Salesforce Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salesforce Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

3.5

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview starts with a discussion with the recruiter which was very involved and monitored all the steps closely afterwards.
There is an initial technical screening with on-line programming questions/challenges.
Different from other interviews is a second technical interview over the phone/web, where you share your screen while resolving a more difficult programming challenge within 45 minutes.

If you passed, there will be on-site meetings for a day with the team manager for discussion and about 3 technical interview sessions with 1-2 interviewers each.

Interview Questions

• Initial technical phone screening with 1-2 programming questions.
    Second technical phone screening 45 minutes hands on programming challenge.
    On-site personality and technical interviews 3-4 sessions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied via their website and got an email from the recruiter within a couple of weeks to schedule the initial phone interview. Spoke with either a Lead or a Manager during the phone interview and felt comfortable as he was really polite and interested in what I was saying. Discussed my resume and my experience in what they were looking for following which he asked me a simple technical question and unit tests for the code. Then he asked some general questions about testing and spent a considerable amount of time answering the questions I have about the position or the company.

Got invited for the second round the very next day. It was a 2 hour coding test with a 2 page question. It was a lot of fun to do and I felt like I did a good job with my logic and use of data structures. The next day I was invited onsite for the final rounds of interview.

Final round consisted of three rounds which consisted of Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented concepts, Behavioral questions etc. The people were friendly and were very welcoming. They all seemed to really love working at Salesforce. All my interviews went well except for one of them in which the interviewer's spoken english wasn't great and so it was difficult for me to design the classes he wanted me to because he couldn't articulate his requirements well. If this would have gone better I feel I would have received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA so can't really divulge any questions. Overall it isn't a very tough interview. They are more interested in understanding how you think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the recruiter. Had a phone screen, a coding problem to be completed in couple of hours and then onsite.
    Onsite consisted of both 1:1 as well as panel.

Interview Questions

• 1. Hash tables concepts and implement a hash table
      2. circular linked list
      3. Write test cases for a registration form
      4. Level order traversal
      5. Determine if given string is palindrome   2 Answers

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Had two phone interviews: first one went over the resume and the second one was technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

On site interview full day 4 rounds. 15-20 candidates and the rounds rotate.
    1) QA methodology round: QA test a vending machine (see below)
    2) Question round: this one can catch you off guard. You don't get asked the questions... YOU ASK THE QUESTIONS. Come up with some good ones regarding the job, and what you are looking for from a company.
    3) Algorithms round: you are asked to make a game on the spot using different objects and asked to justify your choices... ie why did you choose to store the objects in a certain container? ie...what is the benefit of an array over a linked list?
    4) Java Test: Given a laptop and a java class (eclipse) complete two methods and then write test cases for the two methods.
    After the 1 hr test you discuss your code and test cases explaining your methodology.
    a) write a method that goes through a character array and determines if another string is the suffix of the first. Ie... "blake goes to mall" has a suffix = "all"
    b) return the index of the first instance of a substring in a character array ie... "blake goes to mall"... first instance of "goes" occurs at index 6.

Interview Questions

• QA test a vending machine (this doesn't mean come up with new features to ensure that it works effectively). Instead come up with test cases... Customer inserts less change than necessary, or foreign currency, etc...   Answer Question