Hyderabad office. Had 2 f2f interviews. Interviewers were professionals and knew how and what to access. After few days, got the call from receuiter and had one video interview. Then did not heard any feedback from receuiter. Called HR for followup after one week. At that time got the response that I need to give one more round. Gave one more interview on video call. After that again heard nothing from HR.
    Salesforce is famous for smooth recruitment process, but my experience is totaly opposite of that. 5/5 points for interviewers, but 0/5 points for recruitment team. If a candidate has invested this much time in interviews of your company then he deserve atleast a feedback email. Whole process took approx 45 days, and recruitment team was not at all active at any point of time.
    Just a suggestion to salesforce. Please train your recruiters to share feedback and clear picture with candidate. Such recruiter create negative impact on brand of company.