Salvation Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Salvation Army Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.4

Fitness Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief. Less than 15 minutes. Two ladies interviewed me and read off a sheet off paper all the questions. Interview started off reading off the job responsibilities ill be doing. Approx 12 minutes into the interview another person walked in (a guy this time) and sat in on the interview as well. Questions was personality and skills based questions and a few scenario questions. It was approx 10 questions. The last 3 questions were. When are you available to start. How much is your desired pay (which I still think is a trick question lol) and are you flexible. SMILE! SMILE ! SMILE! Show personality even if you suck at answering questions. Suck at it with a smile. lol

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview was moderate. My best advice is to make sure you read and get acquainted with the history of the Salvation Army and their mission. The in depth history of the organization was the only part that took me off my A game.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutz, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Lutz, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Three people with a list of approx. 20 questions, a lot of which were abstract. Everyone mostly looked down at the piece of paper and wrote my answers. The person asking questions seemed brusk and irritated to be there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you convinced people to rally around you.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salvation Army (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy interview, it was one one one with a manager. I was asked about credit history. They was very stuck on making sure I didn't have any negative items on my credit report because that can make them decline an offer. I did'nt know this type of position needed these requirements.

Warehouse Worker/Processors Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Salvation Army (New York, NY).

Interview

The process that they follow is very thorough and gives you understanding to what is going to required of aemployee. Gives you a clear understanding of your job duties and requirements. But as in any interview you must be ready to answer questions to what you are looking to gain in being employed by them and where you see yourself in a few years.

Interview Questions

• What do I want to gain while being employed by them.   1 Answer

Full Time Donation Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Rockford, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview started with greetings then to the mandatory questions. Was a very easy and calm interview for me. None of the mandatory questions were difficult at all. I started in only about 3 or 4 days after interview.

Interview Questions

• What skills are you bringing to the table?   1 Answer

Motion Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Salvation Army in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked standard job interview questions. Interview was very cut and dry. They seem to be a 'culture fit' christian organization. They want people who fit into their ideology. They didn't check my linkedin account, they said they liked my work but then said it was too 'european', which was weird, seeing as I live in the US. If you interview with these guys, they want conventional, 'mainstream' (their words) people.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would you describe yourself? Explain why that word?

What is one professional mistake that you learned from?

What would you say is your work ethic?

Do you like to work with people or solo?
      Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Jackson, MS) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was very smooth a week by week process. Received an email for a phone interview 2 weeks after applying. Then was called the next week for a face to face interview. The following week after I was offered the job pending a background check. Very quick smooth process.

Computer Lab Coordinator/Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Binghamton, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the major (minster in charge at that office) and someone from the regional office. They were both incredibly nice and this was one of the most comfortable interviews I have ever had. They mostly asked about my experiences with people and teaching. They discussed a bit about the plans for this position and the lab in the future.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with homeless? elderly? veterans?   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay with organizing faith-based programs?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Salvation Army (Littleton, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and I was called by the District Manager about a week after I applied, he wanted to schedule an in person interview. I met with him at the store I applied for. The interview process was average and overall the interview was great. I've touched based twice with him as he told me that he was going to recommend me for the position. As of this review I had not received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Salvation Army?   1 Answer