Salesforce Solution Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

3.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, Skype, In person role play interview process that went quickly. I was kept well informed throughout the process. Every person I came into contact with provided advice and helpful hints for each interview.

Interview Questions

• How many product owners can we have? (During role play.)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

Was referred by a current employee to the hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with the hiring manager/hiring manager's boss/team member. Had to give a presentation and demo on how a business could use SF to a room full of senior level managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Was being considered for 3 different positions by two different recruiters. Passed between VPs and over 6 phone interviews, including Skype calls. Final interview was in-person in Chicago office for case study presentation followed by team interview by three individuals. I was required to prepare an in-depth solution that addressed numerous requirements and to articulate how which SFDC solution would be most appropriate and why, including benefits. Although I was in-person, the 2 key individuals (VP and director) doing interview were on the phone. After spending two weeks preparing a cohesive deck with the help of friends within Salesforce, within the first minute the interviewers who were role playing as CIO and related client positions began throwing out antagonistic questions to throw me off, in an attempt to see how I would handle the situation, which I immediately recognized as being their strategy. I addressed each of their questions with each interruption and also at one point recommended they hold a question or two until I got to that point in my presentation. They didn't like that one bit and immediately wrote me off as being unable to handle being in front of C-level clients. (I've been in that position many times, but their scenario was unrealistic.) They rudely dropped off the call and the one person left in room told me "don't worry about it. we all get put through that process." The group interview went well with good people in similar roles and with thoughtful questions. In my post-mortem with the recruiter I explained what happened and he was surprised and concerned that the interviewers contradicted his direction to me. I got an email two days later saying they pass. I informed my two close friends on the inside and they were not surprised, sharing their horror stories with their hiring process including downright rudeness to them, multiple cycles over as many as two years (!) and shouting matches. I had high hopes for a job with Salesforce, but after that experience, I really don't want to work for a company that is so disjointed and frankly hires people who are arrogant and unprofessional. I'll stick with the integrators/consultants that they themselves were badmouthing in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• No one particular question, rather rapid fire, concurrent questions overlapping without affording the opportunity to answer them as part of their role playing case study presentation process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

- Initial process started with the recruiter. Went through a standard screening
    - Next step was to speak with some peers who went into my background and experience. General discussion on previous experience no real biggie.
    - After this I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and it went for 45 mins. He was very satisfied.
    - Next I was called into the NY office for in person discussions. I was going to meet 3-4 people including the hiring mgr.
    - While the hiring manager showed up on time and the discussion went well, the other interviewers were late....one of them was almost 20mins. late. I had to keep asking the front desk lady to help me find these interviewers. She did her best to contact them.
    - One of the interviewers surprised me when he said that he was not sure what position I was interviewing for. Then, in the middle of the discussion he took several phone calls. In the end instead of taking 45 mins he spent only 10 minutes effectively. I was quite disgusted with the whole thing.
    - In a nutshell, the in-person interviews left me with a bad taste.............and even if I had gotten an offer, I would have declined it.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (Milan (Italy)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process started with a EMEA Senior Recruiter contacted me to set a first call to share information about the role. The description was really accurate, and after that we went through my CV reviewing my past experience, my motivation driver to change, and why SalesForce.
    Second interview was a call with the hiring manager, we went deep into the role, my past experience, showing the value that my past experience would give to this role in SF.
    Third interview was a call with the EMEA leader, that was mainly on my drivers to change, my motivation.
    Last interview was a call with a SA based in France, in this one we went in deep of my skills, and for me was very important to deeply understand the role and to have some open sharing about what to expect by SF.
    I have to say that every people I have talked with were really open, friendly and that was one of the key indicators from my point of view to understand the culture I will find once I will start working in SF.
    The recruiter was really present in every moment, for every questions or concerns. She was a great help for me, and I really felt very caring in the entire process.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

5 interviews - 4 by phone and 1 face to face.

1st interview was with the recruiter who screened me to ensure I knew what CRM was and spent most of the time telling me about the company.

2nd interview was with my eventual manager. Asked more about situations and projects I had been in, rather than technology.

3rd interview was with an architect, who asked a lot of technical questions about CRM, most of which I could answer.

4th interview was with a peer of my manager, based in the US. Again, more about situations and projects than technology.

Final interview was a face to face with my eventual manager and someone else in his team. I had to prepare a presentation and demo on how 4 use cases could be implemented in SF and then spend about 90 minutes in role-play mode selling the benefits of my solution. Required me to learn the SF platform in 6 days and get up to speed with how to configure it.

Overall a +ve experience as I got the job, but the time from initial screening to eventual offer was tortuously long at about 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember anything specific, but during the role play interview, expect to be derailed constantly from your agenda. It is more about how you present a topic, stick to the time allowed and control the audience.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

A 4 stage interview process over several months. I was referred in which most new hires tend to be.

Initial interviews focused on skillset with the later focused on culture, community and personal drive.

To advance you must be yourself and your sense of self must naturally fit the dynamics of the team you are hoping to join.

Your interview process will include peers, managers, directors and General managers who may be off shore.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about a company like Salesforce   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial email introductions followed by in-person and phone interviews. About 1 hour for interviews.

Courteous throughout. They tried more to understand if the experience in general was suitable for the role rather than Salesforce platform knowledge.

This baffles me, as, if the role expects you to sell Solutions in Salesforce why that is not checked for?!!!

Interview was very very generic!

Interview Questions

• Questions on roles and responsibilities and how would you handle it? *No* Salesforce platform questions were asked!   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months.
    Eight rounds of interviews with a mix of telephone and face-to-face with anyone across the organisation (EU and US) for cultural fit as well as technical competences.

Interview Questions

• The process included a case study and face-to-face presentation to a panel.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

4 interviews with the final one being a panel interview with 6 individuals. The case study was suppose to provide enough material for 80 minutes of role playing and 30 minutes of interview discussions. The experience was a little unrealistic to ask a person to spend countless hours configuring a product for an interview process rather than talk through capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do I know that my competitors cannot access my information?   1 Answer