Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.1

215 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. You apply online and get called in for an interview. Sams is always needing cashiers and its not hard to get in as long as you can pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for Sams?
    Why would you be a great candidate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Columbia, MO).

Interview

First I applied then I called up to the store and they told me they weren't hiring anymore. But my friend who worked there told the HR lady about me and they gave me an interview. It was super casual. They asked me a few questions about my background experience and what I can bring to the table.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2017.

Interview

When I first put in my application it took them about a week and a half to call me back. I didn't call up there a few times bit wait because they will call you when Sam's will called you. My first interview was very relax and we sat in the food area. The man was very nice. We went over my hours and what was on my online application. After that he asked me 3 questions. All very typical interview questions. After that they made no time to schedule my second interview and told me when it would be before we left. 2nd interview was also easy. Just confirmed everything and he gave me the job. The background check was sent to my e-mail and came back within a few days

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Batavia, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I went in for my interview, No one knew i was coming in even tho it was set up with HR. one of the department managers did the interview, and she loved me, I had the interview with hr and met the store manager. They both loved me and offered me the job on the spot. I started about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about the memberships?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was Nice and easy to answer questions. You can use any example you like. For me I used passed experience and prior knowledge. You have answe all the questions and be able to give examples.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply online and later that day I received a call for an interview the next day. I had two interviews one with the front end manager and one with the store manager and I was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2017.

Interview

Wasnt too extreme. Had one-on-one with one of the managers. Standard scenario questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary if you're familiar with retail. They do require background check and a drug screening. Offer was accepted and waiting on my start date now.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a difficult customer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2017.

Interview

I did an app online and got a call for an interview about a week later.When I arrives for my interview I was literally waiting in the cafe area for an hour for someone to interview me.Everyone kept saying that the person that suppose to have interviewed me called off and the other one was sick. During the interview the lady ran out (yes,RAN)because a kid passed out in the cafe area and she was gone for about an additional 15 mins while I was sitting in the office.She came pack ask a paragrah of simple questions mostly best on what if scenarios and tell a time when u had a bad customer.During the interview she asking me what position I was interviewing for and told me to select the open positions which in that time I did.I told her cashier, cafe, and sales floors.She than discuss abou the roles of the jobs.She said she'll call back in 2 days, she never did, and when I called I kept being placed on hold for 30 minutes .I just stop trying and face the fact I was offered the job.Although, I know I am qualified to work there.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to helo a customer and didnt know how   Answer Question
    • They ask abou five question from a paper they are long but at the end is the actual question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Matteson, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at the food court, I waited for someone to ask my name, they brought up my application, I signed papers about drug/background testing and answered their questions.

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Beckley, WV) in February 2017.

Interview

Sat me down in the cafe which is weird. Asked generic questions. First woman was rude and surprising remained rude when I was hired. Then took me upstairs got interviewed by the hr person then the general manager I suppose the title was. They all asked the same question I guess to see if I would change them or not. Not certain what the point was in all that. Then after that they called me to come in signed some papers and did a drug test then had the job.