Salesforce Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.9

134 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Process began with a 30-minute phone screen with the technical recruiter. He briefly described the position and team and we went over the details of my resume. Next was a 30-minute Google Meet interview with the team manager the following week, which was a bit more technical but overall still high-level (no whiteboarding or specific code questions). I was given a 2.5 hour technical test which I had a week to complete.

The final step was an in-person interview, where I met with about 8 people over the course of a few hours. This involved a mix of more traditional, behavioral questions, high-level technical questions, and code whiteboard questions.

I was presented with an offer within a week of the in-person interview. The entire process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• What are you not good at? Can you describe a time that you failed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied for a Software Engineer position, particularly emphasized on JavaScript, but at some point Salesforce randomly decided to switch the position I was interviewing for to more of a UX team role, which was not particularly up my alley, but I was wiling to do nonetheless. The interview questions were pretty easy and they had a pretty extensive project that I had to do in GitHub that was also easy, but tedious. Probably wasted about 4 hours on that. I eventually went on-site and I thought we kicked it off pretty well, but after the on-site I got summarily dismissed without any explanation in email by the recruiter, who suggested I apply for other engineer positions that did not exist on the career website. Note, again, that I originally went for a JavaScript engineering position, but they randomly decided to throw me into a role of a UX liaison halfway through the entire process. I later found out, after the entire ordeal, that the original position I applied for was removed from the website and they added the UX/Engineering liaison position.

Still, in an effort to improve myself, I politely asked for some clarification as to why they thought I would not be a good fit for the position, as I thought the interviews went very well and the team members seemed to like my answers. I further asked for clarification on what was meant by the other positions, since the ones directly referenced in the email did not exist on their website. I never got a response to any of these questions.

The unprofessional dismissal by email and the lack of follow up by the recruiter, made the overall experience very distasteful. I could reference that recruiter directly by name, but I'll take the high rode and be much more professional than she was. The rest of the Salesforce team was very nice and gave a good view into the company and the position they wanted me on, but the recruiter's lack of professionalism ruined the entire experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about JavaScript functionality, like closures, prototyping, and the like. Also had a rather tedious project I had to clone and commit to on GitHub.   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Jul 31, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experience here on Glassdoor. I frequently look at reviews and communicate any areas of concern back to my team. It's disappointing to learn that you received no feedback... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

As all other interviews state, the process was very efficient. Contacted by HR the day after I applied online and we had a good conversation about the job. Next round was a technical phone screen with the Hiring Manager. This was followed by a coding exercise I had to complete within a stipulated time period. Final round was a Google Meet with seniors in the team. The feedback for each round were shared within 2-3 days

Interview Questions

• Conversations started with what's listed on the resume, leading to more in depth technical discussions on the same.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce in May 2017.

Interview

Best interview process ever. They have all the requirements and details sorted out. The recruiters and team members discuss everything in detail with utmost attention. Great at providing quick feedbacks.
    The whole process took almost 2 months. It was a 3 step process (phone HR interview, technical video interview + coding with the team, onsite technical interview + coding with the team).
    Know the basic concepts really well, garbage collection, data structures, and Leetcode medium level practice is good enough.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the hiring manager via Google Hangouts. There was a code interview that required me to complete a short project. Then there was an onsite interview in which I spoke to 9 different people in groups of 2. Some were there, onsite. Some were remote via Google Hangout.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to spend your required charitable time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I met a recruiter through a career fair. They got back to me, and gave me a chance to interview with them. I had a phone interview, then an onsite interview (2 interviews each 1 hour).

Interview Questions

• Phone screen involved a coding question (sorting an array). Most difficult question was about systems (don't remember exactly, but I know I expected to code but was given a systems question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Burlington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

- First phone call with one of the team member
    - then there was 4 interviews of 30 mins
    1. 2 team member - asked mostly about Java and design models
    2. Manager - More about resume and project discussion
    3. HR
    4. Another 2 team member - Mostly on Front end technology

Interview Questions

• Object oriented model, Spring architecture, Resume discussion , AngularJs, CSS   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process for a large company. Phone Screen -> Phone Interview -> On-site Interview. The phone screens are with an HR recruiter and pretty standard, basically confirms information on your resume to try to make sure you're qualified for openings. The phone interview had some technical questions, but was mostly to talk about ideas/concepts and how the team works to determine if it would be a good fit. The onsite was a little more in-depth, talked to several members from the team and a sister team that all asked some technical questions and asked about experiences listed on my resume. Everyone was very professional, and there were a lot of opportunities to ask questions about the organization, structure, and how the position fit in. There was a bit of whiteboarding, but nothing strange or overkill.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

What can I say? Somehow Salesforce has hit the niche market and continued its ascension despite it's dysfunction. I honestly do not understand how this company still makes money. The management structure is full of managers who came from big companies such as Microsoft and Oracle leading to a culture just as you would expect with leadership from those organizations. The most telling sign is the fact that they don't believe in cafes. No building in downtown SF has food either subsidized or not. Now, I don't care about that as a perk as an employee but the logistic of having thousands and thousands of employees in downtown SF go out for lunch daily is costing the company millions and millions in lost productivity. Just think about the time wasted for each employee to take the elevator down , walk get food, eat, walk back, take the elevator back up to their desk. That's well over an hour per employee per day. All in the name of "community". They want you to patronize local restaurants. Fine, but aren't we here to make money?

The interview process was sloppy, at best. Disorganized and tragic really. Poor communication and inability to plan with everyone's "schedules". It's basically a disaster. It's a 1 year old company with 18 years of experience doing the same thing.

I'll say it again, never hire anyone from yahoo, microsoft or salesforce.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

I applied online and also recieved an employee referral. I was contacted by a recruiter and I was told about the different areas that Salesforce was working on, as well as their interview process. After a few days they contacted me for a phone interview. Nothing too difficult, but there were brain teasers involved.

Interview Questions

• Delete duplicate element in a Linked List   1 Answer