Sam's Club Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I interviewed three times with three different people, took a drug test and background check. Overall the experience was a little daunting I had to wait three hours in the cafe area that was dirty.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to name a time where I worked as a team, what the assignment was, how it turned out, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not at all. Everything is pre set, based on your experience. So make sure you get all your experience in your original application that's what they base it on.

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Three panel interview with different levels involved. Each person asked one question. Panel graded interview at the end. If the interview goes well you move to another three person panel interview. If this interview goes well you receive one person final interview for position.Politics play a major factor in whether you get the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Chesapeake, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Questions based on business plan and personal experience. Numerous questions that needed to be answered based on past experiences. Questions pertaining to how interviewee would handle various issues. Extensive "what action would you take" scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I help increase sales in the grocery/produce departments   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Submitted online and interviewed within a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Relatively simple. STAR type questions. They don't care about your answers per say, just your ability to answer. Drug Tested after initial offer. Background checks are slow. They do not care about your credit. Be honest on your application, as I am sure some of you are wondering.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions are challenging. Interviews are a numbers game. Apply over and over at many locations before you get a call. Don't give up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Nashville, TN) in September 2013.

Interview

You get asked about 10 situational in depth questions about different scenarios. You will also get questioned on experience in running multi million dollar facilities. It helps to speak to prior experience in the field and be specific and talk about successes.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember specific questions but some include ethical decisions, going above and beyond to help someone, safety and security.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was pretty easy. Asked all situational questions. They are expecting you to answer with the star model. Be prepared to get hired if you nail the first two interviews. Remember this is retail management no matter what position you are hired for.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions, just that they were situation based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't a negotiation phase. you start at the base. There is a regional pay adjustment if you work in a metro area.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a member of human resources for the region that lasted maybe 20 minutes. It took about a week to hear back which then they setup a phone interview with the club manager over that club. The interview started with questions geared towards business and then after we talked a little about the position and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you provided great customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Corona, CA).

Interview

Was called on Thursday to interview on the following Saturday.The interview I thought went well.Lasted about 30 minutes.We were interrupted several times.I never heard back from them.