Salvation Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salvation Army Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.4

Housekeeper Interview

Interview

The interview was great, was panel interview , asked simple questions like how would you handle stressful situations and etc. I kind of wish I took the position now but hey that’s life.

Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy and very convenient nice place and well mannered people they made sure everyone was comfortable and didn’t make anyone feel unworthy. The person who interviewed me was on point with all the questions

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline a student/ child if they miss behaving   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, then two separate meetings face to face with potential supervisor and then the other two people changed each time. Potential team members and coworkers. At the first interview a written test was given which took considerable time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a challenging incident and how you overcame?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I don't think there was anything too difficult in the process. I need to go to bed. Good night. Thank you.

Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Process was not very long, the director of probation was present, I was made to feel at ease and not intimidated. I was offered$10.00 per hr with a increase after a few months, which did not happen for 3 years and then it was only .25

Interview Questions

• Why I chose to apply for the job   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone pre-screen with Human Resources employee, she was very kind. In that, she gave me dates for second interview...I would be out of town. They sent me the notice they'd decided to go with other candidates, so i threw out all my research i did to start fresh again. Upon return from vacation, i was contacted to see if i were still interested.
    I indicated yes. The following week I had a face to face interview with supervisor and board members. Then no word for two weeks. Got a call from supervisor that they decided to pursue other candidates. Good people there, wish it would have worked out.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission statement of your current employer?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy and in depth interview. Lots and lots of paperwork to fill out. Walked thru job description and what would be expected. Some history of the salvation army, questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• do I have any criminal history   1 Answer

Interview

I got called in for a group interview about 2 months ago. I was asked around 10 thought-provoking questions, mostly situational. About 1 month after my interview I received a call with an offer, I immediately accepted. The hiring process was pretty lengthy - I had to get both a child abuse and FBI clearance (which was paid for by TSA), complete a 3-hour long online program on recognizing child abuse, and provide 4 references (2 professional, 2 personal). So in total it took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled reporting to different levels of management at the same time? How do your views align with TSA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was extremely lengthy. I had a phone interview in July and was selected for an onsite interview in September. I was told that I was one of two candidates picked for the onsite interview so I had high hopes going into the interview. The onsite interview was pretty easy and I felt confident that I would fit in really well to the Salvation Army culture and team. I was courteous with a timely follow-up Thank You and expressed my extreme interest. A few weeks went by so I decided to follow-up by email. No response was given. Another week went by so I followed up again by email, no response was given again. I decided to call and leave a message with the assistant. I have still not heard one single response or follow-up about this position and it has been over a month. I am extremely disappointed in how unprofessional a company can be without following up with candidates even if they were not selected for the position. It is common courtesy to at least give the person a heads up on what is going on. I guess that is the "norm" these days. Thank You for the opportunity but your loss Salvation Army.

Digital Marketing Interview

Interview

Starts with a recruiter and a phone call. After that you get an in person interview at the bigger office. People are very nice and friendly, seems like a great place to work but the work life balance might be a concern

Interview Questions

• General "how you got here in your career" questions. A lot of job-specific scenarios   Answer Question