Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Gainesville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was Nice and easy to answer questions. You can use any example you like. For me I used passed experience and prior knowledge. You have answe all the questions and be able to give examples.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply online and later that day I received a call for an interview the next day. I had two interviews one with the front end manager and one with the store manager and I was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2017.

Interview

Wasnt too extreme. Had one-on-one with one of the managers. Standard scenario questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary if you're familiar with retail. They do require background check and a drug screening. Offer was accepted and waiting on my start date now.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a difficult customer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Matteson, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at the food court, I waited for someone to ask my name, they brought up my application, I signed papers about drug/background testing and answered their questions.

Anonymous Employee in Beckley, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Beckley, WV) in February 2017.

Interview

Sat me down in the cafe which is weird. Asked generic questions. First woman was rude and surprising remained rude when I was hired. Then took me upstairs got interviewed by the hr person then the general manager I suppose the title was. They all asked the same question I guess to see if I would change them or not. Not certain what the point was in all that. Then after that they called me to come in signed some papers and did a drug test then had the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fresno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an online application and came into the store with a resume in November. I was told they don't accept Resumes in-store. I called later that week to speak with a manager and was told it would do no good. I called back several times over the month of December and was finally told they weren't hiring until January, though I was eventually called back on December. The call went to my voicemail and I called back within 30 minutes. When I called back and they said they were getting the hiring manager, I was put on hold for 45 minutes, then hung up, another 30 minutes on hold, hung up, another 30 minutes on hold. Called back the next day and same thing. Decided to just go into the store in person and ask for the hiring manager. I went to the counter and they had me go speak to her in the restricted area in the back of the store. She told me I never tried calling her back and I told her that her staff was incompetent and I called back right away and explained how long I was put on hold. She said ok, and told me she'll consider that my first interview, and to come in next Monday for the second. I came in 30 minutes early and awaited my interview at the food tables where I was told to wait. an hour later, she's still ignoring me. I walk up to her and she immediately tells me there's been a delay in my interview because they were so busy. Maybe three checkstands were open. She told me it would be another hour and a half, and to wait until then. I went shopping for that time, mostly just walking around. When the time came, we sat at the table and she immediately told me that even though I have cashiering experience that this job is completely different. She said it was primarily a sales position, even though in none of my shopping trips a single cashier has ever tried selling me anything. I looked around and all of her employees are wearing dirty, untucked shirts and mismatched clothing like they just rolled out of bed, and she's asking me why I feel I qualify as I'm wearing business attire and polished shoes. After this, and the stupid pen spiel, we go meet the store manager and she likes me, so I go upstairs and they hand me a paper to take a drug test. They tell me because it's so late, I have less than an hour to get to the facility on the other side of town or I will fail, as the test must be taken today. I ask when I can expect to hear from them, they tell me when the drug test is completed. I ask when that might be, they tell me not to worry about it and to just go take the test. I go to the place, with is a drug rehab clinic of some sort, and go through a large assortment of very particular tasks to take a simple urinary drug test. I head home, wait a week, and call, since I sill hadn't heard back from anyone. I was told I need to be patient and stop bothering them, and that the results would come when they come. At my last retail job, the drug test was done in-house via a cheek swab and took five minutes. It's been over a month now and I've yet to hear back from anyone. I've never done drugs, so I know I didn't fail the test. Honestly, after I've seen how the store is ran, and how they select their applicants, I would never want to work for this place.

Interview Questions

• To sell them a pen, even though it's a cashier position and I've never once been sold anything by their cashiers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hermantown, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Hermantown, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Extremely laid back, couldn't of gone any better. Very nice interviewer, the questions he asked were pretty simple and easy to answer. He immediately offered me a job after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one thing that you have done in a past job that required you to go above and beyond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Appleton, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

We all talked, met, and got to know mainly managers, and high people. Got to atleast know how someone reacted or reacts to something being truthfully honest. There was not much really to talk about rather than previous jobs

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Evansville, IN).

Interview

They needed help at the time. Pretty standard interview. Was asked about my prior work experience, and asked several questions about how I would respond to certain scenarios of questionable ethics.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a coworker was stealing from company/breaking law etc?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I did the application online. Took about a month to call me They make u wait in the cafe for 10 min than interview in the cafe for 10 min,. Came back a couple days later for orientation they walk u around the store show u around they make u watch a movie after that they make you take test on the computer n u can't start till u pass them all and took me bout 3 days to finish my Cbls that's Wat they call it

Interview Questions

• Lots of Tell me about a time .....   1 Answer