Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sallie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.4

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae.

Interview

Run by internal recruiters that typically have little knowledge of the actual job functions for which they are hiring, the process can be slow. Once you get to the hiring manager it moves more quickly, but the beginning can be slow. Be sure to tailor your resume to the language in the job posting. It's often the only way the recruiter can link the position with your skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think SallieMae is negatively portrayed by the media?   Answer Question

Telecom Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN).

Interview

Explain what experience you have.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was way more than what I was currently making at my previous "Mom and Pop" employer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

They called the same day or next after I applied. Had several rounds of phone interviews and at least two in person interviews. The process was typical for a seasoned professional and mid-level manager. No panel interviews and I met with about three staff members in total. I spoke to three other employees from other lines of business as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you handled a challenging experience.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen with HR to assess what I was looking for in my next role and ensure I understood the role's needs. Had a round of in-person interviews with 6 people. Had a follow up phone interview at my request with the hiring manager because we didn't have enough time in person.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly hard. Typical behavioral interviews - "tell me about a time when you <blank>." Most were just conversations to assess fit with the team.   Answer Question

The base salary wasn't enough to get me to move and I was expecting a better offer from another company.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Newark, DE) in February 2014.

Interview

At the time of you interview, you meet with a supervisor from upstairs who will go over your resume and ask you questions about yourself to get a feel for you and who you are. Next, you will be taken upstairs to do a side by side where you will sit with an agent for a half hour to an hour and listen in on calls. Then, the Sales Call Center Department supervisor will pull you aside and ask about how the side by side was. You will then wait for the interview with the boss of the Sales Call Center, who will then go over your resume with you and ask you to sell yourself with typical questions as to why you are a good fit to the company, what makes you stand out, pros and cons, which was typically easy going.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Lawrence, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

First, I found the job opening in the local Newspaper. I called and asked to speak with a mananger. Finally, I was called in to the center for a short interview. They asked me a lot questions regarding previous work. I then took a test. After that i received 2 weeks of training. It was easy to learn how to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

I got a call from HR for screen phone interview after 1 month later applied on online. It took me about 2 weeks to have both first and second round of interviews. I called and emailed HR to follow up after couple days of second round of interview, but never heard respond. I think it's very unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Started through a temp agency and was hired on permanent...

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a one on one interview then everyone that made it through the initial interview was called together as a group and given a tour and information. We all shadowed a customer service rep on the floor and listened in on a call. Then we had a second one on one interview and later for emails to confirm if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

One Interview.

Negotiation

sGave me what I asked for.