Salvation Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salvation Army Interview Questions

Interviews at Salvation Army

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salvation Army.

Interview

I was offered an interview while inquiring about the position. I was first going to do an informational interview with the employer but the employer seemed interested in me. So she asked me some interview questions. It was about 50 minutes and the questions were typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What are your strengths and weaknesses
      How do you deal with stress
      How do you see yourself as a team member   Answer Question

Assistant FItness Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very easy, one or two steps, 1-2 weeks to get hired. Interview itself was easy only interesting questions were about religion which TSA is strong on so just be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army.

Interview

The Interview process was quick and simple. If interested they will send you an email to set up an a phone interview. If they like you afterwards you will get an in person interview. If they like you after that you will get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions related to position. Such as previous HR experience bad scenarios   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Columbus, OH) in January 2020.

Interview

Very informal. Interviewed with the finance manager and a Chaplain. Interviewed lasted about 45 mins and the questions were not difficult. The job requirements and the Salvation Army's mission were mainly discussed. I enjoyed the experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2019.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the lady in hr then if she though you were a good fit for the company you got invited to a second interview at the thrift store you would be working this interview was with the store manager

Facilities Interview

Interview

I was called after submitting my application. They gave me a phone interview and then an in person interview. After the interviews, I was offered the job. The interview experience was pretty simple and straight forward.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Interview

Applied online and had one in person interview. Interviewed with Fiscal manager and Area Coordinator. Asked basic questions about experience, ability to work in teams, etc. they certainly want me people that are on board and understand their mission.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what programs we’ve have for helping people?   Answer Question

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I met with two different people. The process was simple and included typical interview questions. It took about 30 minutes and allowed me to ask questions about the organization and the job duties.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army.

Interview

Applied online and a month later was invited for a panel interview with the department head, the HR manager and the division leader. This is an old, established nonprofit with an evangelical Christian persuasion and you might want to learn something about their structure to find out if it's right for you. By law, they can't discriminate in hiring based on religion but you are likely to do better if you share their beliefs. Employees ( those not directly in The Salvation Army corps) rank near the bottom of the organizational structure just above volunteers. Because this is set up as a pseudo-military organization, rank matters and division leaders change every few years and many husband and wife teams work in the same division which is awkward for the average employee. The people are welcoming but the vibe is that they're kind of set in their ways. If you aren't part of the SA corps, there's not much room for advancement and the salary is low but the benefits package is decent.

Interview Questions

• Many of the standard interview questions about past experience but they may also ask what you know about The Salvation Army.   Answer Question

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Jackson, MI) in June 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 senior employees. Professional and in-depth interview. Very prepared with questions and job description. They were prompt in seeing me, friendly. However, did not follow up with communication regarding hire.