Sam Media Senior PHP Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam Media Senior PHP Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sam Media

3.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sam Media (New York, NY).

Interview

Phase 1 - offline test:
I was given ~10 hours to optimize a simple api call with delay for a large number of requests in order to accept as much requests as possible per second

Phase 2 - online test:
I was given ~2 hours to understand, explain & solve a given problem with tmux & vim (without autocomplete & things), TDD style.

Phase 3 - another online test:
As my first online test didn't go well, they gave me a second chance, another problem same environment.

Phase 4 - non coding:
I talked ~2 hours to IT director about my resume & all the aspects of my previous jobs.

Phase 5 - reference check:
I coordinated 6 people, 2 from each of my last 3 companies (one colleague, one manager) to acknowledge & testify.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sam Media

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam Media (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted email through Careers Stackoverflow. I was contacted by the Engineering Director who gave me a code test. The code test consisted of 2 tests and 2 bonus tests. Test was to improve one of their buggy process for free. It took me a total of 12 hours to complete all 4 tests and I was not offered to go further and there was no feedback why.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam Media.

Interview

First PHP task to be done in php, which went fine they selected for second round of interview.

Second level was an interview with 2 developer and a lead developer. Need to solve a logical question. The problem is environment. We have to code in vi with session sharing, for a developer does not comfirtable with the vi, it is a heptic process.

For anyone prepring for interview do prepare to use some old thigs like php5, phpunit 5.4 and vi.

I have completed the task partially, After 2 weeks no response from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam Media (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

A talent test to be submitted within 2 weeks. You should have a good experience with GIT, Vagrant, PHP, Web Security, Shell, OOP and Multi Threading Programming to be able to deliver an accepted code.

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sam Media.

Interview

Tech Test which we're given 10 business days to complete. The submission would be reviewed and a response followed detailing how the applicant did on the said test (go or no-go).

Applied through Stackoverflow, which they gave me a tech test to complete in 10 working days. Completed it and they mentioned they'll get back to me regarding the results in 4 days, it's been 6 weeks and no one at this company has the courtesy of contacting the applicant despite them setting the expectation that they would. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Interview question was based on a short tech test for optimizing code and mysql. This is followed by 2 bonus questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam Media (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2015.

Interview

Was given access to a talent test on Github. Two weeks time to complete it. Was asked to improve the code according to modern software development practices. All goals and bonusses (2 goals, 2 bonus in total) completed but was not asked to come in for an interview. Supposedly after this there would be two more interviews: one technical and one to see if you're a good fit for the company culture.

Interview Questions

• improve the code from the talent test according to modern software development practices. include unit tests   1 Answer

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kampong Lambor (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Media (Kampong Lambor (Malaysia)) in May 2015.

Interview

1-I applied from stack-overflow they send me an Git repo with talent test.
    2-I clone the repo and start over the talent test, finished the talent test and push work.
    3-Their was a bouns 1 & 2 questions and i did them too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam Media (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruitment process consists of the following steps:
    1.Once you submit your application, you will receive a talent test which you can complete at your convenience.
    2. Based on the results of the talent test, short-listed candidates will receive an invitation for an interview and will also receive a self-assessment questionnaire.
    3. The first interview is a technical interview and will be conducted by key members of our development team who could well become your future colleagues !
    4. The second interview is a more general interview and is conducted by the IT Director together with other members of the company's Senior Management team.
    5. This will be followed by reference checks with your previous employers. We will ask you to set up the appointments between us and your references.
    6. The last step of the process is the actual job offer
    (The company will provide work permits for successful non-Malaysian candidates)

Interview Questions

• Q. Write a console PHP code using Standard Input / Output for the following problem:
      Given N numbers, [N<=10^5] we need to count the total pairs of numbers that have a difference of K. [K>0 and K<1e9].
      Input Format:
      1st line contains N & K (integers).
      2nd line contains N numbers of the set. All the N numbers are assured to be distinct.
      Output Format:
      One integer saying the no of pairs of numbers that have a diff K.
      Sample Input #00:
      5 2
      1 5 3 4 2

Sample Output #00:

Sample Input #01:
      10 1
      363374326 364147530 61825163 1073065718 1281246024 1399469912 428047635 491595254 879792181 1069262793

Sample Output #01: