Salesforce Strategic Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

3.3

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial conversation with recruiter, then 2 calls within the week with solution engineer lead and account manager on team . Met with hiring manager in person then traveled to meet VP. In total about 3 weeks. Spoke frequently with the recruiter who prepared me for each call and then provided feedback. All in all very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why salesforce and why now? Why I think I'd be fit in the Salesforce culture? Had to walk through a deal at previou job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salesforce (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Seven-week process: Initiated through a salesforce employee referral in conjunction with on-line application. (2) phone discussions with recruiting. (2) phone interviews with RVP hiring manager, followed by a F2F interview. Final interview with AVP. Offered issued one week thereafter. Sequence was managed very well by recruiting team.

Interview Questions

• What processes and methods would you use to ensure success in your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had. They were very transparent about the process and want to make sure you're prepared to knock it out of the park. After a nice lunch which also served as a panel interview, we jumped into the presentation phase. Preparation and practice are keys to success in this role play excercise.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were very professional and based on experience in specific situations. They also spent a lot of time discussing potential fit within the team and the overall Salesforce family.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I connected via a referral. There were 6 interviews. Some were remote and others face to face. I spoke with the Salesforce recruiter each step of the way. He was also one of the first interviews. It seemed to be a very logical and reasonable process. It was the most professionally handled interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I approach selling, using a real world customer example. They asked other questions about my history and experience, inquiring how I could apply that knowledge going forward.   Answer Question

Salesforce Response

Mar 29, 2017 – SVP, Global Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your success story! Welcome to the #SalesforceOhana! - Ana Recio, SVP of Global Recruiting

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Five individual interviews, interview questions focused around the largest deals you have closed, the process you took to close those deals, how you attack your accounts and territory. The interviews were followed by an in person group presentation.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest opportunity you have closed? What steps did you take to identify the opportunity and explain the overall process from start to finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salesforce (Remote, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I met with the initial recruiter who told me I would meet with a senior recruiter, then the hiring manager and possibly a panel interview. I was recommended to move to the next level, but the hiring manager chose someone he knew personally so they discontinued the interview process for that position. I will apply again if an opportunity opens up.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial call with an in-house recruiter is the screen. If successful, the next interview will be with the hiring manager. If this is a success, then the next step is an interview with 3-4 peers or other managers. ALL must approve you for you to move to the next step which may include a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical large deal that you closed and the steps and process to get it done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Spoke with the HR contact, it was 20 minutes long call, she wasn't very cooperative.
    Asked me 2-3 questions and referred me to the hiring manager.
    After a week I spoke with the Hiring manager on the phone, again, not very cooperative.
    He asked me a few questions and the call was cut short.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Salesforce should optimize its mobile strategy in terms of reaching out to new customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very thorough process having met several peers, cross functional managers and direct line of management up through SVP. Very thorough interview presentation where I pitched the Salesforce team on an enterprise software product. Recruiting team were very good with follow up and expectation setting. I was allowed an opportunity to meet other individuals that I thought would be beneficial for my decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important thing to be successful in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salesforce (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Screen with Recruiter
    Phone Interview with Hiring Manager
    Asked for the opportunity to interview peers and overlay teams
    Interviewed with Hiring Manager
    Interviewed with Area Vice President
    Mock Sales Presentation
    Connect-the-Dots (A reference with a connection to an employee of the company)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They negotiate before they write the formal offer. If you wait for it in print, it's too late.