Sally Beauty Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Sally Beauty

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly but had to have two interviews one at the store I was applying for and the other in bee cave . Was a pain but after that I was able to start immediately.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online and got a voicemail 1 week later asking for an interview. My phone is all jacked up and will not make calls and is hard to hear the other person on the other end of the line, so I walked into the store myself 2 days after the voicemail. The manager was shocked and loved my initiative. She was looking for a part time employee mostly for closing shifts and 4 people never came in for their interviews. She took me to the back, asked me the basic questions like my work experience, why I want to work at Sallys, etc. She called her area manager and had me do a phone interview right then and there. Got off the phone and the manager said she would call me to discuss the process further. She was super friendly and absolutely loved the company. It made me more eager to work there. She called me 3 hours later and confirmed I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with the store and district manager and they sit you down and read from a paper of questions. You do get a little bit over whelemed in the interview, that I don't think they explain the expectations of you as a employ very well during the interview process, they wait until they hire you to explain the expectations which for me I would've rather known what was expected of me before fire not during training.

Interview Questions

• How do we compare to competition?
      Why do you want to work for Sally's ?
      Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and what you did to solve it?
      How do you deal with confrontation ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

Brief, straightforward. Manager was very nice. Took me into the back office area, described the perks for working there and what was expected. What the pay was, how many hours. The manager told me what the dress code was and how she became manager within a year, so it's definitely a company you can move up in. I was hired, i start today. :)

Interview Questions

• Basically the manager asked about my history, how i would deal with unhappy customers, what does teamwork mean to me, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Shreveport, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process, to me, was quick and very comfortable of an atmosphere. I was graduating from cosmetology school when job was offered. However, the process was not long nor was it short, but right on time.

Interview Questions

• Could I be counted on to show up for work, even if late?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I took my printed application to the store and talked to the manager directly, she reviewed my application right then and there. Asked me a few questions about my work history, hours I would like to work, and cosmetology experience (which I’m all self taught.)

About 3 hours later she called me to set up an interview. Went to the interview where I met up with the manager and assistant manager. The manager goes over my application some more, asking my previous work responsibilities, my familiarity with POS, and my education. She informed me that she was looking for someone “older” but would give me a chance. I was hired the same day and started work in the next couple of days.

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Clifton, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

very quick, very easy and basic questions were asked. Questions were mainly about experience with hair color (I had none) and how I am with beauty products. I was also asked about my previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Farmingdale, NY).

Interview

I went and dropped my application at the store, and called two days later, and I got a follow up call the week after applying, scheduling an interview a week later. I showed up for my scheduled interview with my future manager, very friendly, open atmosphere, my nerves were settled less then five minutes into the interview!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? Was there any time that you couldn't make it to your shift? What was your biggest complaint? What can you bring to this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Muncie, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

She asked two questions based on the job I was applying for, then asked if I partied because she didn't want anymore partiers working under her because she had to let 3 people go (they actually quit because of her, but that's besides the point). She saw I was a college student and was reluctant to hire me because college schedules - that do not change - were difficult to work around for work scheduling.

Interview Questions

• How many hours a week can you work at this job?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

My interview was a breeze, I was told to go online and print the application then bring it in, so I did and she said they weren't hiring but she would keep my app on file. About 2 weeks later she called me for an interview, I went in and she was so nice she kept calling me pretty. She barely asked me any questions, she was just telling about the job like I was already hired.