Salvation Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Salvation Army

2.4

Outreach Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Milton, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application along with my resume. I was called in for interview and provided information about education and experience. Following my interview, I was informed I was selected and my packed and information was sent to their headquarters for approval.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer us, if you are hired?   4 Answers

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Atlanta, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few weeks later by the HR department, who asked if I was available for a phone interview. A few days later I had about a 30 minute phone interview that was fairly straightforward. They asked me about my background and told me about the job. They said I would hear back for them in about a week. Didn't hear anything so I followed up a week later, and then another week went by so I called. Told me I had not been selected to move forward. Thanks for requiring me to beg you for an answer!!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Hartford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

It was normal, over view company mission and what you could bring to table and filled out basic paperwork, also back ground check. Also spoke about what the job would require and pay rate.

Interview Questions

• What were one of your best ways to help a customer?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter from Salvation Army the gentlemen was very professional and helpful and clearly explained the position and requirements and the advantages of working there. The benefits the opportunities promoting from within he gave a quick bio of himself and his advancement In the company and his dedication and great people to work for he explained the mission and vision of the organization and the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

When I went in for a inter view I was hired on the spot. But I was still in school and they needed me during the day so I couldn't work. I was able to work around it and got a second interview where I also was hired on the spot. I was actually hired for clothing stock. From there I went to back room stock, then stock supervisor. The managers where some what ok, but they could of been ALOT nicer, but im glad they gave me an opportunity to work for them it was fun while I was there.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question was if I wanted to be the stock supervisor and be full time with a raise.   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Carrollton, GA) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online - Got a call - interviewed in person- called 2 days later to tell me I got the job- went in to fill out "paper work" -waited a month and a half to start - did the paper work again. Low pay and not worth it!

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Baltimore, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salvation Army (New Baltimore, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

The manager say me down as soon as I turned in my application and hired me on the spot (pending drug test and background check). I had to go to Detroit for an urine test and general orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Salvation Army   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Salvation Army in August 2016.

Interview

Fill out application and go through interview process with Licensed therapist. Answer questions and tour the site since it is an adult recovery center. Demonstrate knowledge of report writing.

Internship Interview

Interview

Pretty easy interview with 2 different people, relaxed and open environment. They asked about my previous internship experience, what I learned there, and what I can bring to the table.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Salvation Army (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very casual, friendly HR staff, inquired about experience working with minors, reviewed policies and procedures, salvation army handbook, tour of the salvation army campus, review of skills and qualifications, learning expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an ethical dilemma with a client, and if so, how did you respond to it?   1 Answer