Salvation Army International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salvation Army International

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

At first I met with the general manger for him to give me the ok. Then I met with the department supervisor (with the gm present). The whole experience was very pleasant and laid-back, as are most of the people who work there.

Interview Questions

• They really wanted to know what my motivation was for wanting to work at the Salvation Army. There were no real direct questions asked (not treated like I was being interrogated). After a 30 minute chat, they said they would contact me to let me know. They called me the next day to inform me that I was hired.   1 Answer

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3, mixed gender. Each member took times in asking questions. The interview took place on the premises. I don't think that the process illicited enough of the information that I would have wanted in their place. Culture is very important to this network and unless you are of a particular bent you will not last or enjoy your time there as the network doesn't like change and finds it difficult to accept new ideas.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate, which ended up in a very poor package being negotiated.

Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online
    They asked me about my understanding of their Mission Statement, case scenarios, etc.
    They made me feel at ease and the interview was really laid back!The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my religion.   1 Answer

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I initially completed an application form for a role with a charity
    Was interviewed initially by a recruitment agency and informed which charity I would be working for and then completed a written assignment.
    I then had a follow up interview day at the location where I would be working which included a tour of the building, meeting staff members and residents. I then had an interview with residents and an interview with a panel from management. The process was a relaxed one and I felt able to express myself freely.

Interview Questions

• When are you able to start?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a start date.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army International.

Interview

I applied online and the store manager called me. She asked me when I can start and gave me the job immediately. She didn’t ask for a police check or working with children check. Very straight forward.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I found the employer website and read about the volunteer application process. They also had an online application which had to be filled out and submitted. I made sure to give them a call and introduce myself after I had sent in the online application.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to volunteer at the critical care unit   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

This was with the Ontario (Canada) Central East Division.

The interviewer was so rude and unprofessional that I complained to the head of the organization. Took two emails to get a reply, which said:

1) The interviewer doesn’t think their behaviour was bad. (So? That doesn’t mean it wasn’t bad. And I didn’t ask what they think, I’m telling you what **I** think.)

2) We usually do interviews with a panel but this time there were too many applicants for that. (That makes no sense. You should always have a proper interviewing process, and there is no excuse for rudeness in any recruiting process.)

3) We’re sorry and we’ll try to do better from now on. (Not holding my breath for that one.)

Utterly clueless. But perhaps not surprising given the scandals involving the organization worldwide. Avoid this organization at all costs.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you applied for this low-paying job when you once had a job that paid more.   1 Answer

Digital Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army International (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the assistant in Toronto 3 weeks after submitting my application. The interview itself was short. The marketing coordinator and a lead writer had a list of about 20 questions. They start by letting you know they're a religious organization but don't force you to believe and they discriminate about your beliefs (or non-beliefs).

Questions were direct and clear about design. The tricky part comes after the "interview", the lead writer offers to walk with you and then she asks personal questions (that of course matter, as it is no longer legally part of the interview): marriage, family future plans, why you are applying,... Watch out for that moment.

And don't wait for an email rejecting your application. After I walked out I never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• How do you start a project? What's your process and how do you organize your day?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the web shut down?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep updated on web and graphic design trends?   Answer Question