Sally Beauty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

1 interview basic questions, held in the backroom of the store with the manager, should be dressed appropriately but most people aren't. SHOULD HAVE COSMETOLOGY BACKGROUND IF HIRED!!! most of the girls that work there don't know much about it and there suppose to advise in hair coloring and types of products to use and most of them just guess.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Took two months to hear reply. Interview and hire we're same day. Unorganized interview and hiring process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Came in for an interview and the manager was very nice. Asked questions about how well I would know the products and if I had an interest in beauty supplies. Due to scheduling conflicts it did not work out. They said their training was videos so I am sure they would train you about the products they have.

Interview Questions

• They would prefer you to know about their products, they asked questions about certain ones.   Answer Question

My schedule did not work out with theirs.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX).

Interview

First off the process was very unprofessional. First interview they set but gave the hiring manager wrong time. Then I had to cancel cause of health reasons after that they were very slow in the process of getting me into a 3 hour interview. HR kept asking for my availability which I gave numerous times, instead of setting a time and Day themselves and asking if it works for me they made the process unnecessarily lengthy. HR was shockingly rude when my availability changed because of other interviews said I was "risky" and could pontentially leave the position soon after if given an offer. Not too sure what gave them that idea but they assumed what they wanted.
    Secondly the pay is way too low for the position I was going for and they said it was because my lack of experience but the same position at many other companies are AT LEAST $20,000 more, it's obvious the company has a lot to work on and I will not recommend it to others from my experience.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

work enviorment is very clean however the back for employees is horriable. interview was great, managment was very easy with interview but i can see she hires staff based on customer service so customers are always coming back!

Interview Questions

• What can I bring for the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

sallys is pretty cheap!

Direct Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Denton, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

NA

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was very very very easy. they just go through your application with you and ask about recent employers on how your experience was. They asked why you left, do you have any goals, would you be interested in an managment job in the future. They also ask some personal questions just to get to know me to see if Im an overall reponsible, realiable person. I am a cosmetologist so my chances of getting hired was a little higher then whomever didnt have one. I also have had retail and salon/product knowledge experience.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in June 2010.

Interview

was so easy just asked about how many years being like a sales person and i was availabale to work any shift

Interview Questions

• how many years your being sales person   1 Answer
    • are your available any shift   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Ridiculous Long drawn out process that I was offered the job and should have turned it down but accepted and was the worst thing I could have ever done for my career and sanity. I was bounced around for a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it. They were not willing to negotiate nor pay you for excellent track record and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Wheat Ridge, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Wheat Ridge, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I loved my interview. I thought she did not try to ask so many questions as to prove myself, and that's good. I thought we hit it off well. She was interested in me, and my qualities, not just my abilities.

Interview Questions

• I always hate the one where they ask about your faults, but she didn't ask. I like that too.   Answer Question