Sam's Club Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.3

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Wheeling, IL).

Interview

In the same day, in-person interview with HR, then with the front end team lead, and then with the front end assistant manager. Asked questions to get a feel for who I was and my prior experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were presented with a challenge and how did you handle it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Matteson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Matteson, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They sat me down at the food court, I waited for someone to ask my name, they brought up my application, I signed papers about drug/background testing and answered their questions.

Anonymous Employee in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Carol Stream, IL).

Interview

Overall the interview process was fast and simple. First you get interviewed by a supervisor a manger and finally the store manager. The store manager calls your references and if they check out you got the job. Don't forget they'll ask if you can sell the plus memberships which is an extra $45 dollars from the basic membership. The answer you should give is yes you can sell it.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell plus memberships   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Crystal Lake, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

"What experience do you have with sales?" or "Do you enjoy talking to people?"... "What position are you looking for?" or "Would you rather cashier, but you get paid more at the desk...?"

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with sales?   1 Answer

Member Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Hodgkins, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was hired that exact day after I took the drug test. It was truly very simple. In the begginning of the interview, you have two supervisors (cashiers) asking you different questions, Once you get passed the supervisors, you move two the second part of the interview with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a situation that you had a difficult time working with a manager?   Answer Question

Produce Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crown Point, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Crown Point, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

They just asked me a few questions about my background and my recent job experiences. Also, they asked me a lot of other questions about my recent employers and how were their personality.

Interview Questions

• What made me pick this job?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Vernon Hills, IL).

Interview

You sit and wait for 2hours for 5seconds with a team lead than they try to get you to come back in 2 weeks for another with management. It is painful when the people who are the interviewers and literally just standing around doing nothing instead of taking half a moment and handling the 5 seconds worth of conversation. Oh and don't stress they aren't trained in interviewing either... at all. Not even managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more than you want

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Tinley Park, IL).

Interview

First you interview with a COS, which are cashier supervisors. They go over your resume and ask varies situational questions. Second interview with manger from the front end. Then the last interview with the Store Manger (coach). If you get to the third interview you basically got the job. Then your sent for a drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Give a real situation in a work or school environment you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly salary is based on experience, so ask for more.

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Crystal Lake, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Asked questions off of a sheet of paper. It was not too difficult, they read you situations and you had to answer what you have to do. Make sure you answer very customer-oriented and in a well-manner. They also asked you to describe past experiences as well. Be prepared to answer the question of "tell me a little bit about yourself"

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had multiple customers ask for help at once   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were in a conflict, how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but they gave me a decent pay for my first ever real job, so it was said and done. I had 24 hours to get drug tested in order to accept the job offer and start right away.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Addison, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Easy process a 3 part process.First and second with the supervisor lastly with the store manager. They call your reference right in front of you. They ask them simple questions like if you are a threat to your self or others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in charge or a group of people to get a task done and how what you did to get the task done.   1 Answer