Sallie Mae Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sallie Mae Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Lawrence, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

First, I found the job opening in the local Newspaper. I called and asked to speak with a mananger. Finally, I was called in to the center for a short interview. They asked me a lot questions regarding previous work. I then took a test. After that i received 2 weeks of training. It was easy to learn how to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle angry customers?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

I got a call from HR for screen phone interview after 1 month later applied on online. It took me about 2 weeks to have both first and second round of interviews. I called and emailed HR to follow up after couple days of second round of interview, but never heard respond. I think it's very unprofessional.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Started through a temp agency and was hired on permanent...

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

I had a one on one interview then everyone that made it through the initial interview was called together as a group and given a tour and information. We all shadowed a customer service rep on the floor and listened in on a call. Then we had a second one on one interview and later for emails to confirm if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

One Interview.

Negotiation

sGave me what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Fishers, IN).

Interview

Pretty simple. The first step is a phone interview. They ask you about customer service experience and if you mind saying repetitive things over the phone. A few situational questions, but not too in depth. The next interview is in person. There will give you a tour (along with a group of others who came to interview) of the facility, then you will meet with a supervisor for your second interview. Again, your standard customer service questions. How do you deal with a difficult customer? Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer? Do you have experience dealing with personal and secure information? Not too difficult. The third interview isn't really an interview. Just the Director asking about yourself and looking at your resume and he tells you that you have the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It's $13.22/hour, but you can get a monthly bonus and it is pretty easy to get.

Collector I Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty simple and straightforward, typical behavioral questions as well as some more straightforward ones. A lot of the focus is put on being able to trust you with sensitive information since you are exposed to quite a bit of it over the course of a given day.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really that difficult. Maybe something about where you see yourself in the company after 5 years because most people don't even know what the path up from a collector is at that point in the interview process.   Answer Question

Monetary Processing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

Received a phone call back within a few days of applying for the position. Did a short 10-15min. phone interview with basic questions about what I knew about the company, the pay grade and what the job entailed in brief. Passed that and got an email with a face to face interview time for the next day. Had to pass a 10 key, typing and Excel test before going back for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important qualifications of an employee in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

First application, turned down for over qualification, second application, turned down,under qualified for the same position. a friend told me to apply again and I was called in for a group interview.
    Next two interviews were over the phone. I was sent an email with the job offer

Interview Questions

• Did I ever go out of the way for a client that was beyond the scope of my position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any. job was offered and I accepted, was given a work schedule and salary offer. was then sent for drug testing and there is a background check with this position

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sallie Mae (Reston, VA).

Interview

Submitted resume to job ad, was called by the Recruiting Manager for an interview. Met with her and then two days later was called back for a second interview with the Director of Recruiting and the VP of HR. Several days later I received an offer which I accepted.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the offer up $5k from the original amount they offered me.