Sallie Mae Collector I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sallie Mae Collector I Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Interview

Contacted a week after I applied. Asked to do interview the next day. Asked to bring resume with me. Only interviewed with one person. Basically went down my resume to see what I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sallie Mae

Collector I Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty simple and straightforward, typical behavioral questions as well as some more straightforward ones. A lot of the focus is put on being able to trust you with sensitive information since you are exposed to quite a bit of it over the course of a given day.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult. Maybe something about where you see yourself in the company after 5 years because most people don't even know what the path up from a collector is at that point in the interview process.   Answer Question

Collector I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae in September 2012.

Interview

It was quite easy, the hiring manager asked me couple STAR questions, and offered me the job a day later.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation when a customer is getting frustrated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied for the position, within a day I was scheduled a phone interview. 3 days later, scheduled for in person interview...was there 4 hrs (interviewed with 3 mgrs (separately). Went well, waiting on response.

Interview Questions

• What did I like least about my current/previous position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Muncie, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was easy and basic. Similar to every other entry-level position I have interviewed for in the past. There were no curveballs. The best advice is to be honest. The HR folks will see right through you if you give them answers you think they want to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

online app then was called to schedule interview met with supervisor then sat at cubicle with another employee then met big boss he gave me drug screen paper work said he will be in touch

Interview Questions

• why did i want to work at sallie mae   1 Answer
    • if hired would i need days off in the coming 90 days   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Muncie, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

Filled out an application online on a Saturday then received an e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, I received a call the next day to schedule a one-on-one interview. At that interview, I was asked basic questions and then listened in on phone calls for about a half hour. The hiring manager then talked to me afterward and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous employer rate your productivity?   Answer Question
    • What did you like the least (and most) about your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring was simple enough, had a phone interview that lasted roughly 20-25 minutes, with the majority of questions being about your computer skills. I was then brought in for an interview with a manager, then scheduled to come back for a final interview with a manager in the department I would be working in. At that interview, I did a side by side with a representative and then sat for another 30 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, pretty straightforward questions about past job history, behavioral, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.