Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got a call later that day for an interview the next day. They told me they would call my references the next day, which they didn't. They also told me they would call me within a few days if I got the job or not, also didn't.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a product-they gave me a ceramic high heel for holding a curling iron   Answer Question
    • What are 3 things you didn't like about your last job?   Answer Question
    • what's the biggest rule you broke at your last job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Very vague description of responsibilities. Had 2 interviews. One with store manager, very casual. one with district manager, very formal. Store manager was very nice and made me feel welcome and like I could do the job. District manager was very cold and made me feel like she had an underlying thing she wanted me to say. Didn't feel like I could give her the right answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle seeing a fellow employee using product off the shelf?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I Contacted by Department Manager by phone and follow up with email. She invited me in for an interview with date and time. She asked me many sales based and goal oriented questions. I answered. She asked if I could stay in the room for a few minutes and left me alone, she returned with an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Redlands, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

A walk in interview, handing in my application, then an interview, then a week later a job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company is cheap. They will work you hard and give you no respect. The customers can be great. If you are interested in the beauty industry you will learn a lot.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was smooth and very organized. I met with four interviewers. The interview was straight foward and concise. The hr recruiter did a great job explaining the culture.

Interview Questions

• What is a loyalty card and wjat other loyalty programs am i aware of   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

It was like old fashion where you have to fill out an application and turn it in in person. After I turned it in I had a face-to-face interview that lasted quite a while. We role-played to see how well I could upsell. Questions that were asked or very relaxed and when I left I felt like I had made a new friend rather than a boss.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to take direction from somebody younger than you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, they basically ask you about your background and skills. The three people that interviewed me weren't very friendly, didn't get a welcoming vibe so it wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to stay organized and how does that help you in your everyday routine?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Gwillimbury, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (East Gwillimbury, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

The manager called me and asked some questions about my availability, experience, and abilities. We scheduled an in store interview in 2 days. She was very nice and showed me a tour of the store. We talked alot and she asked me all kinds of questions, and at the end of he interview she said she would make a decision and get back to me by next week. Monday she called me and I was hired!

Interview Questions

• How so you respond to frustrated customers?   1 Answer

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Broken Arrow, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Turned in application at the store and within an hour I received phone call for interview the next day I then went in and sat with hiring manager for about 40-45 minutes.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Columbus, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with Territory Manager and trained for about a month. First week as an associate, second week as a Store Manager, the third week as a District Manager in a Training District, and the last week in your district with your Territory Manager.