Salesforce Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Salesforce Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Salesforce

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back. It felt like a chat with colleagues. It was probably the easiest interview of my life. The team was very friendly. I assume they were looking for team fit in technical aptitude based on my work experiance.

Interview Questions

• What I was doing in my current job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Salesforce

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salesforce (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial email from a recruiter followed by a couple weeks of waiting. Then a brief conversation with the recruiter followed by more weeks of waiting. A technical phone/shared web session interview with someone that knew the role followed. This session was challenging, and I was a little surprised to hear back for a final set of video interviews that lasted 3 hours. An offer came a few days after the video sessions.

The 30 minute technical interview was a lot more "prove you know what is on your resume and what we need for this role." The longer video sessions asked a lot of situational questions designed to see how the candidate communicates, their personality, ability to think on their feet, etc. Some technical questions were included.

Interview Questions

• You have a LAMP style application that is experiencing performance problems/reports from users. Describe the process you would use to troubleshoot and what tools you might use.   Answer Question
    • oops   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (Herndon, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online and then got reached out by the recruiter wanting to talk to learn more about my background and experience. Chatted with her briefly on the phone and she was very polite and answered all my questions. From there, she mentioned it should be a pretty quick process to get a technical phone screening set up. Unfortunately I didn't end up hearing back from her for a bit, until a recruiter for another position at Salesforce reached out to me and pinged her to ask her for an update on the role she was helping me with.

After that, a technical phone screening was quickly set up where I did have to sign a NDA as well. During the technical phone screening, the interviewer was very nice and didn't ask any ridiculous questions to purposely stump me. Can't get into specifics due to the NDA, but Linux and some Python-related questions were asked. I thought it went well, and a few days later the recruiter let me know they wanted to bring me on-site.

I already had another offer on the table at the time, so they moved quickly to schedule something as well as scheduling a hotel for staying the night before (as I had to travel to the Herndon, VA office). I drove out to Herndon and the office seemed pretty nice (a bit old, but nothing out of the ordinary). The on-site interview was a for a few hours and the people I talked to were very nice and very easy to get along with. Some of the interviewers were more behavioral interviews while others were technical (Linux/cloud/automation/etc). Even though my interview was only a half-day, they still brought me to lunch which was a kind gesture before I hit the road back home. After the on-site, I called the recruiter and she let me know very quickly that they wanted to make an offer (mainly because I let the Director know that I had another offer on the table).

The recruiter also gave me back feedback from the interview a few days later which seems very rare to do nowadays. The interviewer also let me talk to the hiring manager and director again to answer some of my remaining questions. From there, I accepted the offer which was very generous.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to migrate a system from on-premise to the cloud? What challenges did you face?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce (San Francisco, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had an employee referral (colleague from previous company).

My overall interview process experience was varied. I had applied for several positions - some, it turned out were't a good fit, and and some just didn't work out at all -- in one case a recruiter lost the requisition due to reorg in the middle of the process, in another, the recruiter set up a meeting, and never called.

I did have very good luck with one recruiter, Kerilinn Hite. She was easy to work with, and felt like a partner in the process. She clearly explained the process, helped me understand what to expect, answered my questions, and kept me up to date along the way. Her approach seemed to be in the interest of both Salesforce and me as the candidate, which I appreciated.

The process was: 1) phone call with recruiter; 2) phone call with a senior manager; 3) on-site interview w/ two people in-person and three remote video interviews; 4) offer.

Questions were mostly about past experience, nothing out of the ordinary – mostly technical and some behavioral. They also described the role and the team they were trying to build. Everyone was very friendly, personable, and attentive during the interview. Each interviewer left time for my questions, and gave me a good sense of what it's like to work at Salesforce. They do actually read your resume beforehand, so be prepared to talk about it.

I marked the interview difficulty as "average," but it certainly helped to be prepared...or it may have ended up difficult!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on that failed. What was the resolution?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salesforce.

Interview

It was extremely fast and efficient. from application to offer, it took less than 3 weeks.There were total of 3 interviews.
    1st screening call from recruiter (why did you leave previous jobs, salary range etc)
    2nd with hiring manager (more like discussion, talked about past and current experience)
    3rd with the engineering team ( some projects, technical and behavioral questions, all related to role)
    All were phone interviews using GTM.

Interview Questions

• past related experience, projects, some technical and behavioral questions (usual stuff)   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salesforce (Pune (India)) in November 2018.

Interview

The process had three round and it was well planned by the salesforce team. First round was group discussion round , Second round was sales pitch for one minute and third round was Business case solution presentation.

Interview Questions

• There were question related to the business case problems and question based on Information security.   Answer Question