Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

First off the process was very unprofessional. First interview they set but gave the hiring manager wrong time. Then I had to cancel cause of health reasons after that they were very slow in the process of getting me into a 3 hour interview. HR kept asking for my availability which I gave numerous times, instead of setting a time and Day themselves and asking if it works for me they made the process unnecessarily lengthy. HR was shockingly rude when my availability changed because of other interviews said I was "risky" and could pontentially leave the position soon after if given an offer. Not too sure what gave them that idea but they assumed what they wanted.
    Secondly the pay is way too low for the position I was going for and they said it was because my lack of experience but the same position at many other companies are AT LEAST $20,000 more, it's obvious the company has a lot to work on and I will not recommend it to others from my experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, they basically ask you about your background and skills. The three people that interviewed me weren't very friendly, didn't get a welcoming vibe so it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to stay organized and how does that help you in your everyday routine?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got a call later that day for an interview the next day. They told me they would call my references the next day, which they didn't. They also told me they would call me within a few days if I got the job or not, also didn't.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a product-they gave me a ceramic high heel for holding a curling iron   Answer Question
    • What are 3 things you didn't like about your last job?   Answer Question
    • what's the biggest rule you broke at your last job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, but a lot of unnecessary personal questions and slightly rude jokes. Got 2 different interviews, day after day, and did not get the job after interview with district manager.. Quite disappointed.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Got a call from district manager. Had a phone interview. Than had a one on one interview. Went in for interview. Entire interview took 3 HOURS! he had a 10 page interview questionnaire. Alot of questions about your previous experience. And alot of what if this happens questions. Will ask you to sell something to him.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is allergic to a product and that the last thing you need to sell would you sell it?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Wilmington, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

When I arrived for my interview I was dressed in nice trousers and heels. Their was two employees already working, as well as a manager and a new hire in the store. The manager was busy trying to get the new hire put in the system from what I could tell. The other two employees were helping customers. The store I interviewed at was very small but I still had to browse around while waiting on the manager. The interview was very relaxed. She said she was glad I applied for the position and thought I would make a great addition to their family/team. She said if I didn't hear from her withing the next few days then the district manager would call me and possibly do another interview. I still have not gotten a call back. I find it unprofessional that I received no call back what so ever. Even if it was a no, I would have appreciated an explanation. I wasn't in dire need for a job, it kind of landed in my lap. I shop there often and another employee at another location asked me if I would be interested. He called that manager on the spot and recommended me. I was looking for a job at the time but I was planning on looking in another field of work. So I was not pushy about getting the postion. I just waited for a call that never came. Maybe it was a blessing because everyone seemed very frantic and unorganized when I was interviewing. I stood at the counter in the back of the line, in the store without being recognized at all for quite a while. Just thought I would share my experience. It wasn't negative but it was amazing either.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about this company or anything we went over during this interview?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in and turned in an application and also set up my interview time the same day. I went in later that day for my interview and it went well. The questions were easy for me. There were a lot of questions asked, but I feel like that is because she wanted to prolong the interview. The manager held the interview and told me she would contact the candidate she would hire during the weekend. I didn't receive a call. So, I assumed I did not get the position up until this point.

Interview Questions

• Is there something you did not like about your previous job/ employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call a month after I applied for a interview, the manager was friendly, the interview took about 20 to 30 minutes and was told at the end of the interview that " we will give you a call back if your interview stood out from the others ". I called after two weeks to check up on the status of the interview and she just said the same thing.

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

I interviewed with 4 attorneys including the GC. Each interview lasted 30 minutes spanning over two hours. They were very prepared and accommodating. The questioned asked weren't the typical and dry "tell me about yourself"; but more functional questions that dove into my previous work experiences and explored their needs for the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage and prioritize your multiple projects in your current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Dover, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great, the store manager was easy to talk to, and not intimidating, they even want me to go for an assistant manager position, I'll update later, interviewing still in progress!