Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Servicing Call Center Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - in person interview - call for job offer
    Applied online, day later received email to schedule phone interview. Following that interviewed in person the next week. Recieved an email a day later to finish the application. 2 days later recieved offer via phone and email

This process was extremely easy. The interviewers were very laid back.

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was good. They did ask me questions related to my field on sql server DBA. It went smoothly as it was in the area of my interest. I made it through the interview.

Interview Questions

• About my roles and responsibilities, How would i fit into the job, my personality quiz.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Communications Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE).

Interview

Got an email a few days after applying on LinkedIn, phone interview set up for following Tuesday (got the email on Friday) recruiter never called. I emailed her a half hour past the scheduled time and she apologized for being called into a meeting and having to reschedule. Pretty unprofessional and tells me my time isn't valuable. Finally spoke Thursday, nothing really mentioned about previous missed interview. Set me up for in person interview Monday, interview was short. Manager was nice but I didn't feel I got a chance to impress her with any of my skills or qualifications because she talked the entire time and didn't ask me any questions. Waste of my day off.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

Short single interview, no phone screen. Talked to two people at the same time for about a half an hour. They just asked questions about my resume and prior experience. Relaxed environment overall. After they asked questions, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a lot of questions and started a dialouge and then it was over. Whole process was under 45 minutes.

Servicing Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

Completed application and within 2 days I was contacted to set a date for a phone interview. I set the date and had a 10-15 min convo, asked questions about my experience and how I would handle irate customers. Seemed like my answers were appreciated. Was told I would be contacted for a in person interview if they decided I would be a good fit for position. A couple days letter I got the email to schedule my interview! Interview day i get there about 10:45 for my 11 am interview.. Didn't get called until about 11:15... No biggie, cause I was nervous and needed a little time to get it together. The interview ended up being very relaxed and not intimidating! Went quickly! I answered the questions, he asked more, I asked a couple questions and it was boom.. Great meeting u, HR will contact you if we decide you are a good fit. I personally felt good about the interview. I left feeling like I was just talking to a friend about what kind of job environment I could grow in and where I would be in a couple years. My interview was on a Wednesday. I'm writing this review on Sunday and sadly I haven't heard anything just yet. Keep checking my email and answering any number that calls my phone so I won't miss it if they reach out! Hopefully good news is on the way!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a one on one interview then everyone that made it through the initial interview was called together as a group and given a tour and information. We all shadowed a customer service rep on the floor and listened in on a call. Then we had a second one on one interview and later for emails to confirm if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

Two round interview with multiple people in the office; spoke with designers, writers, managers, and account executives. Took place in the office. Enjoyed being able to meet different people on the team and get a feel for the personality of the office. When I walked in, Halloween decorations were all over so I got a sense of the creativity and team spirit.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? What part of the creative services process are you interested in?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

pretty easy. just hard to actually get and interview. and once you are in make sure your background is good because they do a thorough check even if you have student loans

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

Applied Online. Interview with HR and brought in for 1 on 1 interview. It all took only two weeks from start finish. HR was very nice and easy to work with.

Servicing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application online and received an email the next day to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the in-person interview and a few days later I was called for a phone interview. A few days later I was offered the position over the phone. Then they performed a background check and drug test.

Assistant GC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Long interview with potential supervisor