Sallie Mae Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sallie Mae Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Typical interview held at the local work force center. There was a woman with a piece of paper asking me the questions on the paper. I had to slow down and restate my answers several times because she was required to write what I said, verbatim.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sallie Mae

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

pretty easy. just hard to actually get and interview. and once you are in make sure your background is good because they do a thorough check even if you have student loans

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Lawrence, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

First, I found the job opening in the local Newspaper. I called and asked to speak with a mananger. Finally, I was called in to the center for a short interview. They asked me a lot questions regarding previous work. I then took a test. After that i received 2 weeks of training. It was easy to learn how to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a one on one interview then everyone that made it through the initial interview was called together as a group and given a tour and information. We all shadowed a customer service rep on the floor and listened in on a call. Then we had a second one on one interview and later for emails to confirm if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN).

Interview

Pretty simple. The first step is a phone interview. They ask you about customer service experience and if you mind saying repetitive things over the phone. A few situational questions, but not too in depth. The next interview is in person. There will give you a tour (along with a group of others who came to interview) of the facility, then you will meet with a supervisor for your second interview. Again, your standard customer service questions. How do you deal with a difficult customer? Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer? Do you have experience dealing with personal and secure information? Not too difficult. The third interview isn't really an interview. Just the Director asking about yourself and looking at your resume and he tells you that you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's $13.22/hour, but you can get a monthly bonus and it is pretty easy to get.

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

First application, turned down for over qualification, second application, turned down,under qualified for the same position. a friend told me to apply again and I was called in for a group interview.
    Next two interviews were over the phone. I was sent an email with the job offer

Interview Questions

• Did I ever go out of the way for a client that was beyond the scope of my position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any. job was offered and I accepted, was given a work schedule and salary offer. was then sent for drug testing and there is a background check with this position

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Hanover, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

This was for a summer job - we were brought in as a group and the general proceedings of the next hour or so were explained to us. Then, one by one, we were brought into the interview room with 2 members of the hiring team who asked us questions which were mostly directly related to dealing with upset customers. We did a mock phone call - basically, if you have even the slightest amount of people skills - you should be able to land this job. Also, there was a computer typing test at some point - you need to be able to type at a decent clip.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was an hourly summer job, so negotiations were non-existent.

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Panama City, FL) in October 2007.

Interview

A simple skills test was first conducted before I had a 1:1 interview. The skills test consisted of multiple choice questions covering basic computer knowledge (and let me emphasize the word "basic"). There was also a typing challenge that measured your speed and accuracy. Once again, I only typed about 20 wpm and had no problem passing. After this I went thru multiple interviews with HR and supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What did I think after watching a rep perform their job during an actual call.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was smooth, they seemed selective and asked questions that was geared towards your ability to handle disgruntled clients

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in two years?   1 Answer
    • How well do you handle an upset customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae in August 2010.

Interview

I began my search on the internet and found that Sallie Mae was hiring for customer service representatives to fill their call centers in Fishers, IN. I applied and within a few weeks received an email confirmation from their human resources department for an interview. During the interview I met with two of supervisors who I would work with at some point in time. Both interviewers had numerous years of experience within the organization.