Salk Institute Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salk Institute Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Human resources first reached out to me and asked me a few questions. After that I set up a time to meet with the P.I. and the graduate students within the lab. The interview process was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• When I could start, why I am interested in this position, how does my experience relate to the job description...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Salk Institute

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salk Institute (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First arrived at HR, where I was then escorted to the laboratory. Met the professor and we talked about the research and a few of the skills I had mentioned on my resume - nothing too in depth.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you considering graduate school instead of this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salk Institute (La Jolla, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I sat down with the lab manager and some of the lab members. They gave me more details about what the daily duties of the position would be, and they asked me to elaborate on some of the past research projects and techniques I'd mentioned in my resume, but nothing complicated or detailed.

Interview Questions

• Do you ever plan on going back to graduate school?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salk Institute in June 2011.

Interview

Initial communications started via emailing the PI. The PI asked me to come into his office for a quick interview which consisted of simply running through my resume, a few questions about my past laboratory experiences, and some questions about my research interests.

While work culture may vary between lab groups, in general the environment is very lax and at your own pace, as to be expected.