Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

3.1

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through internal referral program. Four steps involved in the interview process: phone call screen from hiring manager, 2hrs remote technical test, two on-site interviews( from two different teams). Overall, all the interviewers are well nice, knowledgeable, and response is very quick after interviews. Recruiters are very kind, and they will try to help you position to other teams if the feedback is positive from interview but the team gets better candidate.

Interview Questions

• Even this is development position, they asked a lot of QA testing question too.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reached through LinkedIn. Telephonic conversation with them. Scheduled telephonic coding interview. Interviewer didn’t showed up, needed to reschedule. Next time I got some important work so missed it. Then sent an email to recruiter to reschedule. Received response from recruiter that they are moving ahead with other candidates. I

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied via friend reference. I was contacted few days after and my recruiting coordinator got all info about me and my next role wishes. I was contacted by few more technical recruiters for specific positions. It was regular process then, Hiring manager -> technical interview -> onsite -> offer.
    After talking with hiring manager I got 3 hours task on HackerRank. Not super hard, more design solution.
    I got an offer just a few hours after onsite. That was hilarious for this big company. I did not expect that so fast.
    Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• there was 3 hours for implement their task. It was HackerRank task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was initial HMgr Phone Interview. There were questions about my previous experience and other general questions. Lot of emphasis on how my previous experience suits the current job description.

Interview Questions

• Code high level class hierarchy to implement a Library system that includes Library book checkouts, returns, search based on title, partial title search, author, ISBN and other meta data.

There were questions about why I chose a particular Data structure and how it can scale in terms of future changes and Performance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter , management and the team were all very professional and great to interact with . The process was very transparent , with updates on the process and also information on other potential candidates. After an online interview which involves coding , the next steps are team interview which are a mix of coding and design questions.

Interview Questions

• Data structure and algorithm related questions as well as design questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process went smoothly to me. I was lucky to work with a great recruiter who organized the process really well. My messages were replied very quickly, All interviews started in time, I met with interesting people who asked relevant questions. Whole process from my first reply till offer got less than 3 weeks

I went through 3 rounds of interviews:
    Phone screening - about 45 min, were talking mostly about my experience. I also got a chance to ask my interviewer and got very good picture of what team is working on what skills team is looking for.
    Online Coding Interview - interviewed by SF team. I received coding task about 30 min before interview started. I got 2 hours to write working program, on a language by my choice (I chose Java) and send results back.

Onsite Interview in Tampa, FL - Set of panel interviews by Community Cloud team

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions "Tell me about time when you..."
      Database questions - document based vs relational, transactions
      System Design questions - architect backend for a system that can handle billion messages daily
      Design Questions -
      Various coding challenges to test algorithms knowledge, complexity estimation, design patterns as well as coding abilities (whiteboard coding)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

TL;DR: The entire interview was a highly enjoyable experience with a group of highly committed and talented employees who enjoy their work and love their company. Everything was prompt, transparent and well-done, and you will be happy and successful working here.

I contacted a company recruiter on LinkedIn, who pointed me to an open role that matched my skill set and background nicely. Both the recruiter and the hiring manager were very responsive and engaging from the beginning, moving the interview process along rapidly.

After a remote technical phone screen, we did an onsite interview early the following week. The interviewers were clearly talented and enthusiastic about their work. I was interviewed on both domain specific (i.e., networking, security, cloud) as well as general CS (i.e., software engineering, languages, data structures, algorithms) topics in depth. The questions were clear and well-thought and every interviewer was helpful and engaged throughout the process. I could feel the much touted Salesforce Ohana culture already.

The hiring manager and the recruiter were quick with their decision. They had a clear vision, job description and initial project, as well as a career trajectory plan for me at Saleforce, which impressed me, because, ultimately, it's the work and the team that plays a big part in one's happiness and success. They were highly helpful and willing to answer any questions I had about Salesforce and my fit there.

The offer was also quick and highly generous. Throughout this entire process, my impression was I was engaging with great potential colleagues who want to set me up for success at Salesforce.

Because I was interested in a more data- and math-oriented role, I accepted another offer, but I'm certain that I could do nothing wrong and still be happy and successful with such a company and colleagues as at Salesforce.

Interview Questions

• A good mixture of general CS technical questions (data structures, algorithms, problem solving),   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Sep 19, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Glassdoor community. I'm happy to read that you appreciated the process, and that our recruiting team was effective and responsive throughout. Congrats on... More

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. I had three onsite interviews. Everyone was professional and there were plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the organization, structure, and how I fit into the position. There was a bit of white boarding, but it was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process you designed and developed that you are most proud of.
      Questions on object oriented design and test driven development.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce in June 2017.

Interview

I applied to job online and interviewer reached out to me. After a couple of email exchanges, recruiter set up a interview with hiring manager who was located in europe. I did a interview really early in the morning to speak with the manager.

After our discussion he told me that I have to take a coding test. This was not a phone screen but a hackerrank style coding challenge with some mediocre tool design at Salesforce itself. For some weird reason I was told whatever day I decide to take test on, I have to finish the test before 1:00 PM (my time).

Test of scheduled on a Saturday. I was sent a link to the test question and name of the person I should reach out to if I had any questions. I had no idea who that person was where was he/she located. I did not want to wake someone up at 4:00 AM in the morning asking why the test link was not working or if question is unclear ask follow up questions, especially if I have never talked to that person before.

On the day of the test link sent by Salesforce didn't work. I spent 20 mins trying with different browsers, clearing browser caches etc.

I wrote back to the recruiter and the hiring manager that link didn't work and that it was not good experience for candidate. To my surprise hiring manager wrote back saying 'This happens from time to time and I have to retake the test'.

I had to write back to tell him it was not my fault that link didn't work, if hiring manager already knows that Salesfroces' mediocre system doesn't work, he should not be using it or give candidate head up about it. Of course never heard back either from the hiring manager or the recruiter.

Imagine if my internet connection had broken, I highly doubt hiring would have considered my situation and had given me another chance.

If you are asked for the online test, do ask their system works or not. I wonder how come company that cares so little about the potential employees sells 'customer relationship management' software.

Interview Questions

• I didn't get to see the interview question, but based on the sample input file attached to the mail I think it was a simple graph question ( topological sort).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter. She explained the role, the team for which the position was open for and asked some questions about my skill sets. She then scheduled a telephonic interview.
    The phone interview was on my current role, some design questions and some basic technical questions. He also explained their team roaster, modules on which they work on. I got an update after two days.

Next was remote programming round. I was given a problem statement and two hours to solve that problem. The coordinator explained the criteria that they would use to evaluate the solution. They look for use of proper design pattern, data structures, scaling, efficiency, completeness, etc. At the end of the test, the coordinator discussed the solution and asked what else I could done if I had some more time.

Next one was a on-site round. There was multiple rounds covering various aspects like coding, design, quality, scalability. The overall difficulty level was medium. Last one was the lunch/personal round where they gave me sufficient tiem to ask any question, understand my interest, why salesforce etc. Overall, it was a very good discussion.

The overall coordination from recruiter was very good. I can definitely say that it was one of the best interview experience I had so far.

Interview Questions

• Under NDA so can't explain much but it was more on data structure, OOP concepts, system design, quality, scalability, performance.   Answer Question