Sally Beauty Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Orange, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Orange, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

called me on the phone and asked questions and decided to hire me. met with her in person a few days later to discuss training. very casual and stress free. i really dont have thirty words to describe the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sally Beauty

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

Got a call from district manager. Had a phone interview. Than had a one on one interview. Went in for interview. Entire interview took 3 HOURS! he had a 10 page interview questionnaire. Alot of questions about your previous experience. And alot of what if this happens questions. Will ask you to sell something to him.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is allergic to a product and that the last thing you need to sell would you sell it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jefferson City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Jefferson City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

It was 3 hours long. The active DM and DM who was taking over, both interviewed me. They kept getting interrupted by employees. The new DM took the longest time to interview me because she was fumbling to find the right questions to ask.

Interview Questions

• Take this product and sell it to me   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

The process involved three interviews: The first two with the District Mgr., and one the District Mgr. and Territory Mgr. Both interviews were conducted at store locations. The DM had been with the company for more than 20 years and was very knowledgeable with all aspects of the position. She did a terrific job explaining the expectations of the role. While interviewing with both managers, the vibe was very relaxed, but professional.

Interview Questions

• 1. How comfortable are you with leading and developing a team? This might include helping an associate create a path to management, or terminating an underperforming employee after previous coaching.

2. We provide a basic training on hair structure, hair color, and other products we sell in order to provide the best service to customers. What has been your previous experience assisting customers with product selections and making suggestions?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the compensation, but there wasn't much room.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line. Received a call from the DM 2 weeks after I applied and interviewed few days after call. I did not hear anything back for 2 weeks. Received a call for a 2nd interview. Call from Regional Manager week later. Called with offer next day!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was given lowest pay amount on scale, I counter offered, then was given more than I asked for!

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (Delray Beach, FL).

Interview

Turn in application, you are then called by a District Manager if there is an opening. You interview with another manager, then the DM, then you interview with the Regional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they give you a number and if you try to negotiate they shoot it down/

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

I went in to an open interview was asked about my qualification and experience. During that interview I was asked to sell the interviewer something.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I had selling the interviewer something and not stumbling over my words.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sally Beauty.

Interview

Ridiculous Long drawn out process that I was offered the job and should have turned it down but accepted and was the worst thing I could have ever done for my career and sanity. I was bounced around for a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it. They were not willing to negotiate nor pay you for excellent track record and experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Quick and pleasant interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sally Beauty (San Bruno, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was asked every "illegal" question - what my age was, my marital status if I was single or was I in a relationship & was I planning on getting married or having children in the near future - Did I have any elderly parents or grandparents that I was caring for. Bascically they wanted to know if I there was anything in my life that would keep me from showing up to work an being flexible with my availability to work mornings, nights n weekends.

Interview Questions

• was I planning to get married and have children in the near future   1 Answer

Negotiation

i accepted the job at a starting pay of $30k that included 5 hours of OT each week..
    hourly salary - whooping $12hr