Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got a call later that day for an interview the next day. They told me they would call my references the next day, which they didn't. They also told me they would call me within a few days if I got the job or not, also didn't.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a product-they gave me a ceramic high heel for holding a curling iron   Answer Question
    • What are 3 things you didn't like about your last job?   Answer Question
    • what's the biggest rule you broke at your last job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Very vague description of responsibilities. Had 2 interviews. One with store manager, very casual. one with district manager, very formal. Store manager was very nice and made me feel welcome and like I could do the job. District manager was very cold and made me feel like she had an underlying thing she wanted me to say. Didn't feel like I could give her the right answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle seeing a fellow employee using product off the shelf?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Columbus, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

I Contacted by Department Manager by phone and follow up with email. She invited me in for an interview with date and time. She asked me many sales based and goal oriented questions. I answered. She asked if I could stay in the room for a few minutes and left me alone, she returned with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How I work under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Redlands, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

A walk in interview, handing in my application, then an interview, then a week later a job offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company is cheap. They will work you hard and give you no respect. The customers can be great. If you are interested in the beauty industry you will learn a lot.

Senior Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Very informal, pleasent and to the point. They asked to see my portfolio and inquired about my ideas about managing the studio and it's employee's. I was shown around the studio and observed doing certain tasks.

Interview Questions

• What specifically was my background in photography   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I signed up for an interview through my university. It was a fair interview, pretty comfortable. They are trying to see if you are driven and hard working. I got selected for a second and third interview at a later date which was a similar format. It wasn't difficult, they don't expect you to be perfect. They just want to see the potential and passion.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Tulsa, OK) in January 2017.

Interview

I met with the store and district manager and they sit you down and read from a paper of questions. You do get a little bit over whelemed in the interview, that I don't think they explain the expectations of you as a employ very well during the interview process, they wait until they hire you to explain the expectations which for me I would've rather known what was expected of me before fire not during training.

Interview Questions

• How do we compare to competition?
      Why do you want to work for Sally's ?
      Describe a difficult situation you've had with a customer and what you did to solve it?
      How do you deal with confrontation ?
      Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmond, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Edmond, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

Referred to my store manger directly, by another store manager. Interviewed that day. Hired later that same day.
    Interviewed by my manager for about an hour. Scheduling and experience as well as being a long time customer was what they were looking for!
    I was advised on dress code, how to clock in on computer system, and was set up to start training following week.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel like customers should be greeted and treated ?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Was offered position by my supervisor. First interviewed with my district leader. Second interview was with the Territory Leader along with my District Leader and a HR Employee Representative. Got a call back about a week later with an offer for a Store Leader position.

Interview Questions

• What are you wanting to get out of your employment with Sally Beauty? Where do you picture yourself three years from now? How will the job offered contribute to your goals?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodburn, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Woodburn, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief general questions mainly about work ethic and schooling. They did request that I "sell them an item" of my choice using product knowledge and customer services skills. Though I had no training on any products, I naturally have an extensive knowledge of makeup and skincare products and have attended modeling school which taught students about improving your appearance as well as proper marketing techniques. Thanks to my previous education, I rocked that portion with flying colors and wow-ed the manager with the fact that I hadn't worked a retail job before that. The interview process was average but some were a little off topic in my opinion such as, "how popular were you in school/do you have many friends?"

Interview Questions

• If people were to describe your personality, what would they say?   Answer Question