Sam Ash Music Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Sam Ash Music

2.0

Music Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was cool. Andrew was legit, but if I would have know how crappy the pay was, I would have never applied. What a waste of time!! I make more money jamming out on a corner, without having to deal with bum musicians.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very fast and easy. Simply talked about pay and hours and what i would be doing. Talked about days i would be working. Then i was told i would get a call and be told when i would start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No nigociating. Every one other then key holders and management are paid at minimum wage.

Sam Ash Guitar Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Tampa, FL) in August 2009.

Interview

long and drawn out

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

- Called
    - Invited for interview with studio manager
    - invited for meeting and interview with store manager
    -Discussion, no real "questions".
    - It was more me interviewing them. It does not pay much and they need good very qualified reputable instructors so the ball is pretty much in your court. However, the corporate policy regarding pay and so forth is what it is.Not nearly what a professional stand alone music school would pay.

Negotiation

easy no issues

Counter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Carle Place, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It took a short period of time, it was very casual and took place on the floor. Some people were waiting to talk to the manager, and it was an individual interview.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

Application

I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Huntington Station, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Sat with both store managers, discussed goals and long term objectives. He informed me about the history of the company and what my responsibilities would be. We also spoke about possible advancements. Tested my people skills with some pretty basic questions. All in All a pretty relaxed interview, ended up getting the job on the spot. Both my managers ended up being great, great people that Ill never forget

Interview Questions

• how to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Door Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with store manager and assistant manager in one of the lesson rooms. The interview was more like a friendly conversation. Later conversations revealed they were looking for someone with a great personality that could fit in and do what was expected.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Torrance, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Picked up application in person, filled it out and brought it back. Got a call about a week later. Interviewed with 1 person. She was nice but I seemed to be doing most of the talking. It was hard to get a feel for where I would fit into that particular store or for what the actual compensation scheme would be. They informed me that I was declined within about a week. I appreciated the relatively quick feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you get more business?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Miami, FL).

Interview

Amazing with the manager, he was kind and very good person asked many different things I guess I was a good candidate he went to many different aspects in the interview and was a very smart guy, then he went to explain that Sam Ash pays salary against commission

Interview Questions

• many different questions to test my knowledge and customer service skills which are exemplars   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam Ash Music (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First applied online, real quick I got an email response with another online questionnaire, a couple of days after that an email to schedule an appointment with the sales manager in 5 days, and after that another interview with the general manager in another 5 days. It turned out well, pretty straight forward about it, if you evidence enough knowledge, disposition and understanding that it is a job with minimum salary plus commissions, you'll be fine.