Sally Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sally Beauty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Sally Beauty

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty in July 2015.

Interview

General questions about why you want to work there and if you are into the beauty industry. Short maybe less than 45 minutes. She asks a couple of question about what you would do in a certain situation and to explain a time when you handled something that was not part of a typical work day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a fairly quick process. The co-workers and manager were very welcoming and friendly. Just asked a few basic questions and asked when I could start. The environment was calm.

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Very laid back. Asked questions from a list on a tablet. Manager was very friendly and talked about the job expected of me and what I'd be doing. Knowledge of cosmetics and hair products is recommended.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with a member of management? How'd you overcome this problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Ask basic questions. Previous employment and experience. Personality. Skills. Reliable transportation. Watch videos. Fill out questions. Walk floor. Learn sections. Get to know other employees. Learn benefits and discounts. Learn register and closing.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

It was real quick and brief. The store manager read questions off a sheet and wrote down my answers. They were short staffed so the first and second interview were back to back and job offered immediately

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Sioux Falls, SD).

Interview

It was a very casual and fast interview process that felt more like just talking rather than being interviewed. It was very easy but could probably use some improvement.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Saw a hiring sign, filled out application in store. I was interviewed by two managers to get the job. And started with 2 days of being hired. First manager is hard interviews second is simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you mind repeating yourself often?
      What's your prior work experience
      What's your best attribute
      They make you pitch a fake sale.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Homewood, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Homewood, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and district manager so I only had to interview once. Typically you'll have to do two interviews. The application is a paper application and they'll call you back the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see another co-working pocketing merchandise   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Applied that day. I talked to the manager right away. Really wasn't much of an interview as we had other staff members joining in with us just chatting about everything. Talked very lite about the job duties/or the job itself. Although the interview did not feel like an actual interview and I didn't feel like I actually was hired, I was hired right on the spot. Also I felt comfortable during the "interview"

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Gilbert, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

It only took a day, and I was a regular and knew the manager so I already knew I was getting hired. Pretty much just say down in back and chatted to kill the process time and cut technicalities since they have to interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a cosmetology license?   1 Answer