Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. I had three onsite interviews. Everyone was professional and there were plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the organization, structure, and how I fit into the position. There was a bit of white boarding, but it was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process you designed and developed that you are most proud of.
    Questions on object oriented design and test driven development.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from recruiter. She explained the role, the team for which the position was open for and asked some questions about my skill sets. She then scheduled a telephonic interview.
    The phone interview was on my current role, some design questions and some basic technical questions. He also explained their team roaster, modules on which they work on. I got an update after two days.

Next was remote programming round. I was given a problem statement and two hours to solve that problem. The coordinator explained the criteria that they would use to evaluate the solution. They look for use of proper design pattern, data structures, scaling, efficiency, completeness, etc. At the end of the test, the coordinator discussed the solution and asked what else I could done if I had some more time.

Next one was a on-site round. There was multiple rounds covering various aspects like coding, design, quality, scalability. The overall difficulty level was medium. Last one was the lunch/personal round where they gave me sufficient tiem to ask any question, understand my interest, why salesforce etc. Overall, it was a very good discussion.

The overall coordination from recruiter was very good. I can definitely say that it was one of the best interview experience I had so far.

Interview Questions

• Under NDA so can't explain much but it was more on data structure, OOP concepts, system design, quality, scalability, performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth from applying it online, HR discussion, coding test, video call online technical discussion, in-person interview with 4 rounds of managerial/HR/technical discussions. Overall the process was seamless and enjoyed going through it with hardly any hurdles.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Salesforce   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied via employee referral. A recruiter contacted me and explained the role, the team and also the interview process. Next came a telephone interview with the hiring manager, who explained what his team were doing and what was expected. There were a few technical questions but nothing detailed. Got a call from the recruiter in a couple of days to set up an onsite interview date. Due to a family emergency I was unable to attend the onsite on the scheduled date, but the recruiter was kind enough to accommodate me for the next week.

Onsite I had 5 interviews of 45 minutes each, 1 with the hiring manager, 2 with other software dev managers and 2 with engineers. Was mostly asked questions based on my resume. There were only a couple of simple coding questions - the rest of the interview was mostly scenario based. All the interviewers were very professional and answered my questions satisfactorily.

The recruiter got back with a

Interview Questions

• Wide ranging questions on system design, scalability, coding standards, teamwork examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salesforce (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Got an email from internal recruiter April last week (no phone conversation)
    She asks for timings to schedule a telephonic with hiring manager
    Provided my availability for next 3 days
    Didn't hear back anything for next 4 days
    She comes back and ask for availability after 3 weeks - Manager is Busy!
    After 3 weeks, manager comes on the phone
    Tells me he is not sure why he is taking the interview, informs me he is having a release and nobody available to take the interviews, he might contact back after a month
    Still, asks me behavioral questions for half an hour. My best project, my worst one, what I'll do when something happens in project, what I am gonna do if Pigs start flying or cats&dogs live together kind of things, 0 technical!
    Ok, nothing happens next 4 weeks
    I put up a follow up email
    HR responds that she gonna check back
    After a month, she replies :)
    "Thanks for applying to the position, team has changed the skillset requirement they want!"

Team just took close to 3 months to figure out the skill set they opened a position earlier ;-)

Not judging, it was fun, just sharing the experience!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very dignified and fitting a Senior role. The interview focus was mainly on my capability to solve problems. There was an open discussion about the ways I could help them solve some of the problems they faced. There were questions about automation and monitoring. Interviewers talked about company culture and their experiences. Overall the interview experience was very good.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

One phone screen + 6 people onsite interview. Ate lunch with hiring manager, all the people I met were very nice and friendly. Looking forward to joining the Salesforce Ohana.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, all about the CS rudimentary knowledge. Met really nice people there. I will be really happy to join the Ohana.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard interview, phone screen with recruiter, google hangout with hiring manager (he was traveling otherwise would of been in house), in house interview with 5 people. The process was great, completely transparent when I asked about benefits the recruiter sent a link to all of the benefits which are out in the open for anyone to see.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions where hands on white board design questions. They are more interested in how you think and how you approached a problem and solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Initially it was brief call with recruiter and she referred me to other teams.One team was interested in interviewing me .I had phone call interview with Director , then 2.5 hours Remote test and then onsite of 4 rounds.Each round had 2 people and finally I had call with VP of Engineering before they made me offer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through a referral, and a recruiter got in touch with me to set up a phone call with him. He briefly described the position, asked me some career questions, and then asked when a good time to schedule a technical phone screen would be.

Phone screen was standard -- easy-to-understand problem statement, code a solution using a collaborative editing session. Problem was easy/medium difficulty. I got the sense that the solution wasn't as important as my rationale, demeanor and questions I asked. Phone screener was very nice, knowledgable, prompt, and patient with the many questions I had for him about the job.

Next step was a remote programming test. I demurred a little, because I hate take-home tests on principle (of coding for free, with typically a vague problem statement that could take anywhere from 2-10 hours). However, I was alright with this one because it had a strict two hour limit. A different phone screener sent me the problem, then called me to answer any questions I had. He then said he'd call back in 2 hours and ask for my solution. The problem was fun to work on, and I think very appropriate for a two hour window. I liked the timebox because it forced me to work in priority order -- first get it working, then refactor, then try to clean up the code.

After the remote test was over, they wanted to fly me to the office. Recruiter was very helpful taking care of all the details, and prepping me on what to expect. At the office, I had five interviews with six different people and a lunch (which I see as a personal interview). Questions all involved some form of whiteboard coding, as well as open-ended design questions. Some questions were quite difficult, and I know I didn't answer them 100% correct. Again, I think solving the problem was of 2nd importance, behind demeanor and communication.

Recruiter followed up after about a week and a half to extend an offer, and I said yes after some negotiation.