Sally Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

1.9

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Applied that day. I talked to the manager right away. Really wasn't much of an interview as we had other staff members joining in with us just chatting about everything. Talked very lite about the job duties/or the job itself. Although the interview did not feel like an actual interview and I didn't feel like I actually was hired, I was hired right on the spot. Also I felt comfortable during the "interview"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw a hiring sign, filled out application in store. I was interviewed by two managers to get the job. And started with 2 days of being hired. First manager is hard interviews second is simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you mind repeating yourself often?
      What's your prior work experience
      What's your best attribute
      They make you pitch a fake sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Ask basic questions. Previous employment and experience. Personality. Skills. Reliable transportation. Watch videos. Fill out questions. Walk floor. Learn sections. Get to know other employees. Learn benefits and discounts. Learn register and closing.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got a call later that day for an interview the next day. They told me they would call my references the next day, which they didn't. They also told me they would call me within a few days if I got the job or not, also didn't.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a product-they gave me a ceramic high heel for holding a curling iron   Answer Question
    • What are 3 things you didn't like about your last job?   Answer Question
    • what's the biggest rule you broke at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Chandler, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I came in with my application, and the manager literally took me to the back, asked me like 3 questions. She asked me about my availability, if I had a second job, and if i planned on staying longer than 6 months. I was hired on the spot and started my training the very next week.

Anonymous Employee in Ramsey, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Ramsey, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

They hired me pretty much on the spot, which I later found out was because they had such a high turnover that they needed people immediately. They asked the normal questions like what my goals were and how I felt about stealing and that kind of stuff but overall they hired me right away so that I could start working right away. They pretty much hired anyone who applied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Very vague description of responsibilities. Had 2 interviews. One with store manager, very casual. one with district manager, very formal. Store manager was very nice and made me feel welcome and like I could do the job. District manager was very cold and made me feel like she had an underlying thing she wanted me to say. Didn't feel like I could give her the right answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle seeing a fellow employee using product off the shelf?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Jupiter, FL).

Interview

Quick and easy. They give full training so the most important thing is that you are able to perform sales and customer service and have a flexible schedule. You have to work on weekends and holidays. You need to be able to multitask.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy, laid back, and fun. The manager was super nice, as well as the rest of the employees. Comfortable environment. Offered job on spot, still waiting for call to confirm start date.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2015.

Interview

You can only apply in person, which I believe is better so they have a face to the paper. Got called in the next day. The manager went over simple and easy questions. She was so kind and understanding and had an actual conversation with me, it didn't even feel like an interview. She went over my application and resume and we simply talked about it. I was offered the job once her manager gave her the okay and I got it the second she approved my application.