Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Servicing Call Center Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - in person interview - call for job offer
    Applied online, day later received email to schedule phone interview. Following that interviewed in person the next week. Recieved an email a day later to finish the application. 2 days later recieved offer via phone and email

This process was extremely easy. The interviewers were very laid back.

Internal Audit Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

I interviewed at the University of Delaware through their career services. I went in with two other students, and we each met with three different people. The first I met with was an HR person, who told me the basics about the company. Very broad, told her about myself, she did the same. The second person I met with was someone in the internal audit department, she told me more specifics about the job. The third person I met with was also in the internal audit department. It was a relaxed environment. It is very much conversational, so be prepared with a lot of questions. It also helps to know a lot about their company. Their website is extremely informational.

Interview Questions

• Role play where I had to think of different objectives, risks, and controls in a candy shop, if I were consulting over it.   1 Answer
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Senior Customer Communications Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE).

Interview

Got an email a few days after applying on LinkedIn, phone interview set up for following Tuesday (got the email on Friday) recruiter never called. I emailed her a half hour past the scheduled time and she apologized for being called into a meeting and having to reschedule. Pretty unprofessional and tells me my time isn't valuable. Finally spoke Thursday, nothing really mentioned about previous missed interview. Set me up for in person interview Monday, interview was short. Manager was nice but I didn't feel I got a chance to impress her with any of my skills or qualifications because she talked the entire time and didn't ask me any questions. Waste of my day off.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in May 2016.

Interview

Short single interview, no phone screen. Talked to two people at the same time for about a half an hour. They just asked questions about my resume and prior experience. Relaxed environment overall. After they asked questions, they asked if I had any questions. I asked a lot of questions and started a dialouge and then it was over. Whole process was under 45 minutes.

Servicing Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about one week later received an email from the HR recruiter for a phone interview. Phone interview completed the next day and the recruiter was very informative. The actual interview was horrible, the interview was literally over in about 7 or 8 mins.. I asked questions to engage the conversation but he seemed to be rushed and wanted the interview to be over just as quick as it had started. I interview well but this one was by far the worst one in history. I wasn't surprised to not have received an offer, I wouldn't of accepted anyway.

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Killeen, TX).

Interview

Typical interview held at the local work force center. There was a woman with a piece of paper asking me the questions on the paper. I had to slow down and restate my answers several times because she was required to write what I said, verbatim.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Servicing Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae in March 2016.

Interview

Completed application and within 2 days I was contacted to set a date for a phone interview. I set the date and had a 10-15 min convo, asked questions about my experience and how I would handle irate customers. Seemed like my answers were appreciated. Was told I would be contacted for a in person interview if they decided I would be a good fit for position. A couple days letter I got the email to schedule my interview! Interview day i get there about 10:45 for my 11 am interview.. Didn't get called until about 11:15... No biggie, cause I was nervous and needed a little time to get it together. The interview ended up being very relaxed and not intimidating! Went quickly! I answered the questions, he asked more, I asked a couple questions and it was boom.. Great meeting u, HR will contact you if we decide you are a good fit. I personally felt good about the interview. I left feeling like I was just talking to a friend about what kind of job environment I could grow in and where I would be in a couple years. My interview was on a Wednesday. I'm writing this review on Sunday and sadly I haven't heard anything just yet. Keep checking my email and answering any number that calls my phone so I won't miss it if they reach out! Hopefully good news is on the way!!

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Lawrence, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

First, I found the job opening in the local Newspaper. I called and asked to speak with a mananger. Finally, I was called in to the center for a short interview. They asked me a lot questions regarding previous work. I then took a test. After that i received 2 weeks of training. It was easy to learn how to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a one on one interview then everyone that made it through the initial interview was called together as a group and given a tour and information. We all shadowed a customer service rep on the floor and listened in on a call. Then we had a second one on one interview and later for emails to confirm if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

At the time of you interview, you meet with a supervisor from upstairs who will go over your resume and ask you questions about yourself to get a feel for you and who you are. Next, you will be taken upstairs to do a side by side where you will sit with an agent for a half hour to an hour and listen in on calls. Then, the Sales Call Center Department supervisor will pull you aside and ask about how the side by side was. You will then wait for the interview with the boss of the Sales Call Center, who will then go over your resume with you and ask you to sell yourself with typical questions as to why you are a good fit to the company, what makes you stand out, pros and cons, which was typically easy going.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer